10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It was pretty bad, he didn't want to play field position in a close game so instead they turn it over at midfield, get pinned deep again, and give up a safety, then get a penalty on the safety so the Seahawks get the ball at midfield again, it was a pretty impressive sequence of mismanagement and failure to turn a competitive game into a rout.
    I think there was some miscommunication on that play, with only five seconds left on the play clock Rodgers was still trying to set up the play. Pretty bad playcalling by McCarthy though IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I think there was some miscommunication on that play, with only five seconds left on the play clock Rodgers was still trying to set up the play. Pretty bad playcalling by McCarthy though IMO.
    It was implied that McCarthy thought the play clock was supposed to be reset, and they ran out of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It was implied that McCarthy thought the play clock was supposed to be reset, and they ran out of time.
    Yeah, that was it. Still, his playcalling has been very questionable over the past few years. Not aggressive when he needs to be, runs too much when they're down 2+ scores, doesn't really manage the clock well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Going to be weird getting used to these constant commercial breaks when I got used to soccer this summer, the one after Kickoffs seems 100% not needed

yup US football games contain like 11 minutes of actual football. The rest are timeouts, commercials, replays, and huddles. They seriously need to fix that. Who the hell only wants 11 minutes of actual football during a ~3 hour game? And people say Baseball games are too long and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh Gordon working as a car salesman during his suspension. Sooooo ... yeah. That's a thing.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Josh Gordon working as a car salesman during his suspension. Sooooo ... yeah. That's a thing.
    He'll get fired before December, I'm almost sure of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Hahaha.

He is not the first one, DuJuan Harris was one for about a week.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    yup US football games contain like 11 minutes of actual football. The rest are timeouts, commercials, replays, and huddles. They seriously need to fix that. Who the hell only wants 11 minutes of actual football during a ~3 hour game? And people say Baseball games are too long and boring.
    I believe someone has a chart out showing how much game time each sport actually plays. And baseball plays less than football. Baseball was the worst with football in second.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was amusing. NFL players (and Erin Andrews) reading tweets about themselves: http://www.toofab.com/2014/09/05/nfl...el-live-video/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ike taylor has hands of STONE, but he did manage to pick off a few qbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NrVMDuTqPU
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This was amusing. NFL players (and Erin Andrews) reading tweets about themselves: http://www.toofab.com/2014/09/05/nfl...el-live-video/
    A few of those were pretty good. xD

Can't imagine what it must be like getting social media attention like that though. On the otherhand, they must get a lot of positive attention too, so maybe it balances out.

10+ Year Old Account
    mean tweets is fun, the Strahan one was at least an attempt to be clever about telling the same joke for the 100000th time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    A few of those were pretty good. xD

Can't imagine what it must be like getting social media attention like that though. On the otherhand, they must get a lot of positive attention too, so maybe it balances out.
    People talk about negative thingscto their friends twice ad much as the postive ones.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up Gordon just in case.

/fingersxxx
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a steelers thing as your avatar because the beat the seahawks in the superbowl and you are mad they just be GB? :P Thats pretty funny if so, kind of a meta level pshyce out.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow is going to be awesome and suck so much afterwards... I am a department manager at Walmart, and have several modular changes to do and thus I need to be on overnights. However: I am staying up all day and watching opening week. Screw the rules. It's football season!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't belive the vikings are 3.5 point undergrounds to a team without its starting qb, I'll take that every day of the week and twice on sunday!

- - - Updated - - -

Underdogs...stupid phone :P
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bradford already played like a backup anyway. No big loss.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2014-09-07 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG OMG OMG IT'S HAPPENING

Pre game stuff for Patriots: Aaron Dobson inactive, and it looks like Dan Connoly (who replaced Mankins as Captain) is not in the starting line up for the O-line.

Allready praying that our O-line will hold against this Miami front 7. Buttock status: clenched.

- - - Updated - - -

*sigh*

3 and out. Blocked punt. Miami start at the 15. TD Miami few plays later. GREAT start of the season. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    JJ Watt already has dominated the offensive lineman this game on multiple occasions, seriously, when will teams learn to start double blocking him? The man is a freak.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!