I said in the last, that I was unaware that NBA did it...

Yes, and I said pages ago to you that not showing up was finable. What he just did is not and as such, shouldn't be fined. But I would be hard pressed to find a single person not think that is childish. The same goes for breaking clear rules that he has no reason to break that he knows will get him fined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynch doesn't have to be who you people want him to be. The size of the fine the NFL hits him with is the silly part. You have a guy for New England promoting intentionally injuring his opponents, but the thing the NFL is fixating on is what hat Lynch is wearing. The way the NFL hounds Lynch helps to highlight their terrible priorities.

And I would argue if the NE player at any point in the game seems to intentionally target Shermans arm or whoever else he talked about he should be hit with a huge fine. Although I am almost 100% that mindset is shared with every other player, he still made it clear, and if he goes through with it should be heavily fined. Until then, it means nothing.

Lynch can do whatever he wants, but we have every right to see him for the spoiled child he is acting like. I support them fining any player who thinks they are above the rest/the nfl. I'm a Lions fan and i wanted them to suspend Suh several times. Just cause you play a violent sport, or any sport doesn't mean it is ok for for the players to intentionally hurt others OR to act immature. And they should be treated accordingly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jSAnqqa068

This is why I don't ever have a problem with him.

If you watch his interviews, he'll answer real questions. Especially questions pertaining to his organization and impoverished children.

10+ Year Old Account
    So because he gave a couple real interviews in his life its fine for him to act like a toddler at work?

You think every single question they asked him the other day was a joke/not real question?
    You're a towel.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So someone did some big data work on the Patriots fumble rates before and after the Patriots pushed the NFL to change ball responsibility to the teams themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    I was on the Watt wagon until someone pointed out he was as good last year as this year and his team still went 2-14.
    I really don't understand this argument. So for a player to even be considered for the award his team has to make the playoffs? Watt is a one man wrecking ball who can play offense, defense, special teams...hell, the dude could probably kick field goals. So tired of it going to offensive players every year, particularly QBs. This is the perfect year to show legitimate appreciation for one of the (if not the) most talented, valuable players in the league, but there's no way the NFL will do it.

I'm not a seahawks fan, Faltemer. My team did beat Seattle this year though, in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I really don't understand this argument. So for a player to even be considered for the award his team has to make the playoffs? Watt is a one man wrecking ball who can play offense, defense, special teams...hell, the dude could probably kick field goals. So tired of it going to offensive players every year, particularly QBs. This is the perfect year to show legitimate appreciation for one of the (if not the) most talented, valuable players in the league, but there's no way the NFL will do it.
    He kicked a field goal pre pro bowl lol. JJ won't get it, but I want him to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched Lynch's latest press obligations. I can't help but love the guy, he's ripping into the same old crap generic questions and lazy journalism, but when asked about his inner city charity invited the guy asking to see his work first hand.

Call it childish, but it's more character and more amusing than watching the same old generic answers to generic questions. Just give Sherman a mic for 2 hours instead, it's entertainment and ratings.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how anybody can defend lynch. his bullshit "Social anxiety" excuse is a flat out lie. Him acting like a toddler is ridiculous.
    What? Lynch doesn't want to talk to reporters, and some asinine NFL rule requires him to do so. Lynch is easy to defend. The ridiculous NFL rules are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Just give Sherman a mic for 2 hours instead, it's entertainment and ratings.
    Precisely. Sherman is far more entertaining, and outright brilliant with the press.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should split the awards the way the CFL does. Most Outstanding Valuable Player, Most Outstanding Offensive Player, Most Outstanding Defensive Player, Most Outstanding Special Teams Player. The NFL is already thinking about adopting our PI challenge rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    So all the people whining about deflated footballs, are you going to demand an investigation into why the patriots hotel's fire alarm has gone off at early morning (2-5 am) three times this week? Clearly foul play is afoot, trying to make sure they don't get rested....
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    So all the people whining about deflated footballs, are you going to demand an investigation into why the patriots hotel's fire alarm has gone off at early morning (2-5 am) three times this week? Clearly foul play is afoot, trying to make sure they don't get rested....
    Well obviously being that pulling a false fire alarm is a crime I would hope that the local agency is fully investigating.

To say the two are the same thing or anything of the sort is a total joke, one is a criminal offense the other is what it is.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

I doubt the Seahawks have anything to do with the fire alarms. Probably just some stupid fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    The alarms are a criminal investigation as it's a public risk. Not for the NFL to investigate.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope they are. All criminal activity should be investigated. What I find funny is that cheating isn't being punished. Did you look at the statistical analysis I pointed out earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    The argument doesn't mean that the team necessarily has to make the playoffs, but that "value" has to translate into wins. Watt is a one-man wrecking ball, but he was a wrecking ball last season when the team went 2-14: his immense skill as a player didn't translate into (m)any wins for his team. Whereas a player like Andrew Luck who takes an otherwise mediocre team to the playoffs has "value" that more directly results in wins for the team. Not saying I agree with it per se, but that's the way a lot of people view it, and it does weight the system toward QBs (and RBs) because those positions tend to have the biggest effect on the outcome of games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I sure hope they are. All criminal activity should be investigated. What I find funny is that cheating isn't being punished. Did you look at the statistical analysis I pointed out earlier?
    That is pretty crazy. You'd have to imagine that if something was going on since then, it would've been noticed before now. Belichick also tends to have a quick hook when players demonstrate butterfingers, which could help explain it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    That is pretty crazy. You'd have to imagine that if something was going on since then, it would've been noticed before now. Belichick also tends to have a quick hook when players demonstrate butterfingers, which could help explain it.
    Belichick has been there since 2000 (iirc), but the fumble stat has a dramatic turn right after the shift in game ball responsibility. It's not conclusive, but it's sure interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Dude, let it go already.. I made the mistake of linking the 29 count interview not realizing that it'd spark such a hateful debate, the dust finally settled and now you're riling up the arguement again..

Some people think what he does is funny, others don't. It's okay to be a Seahawks fan and think what Lynch does with the media is awesome but we don't need that debate to continue, everyone's made their points, let's move on, hm? =)