Came back, have no clue where to continue

Hi, I recently came back and I have no idea where to start gearing up, I've done Oricon quests for gear so I have some sort of "decent" gear (at least I think I do), but some parts of my gear are green/blue. Here's my current gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-583592f81475

I've been into SWTOR from the very beginning, on and off few times but never so long that I could catch up current tier seriously. Now I'm determined to stay with this game and I'd like to bring my character to the best state possible.

Thank you for any constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiffin View Post
    Hi, I recently came back and I have no idea where to start gearing up,

SNIP...
    Since you have done the Oricon quests and gotten some purple 66 gear. You can also go back and do Makeb. There is some decent gear there as well through the questing that might fill in some holes you in your setup. That is not really need if you don't want it. Just an option.

If you don't want to buy anything from the GTN (like ear pieces or implants) you can:

1 - Do your Dailies to get Basic Comms to buy gear. (very easy to get decent relics this way)
    1a - You can also do a little PVP and get some very good relics. Even with expertise on them they are really good.
    2 - Do 55 SM FP's (though you might not need to for gear you would at least learn the fight before HM)
    3 - Do 55 HM FP's
    4 - Do SM Ops
    5 - Do HM Ops (if you can)

Anytime - Do the Dailies/Weeklies for Elite and Ultimate Comms to get better gear (level 72 and 78)

I think thats about it.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-26 at 12:46 PM.

If you're already familiar with Oricon you haven't missed anything. You can push your gear by doing dailies and weeklies faithfully(although the comm gear is horibly optimized, you need to mix and match multiple pieces to match the mods and enhancements constructively) or raiding. It's kind of worth doing, but with a level cap raise/expansion on the horizon if you're not into raiding actively within the nexxt month it might not be worth your gametime to focus on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    If you're already familiar with Oricon you haven't missed anything. You can push your gear by doing dailies and weeklies faithfully(although the comm gear is horibly optimized, you need to mix and match multiple pieces to match the mods and enhancements constructively) or raiding. It's kind of worth doing, but with a level cap raise/expansion on the horizon if you're not into raiding actively within the nexxt month it might not be worth your gametime to focus on gear.
    I had heard of the level increase but I was under the impression that was going to happen much later this year. Like September or later.

I know they said we would hear about the level increase but the implementation of it I don't think is anywhere near "soon".

Did you get a different impression?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I had heard of the level increase but I was under the impression that was going to happen much later this year. Like September or later.

I know they said we would hear about the level increase but the implementation of it I don't think is anywhere near "soon".

The expac is slated for August, so it's "soon" in terms of raiding to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

I mentioned it more in the sense that according to the roadmap there's no new content requiring serious gear(and nightmare modes of Dread raids aren't "new content") between now and the level cap later this year. If you've been to Oricon, you've essentially done it all short of tactical content where gear doesn't matter.