Poll: Who do you like more out of these 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You know its actually malfurion's fault that we have(,well had !) the scoourge in wow. Illidan could stop nerzul, arthas and everything about the scourge if malfurion, mindlessly didn stop his ritual with the eye of sargras. So my coin on illidan.
    green is the color!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Is there even any choises here?
    Illidan ofc, he is just pure awesomeness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I dislike those who think they know what's best for individuals more than said individuals then goes a step further and forcibly imposes their will upon everyone else. Malfurion is a special type of twerp in respect to this. He could've detonated Archimonde at any time with those wisps, but he elected to wait til Nordrassil could be destroyed as collateral, screwing Night Elves out of their immortality so he could impose his personal bullshit upon an entire race he's been disconnected from for thousands of years. Malfurion always disliked immortality; he should've just offed himself. Illidan did everything for himself, but he made no qualms about being a selfish prick. That alone puts him above Malfurion, who reminds me of a tyrannical politician playing god with the lives of commoners.
    Actually these wisps are the energy the night elves took from the tree to sustain themselves, literally their immortality. They dfid not exist prior to malfurion gathering them so he couldn't have blown them up anytime, that was the point to stall the legion so enough energy could be harvested to destroy Archimonde.

OT

Malfurion is too flawless he is bland compared to Illidan, who was very selfish but acted more relatable than his twin brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Illidan, But I like Malfurion alittle more.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Illidan by a landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan, He gets shit done and fuck good guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    but Illidan is dead.
    Wrong he was so far gone into demon form he didn't die.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Illidan, cause everybody loves an anti hero

I like both, and most of all I like the relation they have to each other, but Illidan is the most interesting of the two. Malfurion has been downplayed a lot in the games, and only ever really shines in the books, so that's his problem.

Illidan is an anti-hero that didn't deserve to be killed, he will probably come back though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

If we're going to pick powerful Night Elves then why not choose the best? I'm going with Queen Azshara.

Malfurion is too boring.

He's in that category that he's so strong that they really can't write him into doing anything without making him look weak or him dominating everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    If we're going to pick powerful Night Elves then why not choose the best? I'm going with Queen Azshara.
    Azshara technically has never been a night elf

10+ Year Old Account
    For years we waited for Furion to be brought back from the Dream. When I saw him during the AQ scepter quest chain, I was euphoric.
    Whatever that thing they gave us in Cataclysm is, it's not the Furion I imagined. I can't connect to that model in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Azshara technically has never been a night elf
    esplain yourself!

Illidan, though mostly because of the Illidari. I don't particularly like either of them at this point as they're often ridiculously overrated. Malfurion is horrible, though - he stood idle whilst his people suffered at the hands of the Horde and constantly sought to pass his judgement off as the best possible route of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    esplain yourself!
    Unless i'm mistaken which I might be, wasn't she classified as a Highborne and they became Night Elves post shattering when they lost the Well of Eternity?

Deleted
    Malfurion. He's badass.

Illidan is just a powerhungry prick with an inferiority complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't get Malfurion's voice in Cataclysm. He doesn't sound much like WC3 Malfurion, nor does he sound anything like any other Night Elf I can remember hearing. All that aside, it kind of grated on me that after being anticipated for so long by a lot of players and finally coming back, he was barely visible during the expansion. I quite liked him before that, but I've always liked Illidan more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Unless i'm mistaken which I might be, wasn't she classified as a Highborne and they became Night Elves post shattering when they lost the Well of Eternity?
    'Night Elf' is a human-friendly term for 'Kaldorei' which means 'Children of the Stars'. All Highborne were Kaldorei, they were just of higher social standing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    I can't understand why people like Illidan so much. I mean, I could understand why Malfurion isn't so liked, but Illidan isn't such a great guy.

Illidan is the guy who, out of selfishness, doomed his race and ensured that the Legion would return by putting down a new Well of Eternity. He made this choice for all the kaldorei everywhere and for every other being in the world because he couldn't imagine living without a Well of Eternity. He's the guy who would kill his own people during the War of Eternity just to show how good he is with spells to a woman. Then, he got freed by Tyrande and did finally a good thing, he killed Trichondrus. He got casted away... and to show what a good guy he is he went on to destroy night elf fishing villages and kill everyone in them? This not counting that he met Kil'jaden and preety much joined him. He then wanted to kill the Lich King at the expense of half more of the world. He then did his only other good deed, he saved Tyrande. And he left to Outland and killed Maghteridon, but not because he wanted to fight the Legion, but rather because he wanted to escape Kil'jaden. He did not, so he had to return to Azeroth to try and get to Icecrown and destroy the Lich King the right way, something he should have tried from the start.
    He's the most selfish jerk there is, thinking only of himself. He was never good unless it suited him. He made decisions for others and killed others so he could impress the only person he cared about, Tyrande. He's the exact definition of an asshole if I saw one. And this is ignoring the BC lore, which some people did not like, although if I put that too, Illidan was just a tyrant that replaced another tyrant.

On the other hand, there's Malfurion. He went to learn druidism, and then fought the Legion for his loved ones and people. He then voluntarily went to sleep in the Emerald Dream to learn how to fight the Legion because his stupid brother was too selfish to understand that the reign of mages had ended. He was then awakened into a world he could not really recognize, in the wake of the return of the Legion. His mate was somehow different. He voiced his opinion on his different world, although it was not accepted. He then devised a plan to save the world, but it would take time and since Archimode was already at the World Tree, it would also take the night elves's immortality. It worked. He also made a mistake, when he shunned his brother after the first good thing his brother had done.. But then he found out that his brother was doing some bad stuff that would almost destroy the world, so he went to stop him then save Tyrande. He then left him go. And then he sensed that something was bad in the Emerald Dream so went back in and got trapped because of another selfish guy who also made decisions for all the night elves and planted a bad world tree.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2014-03-23 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    I like Malfurion more because Illidan is the reason for all those "Demon Hunter's gonna be next hero class!!!!1" threads. J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I can't understand why people like Illidan so much. I mean, I could understand why Malfurion isn't so liked, but Illidan isn't such a great guy.

Illidan is the guy who, out of selfishness, doomed his race and ensured that the Legion would return by putting down a new Well of Eternity. He made this choice for all the kaldorei everywhere and for every other being in the world because he couldn't imagine living without a Well of Eternity.
    The creation of the second well of eternity is not a bad thing though, it led to the creation of the world tree and because of that the night elves received immortality in the first place. The well contains an incredible amount of power that could easily be used to defend the world, similar how the sunwell was used.

The burning legion would have returned regardless, but without the well and as a consequence the world tree, Azeroth would not have survived another legion invasion. It was the power of Nordrassil, which drains its strength from the new well, that stopped the legion.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2014-03-23 at 03:12 PM.