Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your reputation in WoW

Do you think it is worthwhile to be able to views someone's "reputation" in WoW. How I envision it works is like this, in 5 man dungeons you would have the option to "like" someone. You would use this because they were decent people inside this 5 man, they were polite, skilled whatever you liked about them.

You would have the option to right click their name and choose "like". You could only do this within 5 man dungeons. People might even get achievements for getting certain amounts of likes. You could not give "dislikes". Anyone could view the "likes" on anyone within WoW at any time.

Would this matter to anyone? What are the downsides or upsides to it?

Edit * - Besides achievements for amount of likes, you could possibly get a title and/or a special mount if you get a certain amount. Maybe at 25 likes you get a title, 100 likes you get a mount. 200 likes you get a better title and/or mount. Etc etc

Deleted
    Sounds like you want something for nothing, the rewards for completing the dungeon successfully are enough for me and I am always polite anyway, I say hello and thank them all afterwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    i like the like part. i dislike the no dislike part.

i know in today's world it's taboo to criticize anyone for anything, but that doesn't mean it's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 999/1000 Exalted with myself.

0/36000 Hated with everyone else.

There sums up the majority of WoW players :P

I think that would cause a lot of issues. People could be able to abuse it and pay people to 'like' them for example. Or people would judge about someone by just looking at their 'likes', for example; ''Lol, you only have 5 likes, you must be a bastard.''

Being social/friendly/normal has to come by nature in my opinion, people shouldn't have to get paid (or earn achievements in this case) in order to turn friendly.

Remove LFG and suddenly your WoW reputation, as tracked by people not by an artificial system is suddenly relevant again. This is how things used to work =)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind a system that rewards the people that actully try and assist new players or are just plain fun to play with. The reward being 10-50 Achivment points which we all know are just like drugs sometimes

The upside would be IF people used it enough that other people or (elitists, jerks etc) would have to start to think about theyre actions since if the toon / account has no "likes" its useally a bad thing.

The down side is which this would most likly do is nothing, people tend to ignore things that dont reward unqiue items like CM in MoP which was grately ignored by majority until it was said to be MoP only items and WoD would bring new items to the achivments or new achivments with new rewards completely. That being said it would be a fair amount of wasted development time on something few % would use.

Thats just my 2cents on this but the idea in its self is intresting

I kind of like the idea.

I understand the reasoning behind "no dislike feature" here. It wouldn't be reliable. You'd get "dislikes" that you didn't deserve because you'd group with asshats who just dislike everyone or do "YOU DIDN'T PUT OUT ________ DPS SO I WILL DISLIKE. HERP DERP" stuff.

I don't care much for the idea of using it for achievements or rewards though. Just a simple system where you can inspect people and see how many "likes" they have would work. Course, I'm not a developer, so I have no clue how much difficulty or work that'd be to implement. If it's one of those "you get the like feature or a new raid, pick one" things, I'd turn it down.

Deleted
    Probably won't work. In league of legends for example, you can rate someone a positive of different things, good teamwork, leadership, honorable opponent, etc. an each one has a different ribbon reward that shows on your portrait. When the system was first introduced every single person got a ribbon, because people were just spamming these shiny new like buttons. Now it's been out for a few years, pretty much no one at all (well, very few people, usually recently levelled accounts) have the ribbon, because most max levels just ignore it. Kind of a pointless system really because people will just ignore it if they don't get a reward for clicking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I kind of like the idea.

I understand the reasoning behind "no dislike feature" here. It wouldn't be reliable. You'd get "dislikes" that you didn't deserve because you'd group with asshats who just dislike everyone or do "YOU DIDN'T PUT OUT ________ DPS SO I WILL DISLIKE. HERP DERP" stuff.
    That is exactly it, people love giving out "dislikes" for petty reason but they tend to give likes for a better reason. I think this could improve interactions with people a little more within WoW, acting like a decent person rewards you.

- - - Updated - - -

aAnd remember, you can only get "likes" in 5 man dungeons and you can only give 1 like to a person once, can't spam them. yes you would give it to your friends and that would be normal, but only in a 5 man and only able to do so once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    i like the like part. i dislike the no dislike part.

i know in today's world it's taboo to criticize anyone for anything, but that doesn't mean it's right.
    It's not so much that, it's just that people can't be trusted not to be dicks.

