Cool HC WF Thok's Tail Tip

Hi, first post here!

Been pve-ing with Haromm's Talisman + Assurance of Consequence for a while now and got use to it.

Now, just got my self this Thok's Tail Tip HC WF version and been trying it out (replacing Assurance of Consequence) and I can feel how energy starved I am without that shorter cd FoF and Energizing brew.

So my question is, how much haste do I actually need to use this weird trinket anyway if I put AoC out of the question?

I can't post my armory yet, so, Quadmg from Ravencrest, EU.

Thank you for your time.

Iirc AoC gives around 900 haste or something. As a highly geared monk though you'd be probably around 10-13k haste anyway. TTT would make up for the lack of haste you lose from not having AoC due to the passive. But to be honest, a 20 second shorter EB cd time is only equal to 1 chi a minute I believe. It's basically nothing.
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

AoC gives far more than 900 haste if you can use FoF and EB on CD. Without AoC (and assuming you're using Chi Brew), a good minimum haste rating for you would be around 10k. Since you're in mostly heroic gear, you can go for 12-13k haste without too much trouble. Anything over 13k will be wasted on most fights that don't require sustained AoE. I'm fairly comfortable at 12,750 haste on my WW. That amount gives me enough energy to rarely be energy starved on single target fights and allows for a fairly fluid playstyle for sustained AoE situations like Protectors and Galakras. While AoC is technically better than TTT on a Tank and Spank fight, for practical purposes, TTT will preform better for you than an AoC of the same ilvl.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-04-05 at 08:17 AM.

My rule of thumb was to budget 2k haste for AoC when I was using it. Not sure how accurate that is, but it felt close enough.

Without AoC, I like running 12.5-13k haste. Since you're killing heroic Thok and you have the Amp trinket, getting to 13k shouldn't be a problem.

Grats on the HWF trinket by the way. It's a minor miracle you got that as a monk haha.

Thanks a lot guys!

Been trying to get as much haste as possible and ended up at 10.986, been at 9.400~ before with AoC.

I can only go for more haste if a sacrifice either crit or agility... which is kinda lame considering I need a lot of crit for that TTT 9% more crit dmg effect anyway. (atm I have 62.04% crit from my own buffs, nothing else)

So, what now? Go from +80 Agility and +160 Crit to +80 Agility and +160 Haste? My crit would probably drop a lot, but the idea is to go 12K-13K haste and keeping that high crit 60%+ right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that if you just aim for that "soft cap" of 60% for crit, but really try for that 13k level of haste. Replace your yellow gems with Agi+Haste to help with that. The point would be is if you are energy starved, you aren't hitting so bonus crit doesn't matter.

Nice work on grabbing that trinket! I switched back to a normal version and have 13k haste and ... holy wow damage.
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Go for your haste goals before your crit goals. Haste gives you more "work" out of both crit and mastery, while crit only increases damage linearly. You want to fill every GCD for maximum TEB generation.