Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What don't make since why haven't they moved the book release date up till fall yet

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And nothing suggested the beta wouldn't be out by February, either. Or that the release date would be coined with "this fall" on it. December is completely believable at this point and it's time to just accept it. Those people back at Blizzcon to February saying "December release" and all of us, rightfully, calling them "talking bullshit" when suggesting it have 180'd.
    I don't see any evidence supporting December release here.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Absolutely nothing suggests this to be true
    With the exception of BC, all expansions and Vanilla have released between late Nov and early Dec.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    With the exception of BC, all expansions and Vanilla have released between late Nov and early Dec.
    Bc and mop both launched away nov dec

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    MoP was in September.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    Many believed that WoD beta would come out this march but as it looks now I dont think so.
    We have got no notices for beta and barely any news of WoD at all.
    This can mean the WoD is not as close as we think.
    I would guess on late summer?
    I'm pretty sure most predictions don't come true.

I for one am just waiting for it to come. In the mean time, I'll be leveling alts, gearing toons, and gathering up gold, tmog stuff, and maybe RP on the side a little.

Not to mention my husband and I will be trying out ESO soon. It looked amusing enough to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    This beta cycle is probably going to be shorter especially if they want to release soon.

I see WoD in maybe in October

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helmaroc View Post
    This beta cycle is probably going to be shorter especially if they want to release soon.
    They said in a blue post they want get it out as earlier in fall as possible

Aaa title take 2 to 3 years to make not sure on expansion

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And nothing suggested the beta wouldn't be out by February, either. Or that the release date would be coined with "this fall" on it. December is completely believable at this point and it's time to just accept it. Those people back at Blizzcon to February saying "December release" and all of us, rightfully, calling them "talking bullshit" when suggesting it have 180'd.
    We're in march. It's far too early to resign to december. I'm thinking september right now (my original guess was may/june back in november)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We're in march. It's far too early to resign to december. I'm thinking september right now (my original guess was may/june back in november)
    I thought June to but after they said fall I think first or second Tuesday of October. We have destiny launch in sept 9 so I see oct for WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    if less people would keep paying subs during the "dead season", we'd get Betas quicker and expansions too. It's very simple business logic. They don't need to give you NEW stuff to keep you lot entertained, as you're happy chewing on yesterday's sandwich.
    This is what I keep repeating as well, but none listens.

-4m subs = instant beta and expansion in 2 months

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post

Yeah, let's all unsub so they can deliver a rushed, half-assed expansion. Meanwhile we can't even play the current one. Because fuck logic!

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Here's my theory: Beta will (probably, maybe more than unlikely) start "soon". Why?

Two Blizzard games are now out of Beta: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, and Hearthstone. From there, Blizzard can shift their focuses to get the beta servers ready and.. well, you know the rest.

Surely this theory is quite wrong and lacking, but it's a place to start speculation. /shrug
    I'll just leave this right here as well. It's a good enough theory to 'kind of' believe, but eh. I'll say around mid-April for Beta. I imagine they could do some sort of 'right after PAX East' type of ordeal (Since they're going to be there this year, but not technically announcing stuff), but I doubt that. So yeah, mid-April.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Yeah, let's all unsub so they can deliver a rushed, half-assed expansion. Meanwhile we can't even play the current one. Because fuck logic!
    Ever consider for a moment some players don't care about playing right now because there's nothing they want to do in game, and are just waiting for WoD. It's completely logical even if it doesn't suit YOU.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Ever consider for a moment some players don't care about playing right now because there's nothing they want to do in game, and are just waiting for WoD. It's completely logical even if it doesn't suit YOU.
    What makes you think that people who don't want to play have not canceled their subs already?

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post

If that's how it works, then how come it didn't at all since the drop from 12 mil to 7 mil?

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What makes you think that people who don't want to play have not canceled their subs already?
    Because I have a few months left on mine, and more importantly the person you quoted was talking about other people - never mentioned themselves. For people with disposable income it's very easy to just "leave" it running and not log in as well, but if you want to force a response from blizzard logically telling these people to unsub would work.

@Jester Joe maybe you didn't notice everyones paying more for the expansion this time around.

It's not logical. The only logical thing about this is the fact if you force them in to releasing in 2 months via a boycott, the expansion will be half finished and no one wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    It's not logical. The only logical thing about this is the fact if you force them in to releasing in 2 months via a boycott, the expansion will be half finished and no one wins.
    They win, if they want to play the expansion. I consider playing the beta as new content personally so "half finished" is no problem to me and a lot of others.