Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Jesus we're arguing over if the draenei should have fur? They're not goat people. They're holy demons.
    demons have fur

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I didn't know fur was goat only quality. And they definately need some fur!
    Having no fur on their entire body and then just random fur above the hooves looks odd.

The goat thing is annoying as they are not at all anthropomorphic goats. Are they based on Satyrs, it certainly seems likely that their inspiration stems from there either directly or via Satan's frequent portrayal as Satyr-like, something done to destroy the old Roman and Greek religion.

Draenei, however, are significantly modified from the Satyr/Satan pattern. While they have horns/headplates (female/male), hooves and tails they do not actually have goat legs in shape or fur, or a goat's tail. The males are large and strong and the females are tall and sleek, something not seen in Satyr portrayals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    demons have fur
    Some demons have fur. Some don't. They're DEMONS, they don't utilize any sort of natural or biological system for determining their appearance.

The draenei are aliens. There is no reason that they should have fur, even if they're mammals. Do they have fur around the hooves? Maybe. Could just be really grainy textures. I don't really give a shit, but they sure as hell don't have fur coats like a cow because they are NOT humanized animals.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Some demons have fur. Some don't. They're DEMONS, they don't utilize any sort of natural or biological system for determining their appearance.

The draenei are aliens. There is no reason that they should have fur, even if they're mammals. Do they have fur around the hooves? Maybe. Could just be really grainy textures. I don't really give a shit, but they sure as hell don't have fur coats like a cow because they are NOT humanized animals.
    lorewise, trolls have fur. the draenei don't seem to have any less fur than trolls on the rest of their bodies lol

trolls are also not humanized animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    lorewise, trolls have fur. the draenei don't seem to have any less fur than trolls on the rest of their bodies lol

Lorewise draenei do not have fur, at least not beyond the area around the hooves.

So, if we're going by the lore and not some makebelieve that people keep investing in this thread of what the draenei really look like, the draenei don't have fur anywhere beyond around the hooves.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Lorewise draenei do not have fur, at least not beyond the area around the hooves.

So, if we're going by the lore and not some makebelieve that people keep investing in this thread of what the draenei really look like, the draenei don't have fur anywhere beyond around the hooves.
    I think most people agree that they're not all furry like the tauren, at least that's my impression. Just that it looks better with som fur where the hoof meets the skin, like they already have!

havent red those things in awhile but i think certain tribes have different stuff cowering their skin, sand - hair, forest - moss etc. not sure about the specifics

Lorewise draenei don't have fur though. The only thing that might be fur is that tiny bit by the hooves in the old model. And really, it'd be weird for them to be completely hairless from the neck down and then suddenly have hair on the hooves. What are they? Hobbits?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Lorewise draenei don't have fur though. The only thing that might be fur is that tiny bit by the hooves in the old model. And really, it'd be weird for them to be completely hairless from the neck down and then suddenly have hair on the hooves. What are they? Hobbits?
    Well I know quite a few people with almost no hair on their body but then they have a random spot on their head full of long hair! Absurd

This action figure very clearly have fur on her hooves. Looks good I think! What exactly is so bad about it?

I think the Female Draenei look perfect, some people are really attached to them for aesthetic purposes and any changes would have been met by mass amounts of hostility. They just took the existing Draenei, and updated them. That's all they set out to accomplish in the first place.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Current model using the default standing and the default T pose. Same angle.

Her boobs are the same size. It's the pose.
    Aye, once the new skins get rigged to a working skeleton, it will definitely ease some concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratsion View Post
    When blizz posted the draenei april fools, someone photoshopped the "derpy" draenei into something that looked awesome.
    Wouldn't mind if my draenei looked like this:

This is amazing!
    No chance I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    And really, it'd be weird for them to be completely hairless from the neck down and then suddenly have hair on the hooves. What are they? Hobbits?
    Only reason why they gave them ankle hair is to obscure the transition from skin to hoof, making it easier for them to design.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only reason why they gave them ankle hair is to obscure the transition from skin to hoof, making it easier for them to design.

Yeah. I'd actually prefer it because it makes that transition looks a lot smoother. The thing that -truly- bugged me in the Draenei female ArtCraft is the transition from skin to hoof. It just looked so.. I dunno..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    Well I know quite a few people with almost no hair on their body but then they have a random spot on their head full of long hair! Absurd

This action figure very clearly have fur on her hooves. Looks good I think! What exactly is so bad about it?

It doesn't look bad at all. It looks very good to me, really. It eases up some of the transition. Makes it flow a bit more naturally than just "LINE OF SKIN AND START OF HOOF."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think the Female Draenei look perfect, some people are really attached to them for aesthetic purposes and any changes would have been met by mass amounts of hostility. They just took the existing Draenei, and updated them. That's all they set out to accomplish in the first place.

I don't know, Shoc. I like it, but I hope to see some extra options after release. If they get the sameface fix working, and we can get pretty radically different faces, I hope to see a face similar to the one in the art you've probably seen quite a few times. The one from Wei.

I also hope to get horns similar to those.

And I really feel that, even if they'll do it later, most races need at least one extra customization option. And that's not asking for much, imo, given all the sliders in many MMOs that work with less. Draenei should get a customization option that changes their tail look, length, adornments, etc. I want a long, prehensile tail for my Draenei Paladin. Not a small, floppy, useless .. thing.. that just sits there. Some people might love it. I don't. I prefer long Draenei tails. Just look at Velen. His tail adds to his cool design. Whereas his ingame model has a longer tail than the normal Draenei female one (all males do), but nowhere near the one he has in the art. That one looks great, and seeing Draenei animated with long, flowing tails is something I would like to see.

Not that I don't want others to have the Draenei we saw in the Artcraft. I just want extra options to look more.. towards the Eredar side, rather than the humanoid space-babe side. More exotic, sharp, while still remaining feminine. That, for me, says alien. And no, people don't have to share my view on this, but I just think the current Draenei female looks like a Blood Elf cosplaying what an actual Draenei female should be like. That's just me. People can play the Draenei they always have, but I just want some extra option to make my characters look more like the Wei artpiece Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's barely noticeable on the current in game model though. It's just a few jagged, skin colored lines. It almost looks like the skin above their hooves is all shredded.

It looks more like bad texturing than actual hair to me. Unless the carpet doesn't match the drapes on every draenei or something.