What's that, you rolled need on an item I need? Dislike.
    What's that, you aren't keeping up with me and the rest of my guild friends in this group? Dislike, Dislike, Dislike.

DS LFR loot taught us a lot about the type of people who play this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pointless. If you could not view dislikes, your reputation would only ever go up.

Getting a good reputation would mostly depend on amount of time played.. not to mention you'd get players every single LFR/BG/5-man begging for likes, and people buying likes for gold.

Horribly exploitable. Not very useful. That said, a system to reward good behavior would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Sounds pointless. If you could not view dislikes, your reputation would only ever go up.

Getting a good reputation would mostly depend on amount of time played.. not to mention you'd get players every single LFR/BG/5-man begging for likes, and people buying likes for gold.

Horribly exploitable. Not very useful. That said, a system to reward good behavior would be really nice.
    You would not get people buying likes for gold, after the 10th time getting ripped off that would stop in a hurry. No LFRs, no BGs, as said in orginal post, only 5 man dungeons. Assholes will not get likes, just wont happen, maybe from a friend or two. I do not think it would be "horribly" exploitable, a little bit of an over-reaction there amigo but you never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    A lot of people hate me in game.. And i don't really cares honestly.

Cause : Guild backstage politic, hypocrisy, betrayal. People who what to be on the top of the food chains. Ex-gf
    Which really has fuck-all to do with 5 mans.

As people have mentioned players probably won't do it, and it would be to open to abuse. However considering how automated the queuing system is, I am sure some metrics could be recorded.

I am thinking something like an mmr system, +rep for completing the dungeon/raid through the finder. -rep if you bail / get kicked. Unfortunately don't know how useful this data would be, you could use it to match people of similar reps into groups, maybe only have a few brackets to avoid huge queues as a penalty for actually being good!

Something that not necessarily rewards you for not being a douche, but penalizes you if you are would be great. I dont think it going to happen anytime soon though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    You would not get people buying likes for gold, after the 10th time getting ripped off that would stop in a hurry. No LFRs, no BGs, as said in orginal post, only 5 man dungeons. Assholes will not get likes, just wont happen, maybe from a friend or two. I do not think it would be "horribly" exploitable, a little bit of an over-reaction there amigo but you never know.
    Why would they be ripped off? Giving likes costs you nothing, of course people would sell it for gold. works for everything else in this game, and likes would take less effort to sell, and be needed for pets and achievements, which people pay tons of gold for. People are ripped off all the time when buying other stuff, that market is still thriving after 9 years.

Sorry, didn't think you only meant 5-mans. I assumed something like this wouldn't only be restricted to a very small part of the game that spends 90% of an expansion being out-dated.
    This would never, ever be useful if it was restricted to 5-mans. If any place needs this, it's LFR or random BGs, and it would have to follow your character, to any part of the game.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-03-21 at 02:44 PM.

My Goblin Hunter is a lady killer. Smooth McGreen.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    It's not so much that, it's just that people can't be trusted not to be dicks.

What's that, you rolled need on an item I need? Dislike.
    What's that, you aren't keeping up with me and the rest of my guild friends in this group? Dislike, Dislike, Dislike.

DS LFR loot taught us a lot about the type of people who play this game.
    the way i see it, it would eventually show a true image of the type of person you are. if you have 2457 likes and 341 dislikes, it's a safe bet you're not too bad. if you have 6331 dislikes and 134 likes, pretty sure you're immediately going on my ignore list. i think the majority of wow players are decent. the douchebags seem more prevalent because they are far more vocal; and this system would really help in being able to weed them out immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats to stop anyone from disliking you for the sake of it?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible idea. I like being a jerk to everyone at random and lifegrip people into stuff in LFR and laugh about it. It's the only reason I do LFRs and it's amazingly fun for 20 minutes every so often.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    whats to stop anyone from disliking you for the sake of it?

like i said before, the majority of players aren't douches.