Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You asked for example, i gave you one now you ask for more?
    People who don't have kids have their marriage recognized. You gave no example...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It does make me happy that Michelle Bachmann's views didn't go ignored; she's been immortalized internationally as a total buffoon for what she says. Long-term, I'd say she's done more harm towards her cause than good, along with proving that people can and will support total airheads if it means pushing an agenda.

And to clarify, I'm not saying her views made her an airhead. Her general manner did. She's proven herself not to have an awful lot of tact.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-03-11 at 07:14 AM.

Skipped all the comments (a bit tired to read them all) so i'm not sure if this has been covered. Anyhow

Regarding the whole refuse service to gay people, IMO private business should have the right to decide who they sell their goods/services to, if they want to miss out on a business opportunity because of such discrimination then so be it. They shouldn't be forced go forward with providing the good/service if they feel uncomfortable with it, it's their loss anyway.

I'm a gay man, and I would refuse my services to any bigoted homophobe. It goes both ways.

I'm obviously talking about the private sector btw.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The original subject:

You think your beliefs that trample others are just as valid as beliefs that trample nobody. Go.
    Religious store owners are getting trampled on. It's just you believe they're not.

You compare being gay to having some kind of terminal illness that hurts your reproduction?
    I compare having a surgery intentionally for the purpose of not being able to reproduce as a mutual decision between me and a heterosexual partner to be comparable to... we don't want kids.

In any other thread, the people who would disagree with me might consider that a good choice. Won't be creating any welfare queens!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Great! Now explain to me the differences between gay marriage and straight marriage that causes this prohibition to distinguish these circles and squares. Their bedroom is it? Anything else?
    Why should I explain it? I was never talking about such a thing in this thread. The answer to your question goes into morality, and I think that at least some of us know what happens when I start talking about morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    You clearly do not know enough about human physiology or science to be commenting on this subject.

Take a break, read a book, try to better yourself for a change.
    Ad hominem is a fallacy. Spread the word.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    People who don't have kids have their marriage recognized. You gave no example...
    There has never been an outcry against marriages in which the couple cannot procreate.

NEVER.

That's enough to tell me that marriage is not about procreation.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you made a choice to not make kids? I was told many times on this forum about being gay is not being a choice, and now, you just say that it's the same?
    People not having kids being recognized as married does not hinge on choice. It doesn't mater if you can have kids, only if you are gay.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Religious store owners are getting trampled on. It's just you believe they're not.
    then give an example. oh wait, inc empty rhetoric to sway the conversation in another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    "There's nothing about gays in there. But the gay community decided to make this their measure," Bachmann said.
    This is exactly like saying a "Whites Only" sign isn't racist, since it doesn't mention non-white people.

She's a dribbling moron. Only reason she gets any attention is because she's a woman - and that's horrible on multiple levels. Firstly that a crazy homophobe is getting a lot of attention, support and money. Secondly that it has a negative image on other female politicians (even though it shouldn't since crazy male politicians don't make other male politicians look bad, but that's the crazy thing about society).

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The original subject:

You think your beliefs that trample others are just as valid as beliefs that trample nobody. Go.
    That was never the original subject. If you want me to quote my original post to show you what I was originally talking about, I can.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There has never been an outcry against marriages in which the couple cannot procreate.

NEVER.

Perhaps not in terms of politics but socially procreation is involved during the marriage(Not disagreeing with you btw).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Why should I explain it? I was never talking about such a thing in this thread. The answer to your question goes into morality, and I think that at least some of us know what happens when I start talking about morality.
    Your true colors come out and you no longer have to cherry pick? Your argument doesn't work without it, because you are afraid to list the difference... If you can't say the difference that causes gay marriage to be not recognized, it's impossible to justify your argument beyond just 'because'...

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked for example of difference between straight and gay couple:
    straight couple can produce kids (unless sickness/choice to not make them)
    gay couple cannot produce kids

How is this is not example?
    And before the one weird guy started throwing more and more insults on me, i'm not against gay marriage, i just want to see a good reason to change definition of marriage.

Oh, you made a choice to not make kids? I was told many times on this forum about being gay is not being a choice, and now, you just say that it's the same?
    because you don't CHOOSE to be gay? what the fuck is that really that hard to understand? and besides what the fuck does reproduction have when it comes to equal representation under the law? fuck all that's what. so why even bring it up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can not grasp why being gay is such an issue. If two guys want to get married does it really matter? The only people it is going to effect is themselves. It should be irrelevant if someone is gay or not. It doesn't change ANYTHING. Is should never been an issue and it sure as hell shouldn't be such a big issue as it is atm. 2 people should be able to get married anywhere. You would have to be a fucking moron to get married but you still should be able to do it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Oh, stop it.

So many ways... which one...

Cite one passage from any holy text that prevents you from serving me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

NEVER.

Bang on the money.

...or don't, since it'll get crumbled and stained.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    That was never the original subject. If you want me to quote my original post to show you what I was originally talking about, I can.
    That was the original topic of this thread.

Deleted
    Would have loved to see this bill pass...

Anyone who is not Christian refuses service to Christians on religous beliefs.

Muslim men refuse to service women on religous beliefs

etc

The racist homophobe bigots would lose their shit.