Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there trying to make it like the dark knight, but TMNT also has elements of fun. How do you strike a balance between fun and gritty darkness?
    the original turtle movie managed it. There was alot of cursing in that movie actually from what I remember. Alot of parents complained especially with the turtles using their weapons on people (I know stupid isnt it) So when the second movie came around (still a good movie in my opinion as well), you saw the turtles use inanimate objects instead of the weapons on people and the language was toned down.

So if they keep the tone like the 1990 turtle movie then I am happy.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The original live action movie from 1990 was amazing, one of my favorite childhood movies. I kinda liked the dark and gritty tone, kinda asad they stepped away from it and the 2 sequels weren't close as good. Back then they hyped the ''Super Shredder'' thing in the second movie, which turned out to be a great dissapointment. The whole movie is actually on youtube:

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The original live action movie from 1990 was amazing, one of my favorite childhood movies.
    I watched that movie and ate cheese pizza almost religiously about once a month. This incarnation is a disgrace to my childhood. Next thing you know Uwe Boll will be directing a Thundercats live action movie somehow.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I watched that movie and ate cheese pizza almost religiously about once a month. This incarnation is a disgrace to my childhood. Next thing you know Uwe Boll will be directing a Thundercats live action movie somehow.
    Dude

Do you want a deathwish? :-P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dude
    If something as horrible as Bay doing this already exists, we might as well realize what a terrible world we live in.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite how much I was worried about this movie I was still hopeful that they might surprise us with a really cool TMNT movie. After seeing this trailer...lets just say I am disgusted. I'm pretty sure most of us can agree that their faces look ugly and creepy as fuck. First of all they don't even look like turtles they just look like mutated humans, might as well just call this Teenage Mutant Ninja's. And Shredder....ugh. This was just a terrible, terrible casting choice. I like the actor but he is NOT Shredder, not even close. I don't really mind Megan Fox as April Oneil but I really hate how they have to have her using a cell phone to capture video of the "turtles" like trying to modernize the TMNT name or something, it's really irritating. Nowhere in the trailer did I see Master Splinter which kills the movie even more but I see someone provided an IMDB link and I see that he is actually in it so I'll have to see another trailer to see how Splinter turns out. Maybe that'll be one thing they did right. Then the Foot Clan are apparently using guns!?! No, what in the flying fuck were you thinking Michael Bay? Also I didn't even see Casey Jones in the casting list so I guess he's not going to be in the movie which is another stupid thing about it.

I think Michael Bay needs to step away from childhood cartoons and just make his own original movies because so far all he's done was pretty much ruin childhood classics (Transformers and now TMNT) by changing things around that didn't need to be changed but he did it anyway just because he could. At least that's how I feel. I'll probably still want to see it just out of curiosity but it won't be until its out on DVD which won't be long after it's in theaters. I have a strong feeling that my opinion about this movie will have very little to no change at all even after watching it for myself but we'll see.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-04-03 at 11:15 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The original live action movie from 1990 was amazing, one of my favorite childhood movies. I kinda liked the dark and gritty tone, kinda asad they stepped away from it and the 2 sequels weren't close as good. Back then they hyped the ''Super Shredder'' thing in the second movie, which turned out to be a great dissapointment. The whole movie is actually on youtube:

So's the second one, I'm watching the first one now. I had forgotten how good it is.

I loved the first 3 TMNT movies back in the 90s. Absolute classics and unforgettable childhood memories. The third one was kinda weird with the whole time travel thing, but 8-year-old me loved it. I was all about TMNT for many years as a kid.

I'll give the new one a chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm just going to pretend that it's some random action movie completely unrelated to TMNT and see if I can enjoy it that way. It sounds like this is going to be a "reboot" that butchers things. At least Megan Fox is mad hot, but from what I can see, that's about all the new movie has going for it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-04-04 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    At least Megan Fox is really hot
    Ew. I think even having that opinion can give you STDs.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ew. I think even having that opinion can give you STDs.
    /shrug. To each his own, but she's always done something for me. And, to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't given me any strange diseases so far. xD
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-04-04 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    /shrug. To each his own, but she's always done something for me. And, to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't given me any strange diseases so far. xD
    She looked great in Two and a Half Men and Transformers I. But post surgery? No no.

I'm not usually one for "Hollywood sexy" but Megan Fox in Transformers definitely worked for me. I also thought (given the inherent limitations of a film about robots hitting each other) her character had a decent amount of development. I knew a bit about her life, why she was with Sam and she did things that were relevant to the plot; which is all I expect of any humans in a Transformers scenario (except Sam's parents, they were awesome and hilarious). It was definitely better than the shoe-horned love interest in Revenge of the Fallen who was clearly just there because boobs, which was particularly annoying given Michael Bay's jarring way of interrupting the robots for a lingering look at a pretty lady in an unlikely position.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop remaking movies hollywood, use ur brains to come up with new ideas! Yes i am mad!

