10+ Year Old Account

DC during Rift = lost keystones and progress

f you disconnect, you're shit out of luck, the Rift closes and you have to do Bounties over again. This really sucks since it wastes your keystones. I hope Blizz does something about that. Maybe keep the Rift open for 5 or 10 minutes after disconnecting, if that's possible? If not, keep them open until you finish them.

Also, saving Bounty progress would be nice too.

I made a post about this but it got lost in the sea of new threads and I think it's a pretty big issue that needs to be addressed, no?
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12286838623

http://i.imgur.com/Qu1th2M.jpg

Look how close I was to finishing. If the mob density sucks (which it did) it can take a while, on top of the time it takes to finish all bounties. Makes it way more efficient just to do Act runs.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Only workaround I can think of for this is to make sure you always do them with a buddy. If you DC with them in the game you can rejoin and keep going.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    DC during Rift = lost keystones and progress
    DC in HC = lost character.

They don't help you with that, so why would they care you lost some farmable keystones and repeatable levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    DC in HC = lost character.

They don't help you with that, so why would they care you lost some farmable keystones and repeatable levels?
    Because hardcore is hardcore and dc'ing isn't a guaranteed lost character unless you're fighting a pack of hard-hitting mobs. How are they going to know you're telling the truth? People could just yank the cord to claim they disconnected and get their character back. They don't help you with that because that's part of the game. This is a completely different thing and seems overlooked.

It's like if quest progress or drops didn't save.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Curiously, today was the FIRST disconnection I had in almost 2 years of Diablo 3... No mob reactions, no longer mobs fighting etc ...

Luckily I was on my softcore character and it lasted around 20 seconds after the connection got back up and I was able to fight of the mobs again without dying.

It may have been my providor though.

But honestly it was the first hic up I had in connections in over 1100 hours played. I have much more DC's in WOW and in Hearhtstone. In HS it happened almost daily in beta. After launch it is better now in that card game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Curiously, today was the FIRST disconnection I had in almost 2 years of Diablo 3... No mob reactions, no longer mobs fighting etc ...

Luckily I was on my softcore character and it lasted around 20 seconds after the connection got back up and I was able to fight of the mobs again without dying.

It may have been my providor though.

But honestly it was the first hic up I had in connections in over 1100 hours played. I have much more DC's in WOW and in Hearhtstone. In HS it happened almost daily in beta. After launch it is better now in that card game.

Yeah, it happened to me 3 times last night, twice during the Rift and once midway through Bounties. After that I said screw it and went and farmed Act 1. Legendary on first farming run too. Disconnecting doesn't happen often normally, but you would think they would at least foresee something like that happening at least once especially after big changes and fucking you over and just fix it, unless of course for some reason it can't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that I get disconnected on loading screens that take too long. This never happened before 2.0 and it's happening fairly often. I also disconnect if I alt tab and spend too long tabbed out.

I finished up farming bounties and started a fresh nephalem rift. I clicked on it, let it load up and when it finished loading - You have been disconnected from the server. Quite a spectacular waste of my rift fragments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Because hardcore is hardcore and dc'ing isn't a guaranteed lost character unless you're fighting a pack of hard-hitting mobs. How are they going to know you're telling the truth? People could just yank the cord to claim they disconnected and get their character back.
    Well, couldn't people just kill the boss, yank the cord and claim they disconnected so they can run the levels again without having to collect the rift keystones?

And don't tell me getting the rift keystones isn't that hard. Clearly it's hard, because you're crying over it.

not like keystones are rare... I have 150 and ive done 30 full rifts already. Granted i've done 200 bounties alrdy, but they only take 10-15mins per act to complete on T1.

I don't think its any loss other than having to reclear to spawn the boss for blood shards tbh. and maybe that forgotten soul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    not like keystones are rare... I have 150 and ive done 30 full rifts already. Granted i've done 200 bounties alrdy, but they only take 10-15mins per act to complete on T1.

I don't think its any loss other than having to reclear to spawn the boss for blood shards tbh. and maybe that forgotten soul
    Just because it isn't a huge loss doesn't mean it's something they shouldn't fix. Besides it will be a much bigger setback when they release Tiered Rifts so they might as well fix it soon.

Welcome to my world. When my roommate is at home and we are both using the internet at the same time I D/C every 30 minutes without fail. I can only hope I manage to complete all bounties in an area before that.

Y i dislike that part of Diablo.. since i seem too be cursed with the "have too discover the whole map before i find my way" if i got DC the entire map goes undiscoverd again.. like i was never there so rly rly annoying

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz