Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hope they do something with the underground system of Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You don't think Napoleon was anything worthwhile historically?
    As i said, im not great at history. Kinda forgot about the revolution and Napoleon completely.

I do hope the game is during the revolution. Would be really cool actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last one was a nice pirate game but hoping it returns to its roots a bit more with the earlier games and probably prince of persia as well by now.

Yeah, there is actually a lot of relevant stuff that happened in France in the last 500 years. The Revolution would be a good guess, but like some others, I was kind of hoping for a Eastern AC this time around.. something in Japan with the Emperors dynasties, with a Samurai assassin. Oh well..

I must be getting old, i clicked and expected armored core.

I'm honestly surprised that the next game doesn't just make you a boat assassin. You just sail around and shoot other boats. First non-living assassin of the order. The stealthy assassin boat.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I dont really know. My knowledge in history may be bad, but i dont really remember anything "worthwhile" happening in France during the last 500 years or so, if you dont count ww2 ofc.

Ac2 is my favourite ac game, even though it didnt really base around any major historic event, so i quess it could be cool.

E: completely forgot about the revolution >_<
    France (like most european countries) is a 2000 years old country. Its history and culture is rich.
    As mentioned above me, there was the french revolution and the napoleon empire/european conquest. But also the famous 100 years war with the english concluded with the story of joan or arc, uniting the country, crowning the king and driving the english out. Timewise, it's slighly before the event of assassin's creed 2. Joan or Arc was born in 1412, ezio in 1459.

However, you could have more modern Paris, about the year 1900, if you want to see some known land marks. The eiffel Tower was built in 1889, for the organization of the "exposition universelle" (the tower was supposed to be dismantle and recycled after the fair if you believe this) the arc de triomphe in 1810, and meet some famous people like Jules Verne, Ernest Hemingway, Albert Einstein or Pablo Picasso.

Deleted
    More pics:

Is it just me, or does the character look like a fucking twig compared to Ezio, Altair etc?

Last game had boats, now I want to fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Last game had boats, now I want to fly.
    A pilot assassin, so subtle. Well why not, it can't get any worse anymore

However, you could perhaps get to ride a hot air balloon (1783).

Is it just me, or does the character look like a fucking twig compared to Ezio, Altair etc?
    Ugh, I hate it when characters are that thin.

I mean really? No one who is that thin can not have the required strength to pull off the crazy shit that you can do in AC.

Yes yes I know some of the stuff you can do in AC is impossible to do in real life, but at least have some believability.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that the next game doesn't just make you a boat assassin. You just sail around and shoot other boats. First non-living assassin of the order. The stealthy assassin boat.
    Arrr i guess you could say that assassin was sea worthy. c wat i did thur.
    Anyway i dont know if they mentioned the time period i certainly hope its in the 1900s! Mainly so i can go on the eiffel tower and be that assassin love machine. wait what.

Wondering how these parkour up and down will work also..
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Arrr i guess you could say that assassin was sea worthy. c wat i did thur.
    Anyway i dont know if they mentioned the time period i certainly hope its in the 1900s! Mainly so i can go on the eiffel tower and be that assassin love machine. wait what.

Wondering how these parkour up and down will work also..
    Terribly from first impressions. I mean are they really making that a manual task? Do you hold a button? Do you have to spam it? I really need to know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setting doesn't surprise me. I've been expecting a 19th century France/Paris since the AC2 trilogy.

Screenshots look very unfinished/unpolished. But considering it's likely nowhere near finished, they don't bother me at all. I'm sure it will look great, as most ACs have.

2 things give me pause. New control scheme. Could be great, or could make things unnecessarily clunky. AC has always been an extremely fluid and smooth game. I hope they keep it so. The other is hoping the combat (yes, even in single player) gets some more depth added to it. AC has never been a "difficult" game. That's fine. But countering/chain killing with the same animations over and over ad nauseum eventually gets boring.

(Maybe I'm a little too morbid too, but some of the brutal attacks should be more reflected in carnage/gore as well.)

Ok. I lied. 3 things. They're developing this one for the old consoles as well? Over a year into the "next gen" (frankly, now current gen) life cycle? UGH. Way to water it down just to be able to port it to obsolete systems. Sure, I'm an early adopter. But a year in, new games should be for the current gen. We won't truly reach full potential catering to old gear. (But I suppose I should expect nothing less. Every "yearly" rendition will milk as much potential sales as they can. Quality be damned)

Perhaps we'll need to wait for E3, but I'm extremely curious about a possible second AC release. For consoles? An AC4 add-on / extension? (They did say there's about 7 years of Edwards career untouched).

Thank god. I got so sick of the whole "yarr yarr im a pirate" thing in black flag. It was a good game don't get me wrong, but there was just WAYYYY too many ship missions.

Also, are these coming for pc aswell? You only mentioned the consoles.
    The ship missions/combat were easily the best part of AC4. The hand-to-hand combat needs to be massively revamped and it would be nice if you could somehow make meaningful choices in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

The ship missions/combat were easily the best part of AC4. The hand-to-hand combat needs to be massively revamped and it would be nice if you could somehow make meaningful choices in the game.
    I do agree the ship combat/handling was very well done, but i got bored of it after the first 2-3 hours tbh. I've always liked the "infiltrate X place and assassinate X person" missions more, which is why AC2 is my favourite game of the series.

I do agree the ship combat/handling was very well done, but i got bored of it after the first 2-3 hours tbh. I've always liked the "infiltrate X place and assassinate X person" missions more, which is why AC2 is my favourite game of the series.
    I like that part of it too. The combat itself is just so shallow though that the ship battles and upgrading your ship was actually more entertaining than any person to person combat in the game.

edit - also, almost all the sneak missions in AC4 were timed follow/eavesdrop missions, which bug the crap out of me. Just give me a target and let me go to it, not this 'do this the exact way and take this exact route or you fail'.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2014-03-20 at 05:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account

edit - also, almost all the sneak missions in AC4 were timed follow/eavesdrop missions, which bug the crap out of me. Just give me a target and let me go to it, not this 'do this the exact way and take this exact route or you fail'.
    This. So much, this. Eavesdrops especially are unnecessarily annoying. One really viable route. Otherwise, you fail. Ugh.

Seems kind of similar to the AC2 era games. Though I guess it depends on the time period.

I've always wondered if they'll ever do a modern or near-modern era one. Victorian maybe? WW1 or WW2 era?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well, I hope these are coming to PC or consider me not giving a fuck.
    Horrible memories of my buggy as fuck PC port of AC2.

*shudder*

- - - Updated - - -

I dont really know. My knowledge in history may be bad, but i dont really remember anything "worthwhile" happening in France during the last 500 years or so, if you dont count ww2 ofc.
    French Revolution? The Enlightenment? You know, the chain of events that created the entire modern world and pulled humanity out of the Middle Ages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.