Simcraft Question

Ran a sim of my character today just to see the difference between tier 4 talents at my gear level, I was surprised to find how Fervor and Thrill differed.
    Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ercylol/simple

Anyway here is what I found:

(Link): http://i.imgur.com/HSg78u6.png

Here is the action line that I used for both:

actions=virmens_bite_potion,if=target.time_to_die<=25|buff.stampede.up
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/use_item,slot=hands
    actions+=/auto_shot
    actions+=/explosive_trap,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/fervor,if=enabled&focus<=50
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows,if=enabled&!ticking
    actions+=/lynx_rush,if=enabled&!dot.lynx_rush.ticking
    actions+=/explosive_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.react
    actions+=/glaive_toss,if=enabled
    actions+=/powershot,if=enabled
    actions+=/barrage,if=enabled
    actions+=/serpent_sting,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=10
    actions+=/explosive_shot,if=cooldown_react
    actions+=/kill_shot
    actions+=/black_arrow,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=8
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=active_enemies>3
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&dot.serpent_sting.remains<2
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react
    actions+=/rapid_fire,if=!buff.rapid_fire.up
    actions+=/dire_beast,if=enabled
    actions+=/stampede,if=trinket.stat.agility.up|target.time_to_die<=20|(trinket.stacking_stat.agility. stack>10&trinket.stat.agility.cooldown_remains<=3)
    actions+=/cobra_shot,if=dot.serpent_sting.remains<6
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=focus>=67&active_enemies<2
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=focus>=67&active_enemies>1
    actions+=/cobra_shot

Edit: Fight length is 5 minutes 0% variation

I would expect over so many iterations that Explosive Shot damage would have a marginal difference between talents, especially if both ES and BA are higher in priority than arcane shot. Does anyone know what the issue is? I have only started using Simcract recently, so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance~
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-17 at 08:24 PM.

At a first glance what puzzles me is the RNG factor with SV 4P, can this be simmed with sufficient accuracy? it varies so much based on how lucky ur with ES streak.

Deleted
    I cant check properly right now, but I can tell you the default TotH settings will cause big problems with the accuracy of the sim.

This line is pretty stupid. It essentially instructs the client to discharge all TotH stacks regardless of other factors. This will leave you focus starved for ES and BA a lot of the time. You will be able to see this under the Procs section 'explosive_shot_focus_starved' I think it is. You can try adding a focus> condition to the TotH line to make sure it doesn't leave you dry.

At a glance I would also suggest Glaive Toss should be below ES/KS/BA

I'll take a closer look at it when I can

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    At a first glance what puzzles me is the RNG factor with SV 4P, can this be simmed with sufficient accuracy? it varies so much based on how lucky ur with ES streak.
    Over 1000 iterations, elements of RNG fall into the standard deviation, which simcraft reports to be +/- 1k DPS. This includes all procs, toth scope and trinkets, so taking all this into account, and ignoring the extreme values, L&L procs wouldn't cause the 10k differential we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I cant check properly right now, but I can tell you the default TotH settings will cause big problems with the accuracy of the sim.

I redid the sim, this time deleting that action line entirely, and explosive shot went from 90k DPS to 100k DPS. Even though explosive shot was higher than thrill proc in the priority, any idea why that is? And what does .react mean exactly?
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-18 at 06:46 PM.

Should always sim at 50k iterations if you want proper results.

Why is that? Is a 0.25% deviation too large for you?

Edit: Sorry I don't mean to sound like a dick. Either way your graph represents a bell curve and error drops slightly over more iterations. I just don't see why 50k is necessary. The average won't shift either way.
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-18 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    I redid the sim, this time deleting that action line entirely, and explosive shot went from 90k DPS to 100k DPS. Even though explosive shot was higher than thrill proc in the priority, any idea why that is? And what does .react mean exactly?
    .react means it will take into account human reaction time when reacting to the proc.

The reason it went up is because of what I highlighted before, look at the 'explosive_shot_focus_starved' and compare the two sims. You probably had no occurrence in the second sim where ES wanted to be cast but you didnt have 25 focus. In the first sim, I suspect you had lots of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    The reason it went up is because of what I highlighted before, look at the 'explosive_shot_focus_starved' and compare the two sims. You probably had no occurrence in the second sim where ES wanted to be cast but you didnt have 25 focus. In the first sim, I suspect you had lots of those.

Oh my, you are correct! 40 compared to 0.8! Well met Carlaena + 3 rep

What about a ToTH react line that fires Arcane shot @ 35 focus instead of just firing it.

EDIT: 6k DPS increase, Fervor still ahead so more tweaking to do (280s fight, 0% variation because I like to just do Iron Juggernaut. 280 instead of 270 to get an extra Fervor, will keep changing stuff to come up with something good.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-03-18 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What about a ToTH react line that fires Arcane shot @ 35 focus instead of just firing it.
    Wouldn't you run into the same issue with Black Arrow in that case?

Edit: Just tried it. Difference between >=35 and >=45 is ~700 dps ie marginal
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-18 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Why is that? Is a 0.25% deviation too large for you?

Edit: Sorry I don't mean to sound like a dick. Either way your graph represents a bell curve and error drops slightly over more iterations. I just don't see why 50k is necessary. The average won't shift either way.
    Because being more accurate is better when you want to determine which talent is better.

Deleted
    Yep I'm pretty sure 45 is what I always use on my TotH, as 45-10 is enough so that neither BA nor ES get left behind. There are a lot of little tweaks you can do, but adjusting that will go a long way to fixing the TotH simulations.

Deleted
    My old action lists are on my RIP machine, but I have put these together as a temp solution. They aren't perfect, but go a long way to fixing a lot of the problems with the default SV sim. Using the default settings over 250 seconds I get 405.3k. Using these settings, I reach 416.9k, which is very close to what I would expect to see. Comparing spell percentages with my last few IJ kills, the new settings are extremely close whereas the default AS/ES/BA are miles off.

As I said though, not perfect, but a big improvement.

Code:
    actions=virmens_bite_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<22|buff.stampede.up
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows,if=enabled&!ticking
    actions+=/black_arrow,if=buff.lock_and_load.up&focus>=98
    actions+=/serpent_sting,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=10
    actions+=/explosive_shot,if=cooldown_react
    actions+=/explosive_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.react
    actions+=/black_arrow,if=dot.black_arrow.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=8
    actions+=/kill_shot
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/use_item,slot=hands
    actions+=/auto_shot
    actions+=/explosive_trap,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/fervor,if=enabled&focus<=50
    actions+=/lynx_rush,if=enabled&!dot.lynx_rush.ticking
    actions+=/stampede,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die>=20
    actions+=/glaive_toss,if=enabled
    actions+=/powershot,if=enabled
    actions+=/barrage,if=enabled
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=active_enemies>3
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&dot.serpent_sting.remains<2
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&focus>=45
    actions+=/rapid_fire,if=!buff.rapid_fire.up&focus<90
    actions+=/dire_beast,if=enabled
    actions+=/cobra_shot,if=dot.serpent_sting.remains<6
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=focus>=67&active_enemies<2&cooldown.a_murder_of_crows.remains>2
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=focus>=67&active_enemies>1
    actions+=/cobra_shot
    Last edited by mmoc89dd5782ca; 2014-03-21 at 12:16 PM.