10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bailey is old, and hasn't really been good the past couple years anyway. Probably time to retire.
    Agreed. I never expected him to make the Saints roster tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a single person on the ESPN comment section complaining he got cut for being gay honestly. Personaly I thought he played much better then I personally expected, though it was against poor competition. I'm 100% certain he will get a chance someday to be on a team.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    he wasnt good enough?
    More like "the rams have way too many quality d-linemen?"

Their line is solid. Sam would almost certainly make 90% of the NFL's roster.

Anyway, Eagles cut their kicker Henery. Finally. Now, we see whether the guy we "traded" (I think we gave up a hamburger for him) for can kick field goals. He was the best college kicker on kickoffs last year which is already an improvement if he can at least hit 85% from inside 40.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    More like "the rams have way too many quality d-linemen?"

Their line is solid. Sam would almost certainly make 90% of the NFL's roster.

Anyway, Eagles cut their kicker Henery. Finally. Now, we see whether the guy we "traded" (I think we gave up a hamburger for him) for can kick field goals. He was the best college kicker on kickoffs last year which is already an improvement if he can at least hit 85% from inside 40.
    I have just been hearing that he is just not flexible enough, not able to play on special teams and etc.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Cowboys are funny. Went 5-1 in their division last year (5-0 with Romo starting) and that one loss was what cost them their playoff spot. (Wonder if a team has went 0-6 in their division while still making the playoffs/winning that division, or conversely, gone 6-0 while not making the playoffs.) Giants and Redskins haven't improved that much (it's a travesty how mediocre the Redskins offense has been this preseason with their lineup) so Cowboys definitely have chances against them.
    The raiders went 6-0 in the division iirc and were 8-8 missing the playoffs

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a pretty good couple of days since I drafted the 49ers defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It's been a pretty good couple of days since I drafted the 49ers defense.
    I did too in my other league :/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Swear to Christ... It is like they are trying to prove that they are the dumbest people on the planet... God Damnit RayMac! On the bright side, at least I had the foresight to buy a Justin Smith jersey a few years back rather than the RayMac one, because I would NOT be a happy camper right now.

I hope that the woman / unborn child aren't hurt, and if Ray did do it, then I hope that Harbaalke decides to cut him, show that the Niners do have a point that you will not be coming back. I know Ray is an awseome player to watch, and I liked him, but we have a couple of solid d-line choices behind him, and some of the time the trash needs to be taken out. I can handle a weapons charge, I get agitated over a DUI, but when it comes to hitting a woman, unless it is a chick who was whaling on you and continuing to do so while you were trying to get away, there is no excuse for hitting a woman.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-08-31 at 05:08 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodell is absolutely going to throw the book at that guy. And after reading the article Harbaugh is also probable to have a fit.

I don't think this guy will be on the 49'ers for long, especially not with the other guard finally coming back from his holdout.

- - - Updated - - -

And fucking hell. Mallett traded to the Texans! I never thought they'd go through with it. Now to wait and see what we got in return. If it's another 4th rounder then screw this trade, I would have kept him just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that was useless. Patriots get a 6th rounder next year in the trade. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that, now it's apparently a conditional 2016 7th rounder. They basically gifted him to the Texans just to make sure Mallett didn't end up in Buffalo, I think. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Mallet not a good enough backup? I don't really see a point in dropping him, unless they have another quality backup quarterback.

15+ Year Old Account
    Means Garoppolo outplayed him. Keenum released by the Texans. Curious to see where he ends up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Means Garoppolo outplayed him.
    This, mostly, though I think this is rather more a question of Garappolo's still improving day to day, even if he is not currently 100% at Mallett's level yet he will be eventually and surpass him.

I think the real reason is that the Patriots are confident enough that with Garappolo they have someone that will help them win games even if Tom Brady has to come out (knock on wood he doesn't EVER have to till he retires of course). If they didn't think Garappolo could do that they would have kept Mallett as the main back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just cross linking this from the fantasy thread cause some of you may be interested in this:

There's a pick 'em league for MMO-C now for those interested: http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/group/90980

You pick the winner of the NFL match ups that week and score points, all the way through the season up to and including the Superbowl. It was a really tight race between the top 3 last year, so come test your knowledge of match ups with us!

- - - Updated - - -

Alex freaking Smith just got 45M guaranteed. I think the world may end tomorrow, or at the very least soon, cause this can't possibly be a good sign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This, mostly, though I think this is rather more a question of Garappolo's still improving day to day, even if he is not currently 100% at Mallett's level yet he will be eventually and surpass him.

I think the real reason is that the Patriots are confident enough that with Garappolo they have someone that will help them win games even if Tom Brady has to come out (knock on wood he doesn't EVER have to till he retires of course). If they didn't think Garappolo could do that they would have kept Mallett as the main back up.
    I personally think the Patriots didn't want to carry 3 QB's on a roster where Brady is the clear number 1. They hoped someone would get injuried, panic and grab Malett or that Malett would look better in the preseason games. That didn't happen, so they had to take what they could get, so they could fit another player on the 53 man roster. I think it's to early to conclude that Garappolo > Malett.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL *MIGHT* get a chance to try out its new domestic abuse rules already:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...olence-charges

Obviously they have to wait for it to go to trial/plea deal, see what happens with it. He claims innocence. The two subs on mike and mike this mornign sounded positively gleeful that the new policy is going to get to see use though <.<

Also, what the hell is the deal with the 49ers?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk playing Week 1!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellxs View Post
    Gronk playing Week 1!
    I passed on him in fantasy too.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellxs View Post
    Gronk playing Week 1!
    Glad I grabbed him in my accidental league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sam clears waivers, doesn't get signed to practice squad, well that reality show would've had a bummer ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Sam clears waivers, doesn't get signed to practice squad, well that reality show would've had a bummer ending.
    To the CFL he comes.