The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too, agree that it's awkward to build Carol up to be a shining bastion of the MCU when her comic counterpart is undermining both female empowerment rationality and just logical acceptance. I mean her arc in CW2 is utter shite...I really think it's an example of them knowing their comic audience and movie audience are not remotely connected. Those that have read what a douchebag she is in CW2 are still going to see her movie. Everyone else doesn't even know what she's done.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    What comic did that happen in? Because I'm up to date with CWII, and that's not happened. Unless print comics are ahead of digitial... Because the last issue I read ended with her landing a solid blow on the Hulkbuster, but not outright destroying it
    she punched through the Hulkbuster. there is also one comic which happens after Civil War where Tony is dead. that blow she dealt to Iron Man killed him.... most likely. heck, definitely.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-12-03 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    she punched through the Hulkbuster. there is also one comic which happens after Civil War where Tony is dead. that blows she dealt to Iron Man killed him.... most likely. heck, definitely.
    I partially agree... However:

You can accuse Marvel of many things, being stupid isn't one of them. The very fact that they've made it SO obvious in both International and Infamous Iron Man that Tony Stark is dead makes me think that he's still alive. I reckon the series will end with him being "Killed" only to turn out that it was all some ploy by him to de-escalate the situation, while he slinks off to an island somewhere to relax and live out his life in peace... Or at least until they suddenly need him again. Not to mention the new "AI" that Riri has in her helm, which in NO way is just Tony talking through a holophone.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I partially agree... However:

You can accuse Marvel of many things, being stupid isn't one of them. The very fact that they've made it SO obvious in both International and Infamous Iron Man that Tony Stark is dead makes me think that he's still alive. I reckon the series will end with him being "Killed" only to turn out that it was all some ploy by him to de-escalate the situation, while he slinks off to an island somewhere to relax and live out his life in peace... Or at least until they suddenly need him again. Not to mention the new "AI" that Riri has in her helm, which in NO way is just Tony talking through a holophone.
    I guess we will have to wait and see though Iron Man just being somewhere else while the Civil War ends is underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we will have to wait and see though Iron Man just being somewhere else while the Civil War ends is underwhelming.
    I don't think he'll be somewhere else... I think his death WILL be the end of Civil War. When she realises what she's done (or rather, what she THINKS she's done) she'll pipe the fuck down and things will be sorted out calmly by the remaining members of Team Tony.

Although, I'm still slightly convinced that this whole thing is actually a vision and it'll all end with Ulyses killing himself to prevent any of it happening, Butterfly Effect style.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I don't think he'll be somewhere else... I think his death WILL be the end of Civil War. When she realises what she's done (or rather, what she THINKS she's done) she'll pipe the fuck down and things will be sorted out calmly by the remaining members of Team Tony.
    lets hope but it Marvel so be ready for plot twists.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Shadow hates any and everything that doesnt conform to his nostalgia and thinks everything made after he growded up is shit. Dont worry about him, he hates everything
    Yeah...and it probably should bother you that the VP already said that the reason they have such shitty storylines in the past decade is because controversy sells. And the fact that you bought into such shit...says something now doesn't it...
    I've seen this mentioned a few times... And I've got to say it does confuse me a bit. Why release Civil War II, which is an omnibus edition of Captain Marvel being a cunt, and then release the film and try to get us to like her?

Seems very strange.
    Oh...I dunno...maybe their trying the same shitty tactic about controversy and hoping it sells. That they are merely talking about it before even the script is written may mean they're testing the waters to see if it's a good idea. Considering what was just posted above...I think comic books have died a long time ago and all Marvel is doing nowadays is giving writers fiat to prostitute its corpse.

Why would controversy bother me when the stories are good
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think comic books have died a long time ago and all Marvel is doing nowadays is giving writers fiat to prostitute its corpse.
    Funny thing: I recently picked up a bunch of old comics, stuff from the 70s/80s. Got em from a friend who was giving away all the shit her ex left at her house...

They're ALL terrible. I would take the worst of the stuff that's released today over this nonsense any day of the weak.

Skipping past the artwork, which was so bad it's funny, the plots and the way the characters speak is just laughable bad. And I don't just mean dated, I can deal with dated...

They're just SO fucking dull.

You say that comics these days are dead... Well if that's true then back then they were fucking cremated.

Mother of...

This week's Agents of Shield episode was phenomenal.

We had an android science!magic a sling ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah...and it probably should bother you that the VP already said that the reason they have such shitty storylines in the past decade is because controversy sells. And the fact that you bought into such shit...says something now doesn't it...

