Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Its just an expansion" is also not really a good reason for being cheaper. Why is it ok to pay 60$ for a new game and not for an expansion
    The issue here is keeping the attention of your audience. If you want to charge sixty bucks for an expansion then fine, but people are going to see what else they can purchase for sixty dollars and see newer MMOs that are attainable before WoD will be.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    People who complain about WoD having not enough features are the same people who whine how scenarios and pet battles in MoP should've been left out.
    I think you are missing some points here. People in this thread are not complaining that there are not enough features. They are simply stating that WoD does not have more features the nprevious expansion and a rise in the expansion prize is unwarranted. I hope this clears things up for you mr. complainer

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    The issue here is keeping the attention of your audience. If you want to charge sixty bucks for an expansion then fine, but people are going to see what else they can purchase for sixty dollars and see newer MMOs that are attainable before WoD will be.
    and then they buy another game for 60 bucks and finish it within a week. while wow has content everyday of the year every year
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    To summarize why people are complaining.

People love to complain.

That is all.

WoD has plenty of new features and a very slightly raised price. Perish the thought WoW raises it's price once in 10 years for an XPac and suddenly the sky is falling.

But I'll probably get called a fanboy for having some sensibility.
    Could it be because there is no point in increasing the prize of the WoD box other then blizzard being greedy? Its not like they are lacking money, its not like WoD is a whole new game. It has a few new features ,yes. Nothing really mindnumbingly insane. There is nothing to warrant a raise in prize other then greed. Nothing.

People in general dont like greed. So they complain.

Its odd hwo you have to explain simple things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Some people don't like things for reasons that are their own, and value things differently so what? Whining about whining seems equally odd to me.
    When did people start forgetting that the value of something is more than the monetary price you pay? I can understand being irritated by the price increase(for what seems like no reason), but if you enjoyed playing the game at 40$(and 15$/month) then you'll still enjoy it at 50$.

That's like being part of a sports team and quitting purely because they increased the yearly membership fee. As if the extra money some how negates any and all enjoyment you may receive. Sure you could go try another sport that doesn't cost as much, but you're forcing yourself not to do what you want to do for the sake of not wanting to spend extra money?

People put too much value on money and not enough elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    and then they buy another game for 60 bucks and finish it within a week. while wow has content everyday of the year every year
    You missed the point and you missed it hard.

It´s a price increase. No Customer should ever like price increases.
    Now if its a reasonable price increase (since it pretty much stayed the same for 10 years and nothing else I know has) is another question.
    I would go for yes. Although the increase of buyable horsies in the last expansion kinda weakens that yes.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    When did people start forgetting that the value of something is more than the monetary price you pay? I can understand being irritated by the price increase(for what seems like no reason), but if you enjoyed playing the game at 40$(and 15$/month) then you'll still enjoy it at 50$.

That's like being part of a sports team and quitting purely because they increased the yearly membership fee. As if the extra money some how negates any and all enjoyment you may receive. Sure you could go try another sport that doesn't cost as much, but you're forcing yourself not to do what you want to do for the sake of not wanting to spend extra money?
    This is why two hashbrowns for a dollar became one hashbrown for a dollar at McDonalds. People just roll over and accept spending more money for less. At what point do you decide that hey; price jacking isn't cool? 70 bucks for an expansion? 80? 150 for the collector's edition? I mean, why not, right?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People will buy it anyways and soon after launch no one will care how much they paied for it and life will be back to normal.

Every time the price goes up on anything, people complain.

That's all there is to it. Simple fact, salaries cost more today than they did 4-5 years ago when Cata came out, they didn't pass on the increase in MoP, but at WoD they had to bite the bullet and increase price to match increasing costs.

Initial launch may not have a $40 version, but might drop to $40 after 6.1 drops.

Everyone whining about the Free 90 Boost not being free are just trying to scapegoat the fact they want to whine about an increase by making it about something other than they just don't like the increase in price.

With an xpac lasting 24 months (assuming a Sept release for WoD), it's costing you $.42 per month more. If that's to much for you, go beg at a bus stop for a few mins, you will be able to cover it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    To summarize why people are complaining.

People love to complain.

That is all.

WoD has plenty of new features and a very slightly raised price. Perish the thought WoW raises it's price once in 10 years for an XPac and suddenly the sky is falling.

