Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The congresswoman, who is set to retire after this congressional session, has previously dismissed the issue of school bullies targeting gays.

"That's not a federal issue," Bachmann said in 2011.
    Including this part seems weird to me. How is School bullying a federal issue?

Is everything a federal issue now? I get that a lot of people don't like her or what she says but this is nonsensically petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    If you want history repeating, feel free to find the 2 election threads from the last election. Go ahead and count how many of those predicting a Romney victory are still posting. Nixon was a conservative...
    Oh, the Nate Silver naysayers...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Schools receive Federal money.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account

Is everything a federal issue now? I get that a lot of people don't like her or what she says but this is nonsensically petty.
    Because it is an issue. It's not crazy to think Bullying happens to Gay People.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I agree with her. They want to force an abomination of on us. In order for there to be marriage there has to be procreation and love. Gays aren't capable of either. Two people of the same gender are incapable of having a child together so how can they ever come to love each other the way married couples do?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-03-11 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Schools receive Federal money.
    Is the flavor of the pie the serve a federal issue too? or the width of the parking space lines? NO.

"Giving" money to something doesn't mean you own all aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    In order for there to be marriage there has to be procreation and love. Gays aren't capable of either.
    This again?

- - - Updated - - -

Is the flavor of the pie the serve a federal issue too? or the width of the parking space lines? NO.

"Giving" money to something doesn't mean you own all aspects of it.
    Giving money to something suggests you might have a say in how that thing is run. It goes kind of like this: Do it this way, or no money. That's the Fed's whip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with her. They want to force an abomination of on us. In order for there to be marriage there has to be procreation and love. Gays aren't capable of either. Two people of the same gender are incapable of having a child together so how can they ever come to love each other the way married couples do?
    Gay people can't love others? Wow...that's a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laorenshu View Post
    But do you agree with her that gays have bullied the American political system? Because I'd absolutely love to hash that one out with you.
    His existence just makes me miss the original Riddler... The OG no longer seems to post... /spilling_juice_fo_my_homy

Giving money to something suggests you might have a say in how that thing is run. It goes kind of like this: Do it this way, or no money. That's the Fed's whip.
    Right and just because you can blackmail someone doesn't mean you should or have the right to.

It's a local school system issue. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can be a fairly conservative person, but holy fuck this is idiotic. At least I can be proud to say I have never used my religion or personal beliefs to bully or otherwise try to keep someone down for believing or living a way I personally don't like. If I don't like something and it doesn't affect me I keep it to my fucking self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, the Nate Silver naysayers...
    I was good about it too... Never called them out on it... Still remember them, those two threads is where I got about 9k of my posts...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Right and just because you can blackmail someone doesn't mean you should or have the right to.

It's a local school system issue. Period.
    I beg to differ. I live in a large-ish metropolitan area with many local school systems. It's kind of important to me what's happening a few miles over in a school district I don't live in because the results of that school system are still my neighbors.

But, whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I can be a fairly conservative person, but holy fuck this is idiotic. At least I can be proud to say I have never used my religion or personal beliefs to bully or otherwise try to keep someone down for believing or living a way I personally don't like. If I don't like something and it doesn't affect me I keep it to my fucking self.
    Because I'd bet you are fiscally conservative, not socially...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't think the point of the quote's inclusion was whether it's a federal issue. I think the point is how totally dismissive she was of the major problem that school bullying (particularly towards LGBT youth) has become.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was good about it too... Never called them out on it... Still remember them, those two threads is where I got about 9k of my posts...
    The next two are due to start up soon. Only 2 years 6 months to election time!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop making stuff up. Love doesn't equal sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that there are a LOT of people who say they're fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but the vast majority of them have no idea how to make it work. They think they can balance the federal budget without touching social programs or something.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly couldn't tell you the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't give a shit about it. That is what she wants, she wants you to get mad and publicize herself to people. Just let her die in a hole knowing no one cares about her.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Thats right straight America give me your lunch money or i'll give you a nuggie
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k