- - - Updated - - -

wtf, Secret of the Ooze was amazing....NInja, Ninja Rap!!
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2014-04-05 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there trying to make it like the dark knight, but TMNT also has elements of fun. How do you strike a balance between fun and gritty darkness?
    just take a look at the last two cartoon series.

both retain elements of the gritty original comic while still maintaining the fun and goofy side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Stop remaking movies hollywood, use ur brains to come up with new ideas! Yes i am mad!
    the original ninja turtles movie was an adaption of a tv show that was an adaption of a comic book that was a spoof of comic books like daredevil.

so, the turtle movie wasnt exactly original in the first place.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just take a look at the last two cartoon series.

both retain elements of the gritty original comic while still maintaining the fun and goofy side

- - - Updated - - -

the original ninja turtles movie was an adaption of a tv show that was an adaption of a comic book that was a spoof of comic books like daredevil.

so, the turtle movie wasnt exactly original in the first place.
    yes it was, it was the original movie...and it was amazing, so they need to just let it be. If kids nowadays want to watch a ninja turtle movie they can easily watch the original on netflix or hulu or something and be genuinely entertained for the entire 90mins...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it isnt a remake of a movie.

ninja turtles was a gritty dark comic book that was original written as a parody of books like daredevil

then they toned everything down and turned it into a childrens cartoon

then it was an okay couple of movies

then it was a super shitty live action show with a female 5th turtle

then it was a cartoon again with the 2000's tmnt show that lasted a really long time and was pretty good until it started getting pretty shitty.

then it was a cartoon movie that was okay

then nickelodeon bought ninja turtles and now we have the new 2012 cartoon which is great and this movie which will probably be.. not so great
    you're like the 3rd person that has said this, but in actuality it is a remake. It is the same exact scenario as the original move that came out in the 90s. We arent talking about a cartoon or a comic book, we are talking about the original tmnt movie that came out in the 90s where the turtles first meet april o'neil and the shredder(except this shredder is a white guy). Anyhow I think the movie is going to be shit.

I wasn't that upset by the trailer or the look of the turtles, so I'm gonna go into the film with an open mind.

slightly off topic, but somebody mentioned Nick's TMNT series. I've not seen any episodes of it, is it actually worth watching?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I wasn't that upset by the trailer or the look of the turtles, so I'm gonna go into the film with an open mind.

slightly off topic, but somebody mentioned Nick's TMNT series. I've not seen any episodes of it, is it actually worth watching?
    At first, I thought it was going to be pretty shitty, like the 2003 series. But, it is actually pretty well done. It's a really good show, although some of the things they changed for the show can take a bit to get used to (such as April being a teenager as well, same with Casey, and a couple other things). It took me a few episodes to get used to Prince Zuko from Avatar/Rufio from the old Hook movie, as the voice of Michaelangelo. If you watched the old 80s cartoon, Donatello's voice will sound familiar.

Overall, I would recommend it for TMNT fans. It's one of the very few decent cartoons on tv. And it being Nickelodeon doesn't detract from its awesomeness.

Oh boo-hoo, this movie doesn't look appealing to you as an adult? Well guess who this movie is more meant for...yes, for kids. An 8 year old kid will think this movie is amazing, it's not meant to be something for 30-somethings to relieve their childhood. Of course as a 34yr old I think the movie looks terrible and I don't like how the turtles look very much, so it's a good thing Michael Bay and the writers weren't gearing this movie for someone like me.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    yes it was, it was the original movie...and it was amazing, so they need to just let it be. If kids nowadays want to watch a ninja turtle movie they can easily watch the original on netflix or hulu or something and be genuinely entertained for the entire 90mins...
    Of you could just let the kids of today enjoy the movie made for them. The old movie is still there for you to enjoy. When the new movie is released they are not going to magically delete all the copies of the old movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Oh boo-hoo, this movie doesn't look appealing to you as an adult? Well guess who this movie is more meant for...yes, for kids.
    You know...I don't think this is a fair comment, and would be especially foolish if the movie really WAS intended "Just for children. no adults they must LEAVE!" (I guess maybe you think the Kids Next Door are making this movie? Lol) .

TMNT is a long standing franchise that is well known to have many adult fans, it'd be the height of foolishness to ignore those and just claim it was a film for kids. The smart money would be to go like the Lego Movie, where both adults and kids can enjoy it.

Anyway, having re-watched the trailer again earlier today, aside from the phrase "NICKELODEON" appearing at the start, I don't really see what's "KIDS ONLY ADULTS GO AWAY!" about it.
    Hell, it seems to play the concept fairly straight, the turtles look like warriors, not cartoon goofballs, like you'd see in a "What naughty kids we'll show those adults!" style cartoons you see sometimes (Like the earlier mentioned Kids Next Door).

It really seems a bit more like an action movie trailer than anything to me, much like a marvel movie. it'll prolly be PG enough so that it can be violent, but enough that most kids who wanna see it and thus end up wanting toys and such can see it.

BTW: @ Pachycrocuta: Your sig image is funny as hell, dude
    Last edited by Icaras; 2014-04-06 at 04:42 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom