10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Possible deterence for future gun nutters?

Instead of showing what the killer looked like before he went on a rampage, we instead show them dead with bullets thru them and covered in blood after the cops shot them dead. Would that maybe stop a future gun massacre, maybe make them think twice about their actions?

I don't know. Just throwing out the idea. Probably dumb idea.

how can the image of a dead body stop someone that already has murderous intentions in his head? doing that would make them think they will "simply" die without paying for the crime..

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure most "mass shooters" go in planning to die, or expecting it already.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I don't know. If I was psycho I would probably think twice about seeing my possible face staring blankly into space all covered in gore instead of some photo of me before I was dead was plastered all over the news.

- - - Updated - - -

for example. All I can see is the virgin killer face when he is driving in his car. I'd rather have a picture of him dead as fuck instead of him all happy in some stupid sports car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Instead of showing what the killer looked like before he went on a rampage, we instead show them dead with bullets thru them and covered in blood after the cops shot them dead. Would that maybe stop a future gun massacre, maybe make them think twice about their actions?

I don't know. Just throwing out the idea. Probably dumb idea.
    Am I the only one who saw the topic name on the front page and thought this might be a thread about WoW hunters?
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Most criminals don't think they'll get caught. Some know they'll get caught, often because they plan on getting caught (e.g. suicide by cop, martyrdom, etc). But sure, there may be a few out there who might change their mind seeing a shot-up body.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Am I the only one who saw the topic name on the front page and thought this might be a thread about WoW hunters?
    my first thought before i assumed it was about reality, was that it could be possibly about hunters. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    My eye went to the phrase "gun nutter" and I expected some liberal diatribe.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Pictures of cancer ridden lungs have done nothing to stop people smoking.
    It won't do a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or just stop covering them. They're local events, let their local news cover them. If we stop giving them attention, many of those who only do it for attention or infamy won't do it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt there's anything we could do that would deter them. They are by definition crazy. We shouldn't expect much rational thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    My eye went to the phrase "gun nutter" and I expected some liberal diatribe.
    Oh god you're one of those retarded gun nuts he's talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Deleted
    Most people that go on a killing spree want to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Pictures of cancer ridden lungs have done nothing to stop people smoking.
    It won't do a thing.
    Smoking rates have been on a pretty steady decline for the last couple decades.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to talk about potential gun control concepts, is already a thread for that - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Control-Thread

Closed.