Oh...I dunno...maybe their trying the same shitty tactic about controversy and hoping it sells. That they are merely talking about it before even the script is written may mean they're testing the waters to see if it's a good idea. Considering what was just posted above...I think comic books have died a long time ago and all Marvel is doing nowadays is giving writers fiat to prostitute its corpse.
    well, movies are pretty good.

I don't see Captain Marvel doing bad at all, especially the fact that she is the first Marvel movie with a female lead.

Captain Marvel being the most powerful superhero in MCU threw fandom into rage but they will get over it.

Funny thing: I recently picked up a bunch of old comics, stuff from the 70s/80s. Got em from a friend who was giving away all the shit her ex left at her house...

They're ALL terrible. I would take the worst of the stuff that's released today over this nonsense any day of the weak.

Skipping past the artwork, which was so bad it's funny, the plots and the way the characters speak is just laughable bad. And I don't just mean dated, I can deal with dated...

They're just SO fucking dull.

You say that comics these days are dead... Well if that's true then back then they were fucking cremated.
    I recently read the debut of the Black Panther in Fantastic Four. At one point, Thing drinks from this fountain, and falls over and Panther shows up and is like "You feel weak now, because you drank from the fountain of weakening! I knew I couldn't match your strength, so I turned on the fountain of weakening to weaken you and leave your strength sapped!". I was like damn, so just to clarify T'Challa, what was the fountain of weakness for, again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I was like damn, so just to clarify T'Challa, what was the fountain of weakness for, again?
    This is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. Honestly, I don't know how they survived long enough to even still be in business now, they were SO BAD back in day.

Enjoy the new Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 trailer
    http://comicbook.com/2016/12/02/guar...-trailer-full/

- - - Updated - - -

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I need more rocket in my life
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    *cries tears of perfect nerdy joy*

If anyone needs me I'll be sitting in a room watching this trailer on loop until the film comes out.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that I'm dropping more books from my pull list than I'm putting back on it, at least over the last year or so. Right now I'm getting:

Marvel: Punisher ( Becky Cloonan is almost as good as Ennis was), both Cap books, both Dr Strange books, Amazing Spider Man ( the real one, Peter Parker, not the SJW insert), Old Man Logan and Extraordinary X-Men ( because Logan is Wolverine to me, not X23 ffs)

DC: Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Trinity, Justice League, Aquaman

Image: Surgeon X, Seven To Eternity( best comic I've read in years; in some way it reminds me of late 70s/early 80s Star Wars books from Marvel)

So, 16 regular titles. And of course the occasional mini series/1shot.

A few years ago I think I had 25 books on that list. But when a writer does something with a story I don't like, I drop the book. It seems like I've been doing that more lately. Maybe it has something to do with getting older.

- - - Updated - - -

I will seriously fight ANYONE, to the death, that says Jason Aaron is a bad writer. He's been at the helm for a majority of my favourite Thor arcs and you can tell he seriously understands the character...

But hey, this is the internet; where everyone hates everything except the thing that this current thing replaced... That first thing was amazing, especially compared to this current thing, eww, this current thing SUCKS. Until it's replaced...
    Well, I don't have a problem with any specific writers ( other than Grant Morrison, after the abortion that was Final Crisis), but I'm not reading Thor anymore until it's actually Thor, and not his girlfriend.

It seems to be a thing now: goose a book's sales by SJW stunt casting. I dropped Thor when Jane Foster came in, and I won't be getting it again unitl the real Thor is 100% back in the saddle.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-12-04 at 01:53 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    It seems to be a thing now: goose a book's sales by SJW stunt casting. I dropped Thor when Jane Foster came in, and I won't be getting it again unitl the real Thor is 100% back in the saddle.
    Check out Unworthy Thor, first issue is out, second comes out on the 7th. It's Odinson's new book and it's going to be epic: We FINALLY find out what Fury said to him, to make him stop being worthy and I think he's going to get past it and reclaim A Mjolnir, if the THE Mjolnir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Check out Unworthy Thor, first issue is out, second comes out on the 7th. It's Odinson's new book and it's going to be epic: We FINALLY find out what Fury said to him, to make him stop being worthy and I think he's going to get past it and reclaim A Mjolnir, if the THE Mjolnir.
    When it's just Thor, not Janethor and Thor, I will be interested. Until then, f it.

I have no tolerance for writers who jerk me around and do things I don't like.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

well, movies are pretty good.
    Because they stuck to the original characterization and core stories. The only one they didn't was with Thor, and because of that those movies have been justifiably criticized.
    Captain Marvel being the most powerful superhero in MCU threw fandom into rage but they will get over it.
    You keep saying that but you're stupid for fantasizing that you speak for everybody...You don't. What are you 12 years old?