But I'll probably get called a fanboy for having some sensibility.
    Darth Blizzard says "I have changed the terms of our agreement, pray I do not change them again"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Could it be because there is no point in increasing the prize of the WoD box other then blizzard being greedy? Its not like they are lacking money, its not like WoD is a whole new game. It has a few new features ,yes. Nothing really mindnumbingly insane. There is nothing to warrant a raise in prize other then greed. Nothing.

It's odd how you can't understand that complaining about a single price increase of 10 measly dollars or 10 measly euros in TEN YEARS is really, really dumb. Fact is, the dollar and euro are worth less than they were 10 years ago. It's not greed, it's the market cost.

And of course, they could afford to release everything for cheaper with how much money they make. But that's business. Hell, EA should never need to release a Madden/FIFA title at 60 bucks a piece, but they do. Why? Because people will pay it.

People who are much smarter and more educated in economics and marketing understand that people would pay $50 for the product, and Blizz would not face a significant drop in people who buy it. It's strategic pricing, not greed.

Oh, and believe it or not, Blizzard is a for profit company. They are entitled to make as much money as they want. They are entitled to charge $50 for the XPac since people will pay for it.

I guess I'll save an extra $10 for it. Guess that means I'll have to cut one trip to Chipotle out of my life. Oh darn.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    WoD will have more PvE endgame than ESO and it's cheaper. No one is complaining about ESO, right?
    I am, I refuse to buy the game because of the way ZeniMax is handling the cost of the game, monthly sub and cash shop. I could complain about Blizzard doing the same thing, but look at what Blizzard gives us. TESO won't have enough subs after the initial month to warrant big content patches.

Edit: I firmly believe MMO's need to drop the months sub in this day and age if they have in game cash shops, I may be interested in TESO and give it a play through if there wasn't a monthly sub. They're trying to capitalize on Bethesda's titles and TESO isn't anything like Bethesda's games.
    Last edited by THoyt; 2014-03-11 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    while wow has content everyday of the year every year
    And that's why we pay each month.

Blizzard is really lucky as a business... they sell a expansion pack that is more expensive than the original game (if both were released at the same time in the same market, the expansion would still be more expensive), has a very expensive cash shop and paid services and also a monthly fee... and people not only pay them with a big smile in their face, they even defend them!
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-03-11 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post

Raising prices to offset rising costs is not greed. Blizzard is a FOR PROFIT company and is expected to actually turn a profit.

If you don't feel the update is worth what Blizz is asking, don't buy it.

You keep using that word "Greed", but I do not think it means what you think it means. (Random Movie Reference)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Every time the price goes up on anything, people complain.

That's all there is to it. Simple fact, salaries cost more today than they did 4-5 years ago when Cata came out, they didn't pass on the increase in MoP, but at WoD they had to bite the bullet and increase price to match increasing costs.

Initial launch may not have a $40 version, but might drop to $40 after 6.1 drops.

Everyone whining about the Free 90 Boost not being free are just trying to scapegoat the fact they want to whine about an increase by making it about something other than they just don't like the increase in price.

With an xpac lasting 24 months (assuming a Sept release for WoD), it's costing you $.42 per month more. If that's to much for you, go beg at a bus stop for a few mins, you will be able to cover it.

Kay so. These are some hypothetical numbers for you.

Blizzards expenses in cata: 200
    Blizzards income in cata: 50000

Blizzards expenses in WoD: 500
    Blizzards income in WoD: 40000

WE HAS TO INCREASE PRIZE TO KEEP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people were expecting Blizzard to shift towards "free to play" model

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    10$ hike on a ONE TIME purchase, or a ~5$ hike on monthly subs... which is the better option for players as a whole... not really that hard a concept to grasp imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The only new feature you named was garrisons. That's not worth $50. Free 90 is not free.
    Garrisons may not be worth $50, but it may be worth $10, Which is what the xpac costs over the previous wow xpacs. Face it, The cost of the xpac would have been $40 by typical format for the typical increased level cap, new quests, new raids, new zones xpac bread and butter. You're seriously crying over $10. Also bundle into the additional $10 the free 90 that blizz has billed at $60 value, it makes sense.

People just love to complain. And people complaining about the cost AND the date should just realize if $10 is gonna break them that they should maybe consider unsubbing for 1 month to get an extra $16.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Some people were expecting Blizzard to shift towards "free to play" model

There is zero evidence that Blizzard had any intention of moving toward a free to play model. Only self delusion could convince anyone that Blizzard was moving in that direction.