Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausica View Post
    Tbh, the Throne of Thunder HC version of the paladin tier is cool, even the normal mode. But I have to disagree with you, vanilla brought imo the best sets, Tier 2, and the unobtainable Tier 3.
    Haha yeah. T2 after the re-work. Did you know how it looked when it was implemented the first time? Ughhhh.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    My problem with transmog is that many good items or even sets from quests only and you can't reset quests so you can't get this *some items*.

btw I love SWTOR anti-clown option - match color with chest.
    \
    God yes I wish they had a quest reset button or something. There is a special piece of loot that also drop from a raidboss but never drops - but is also 100% gettable from a quest. Yet I did the quest and sold the item in question because I did not realise that I might need it later on for transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klausica View Post
    Tbh, the Throne of Thunder HC version of the paladin tier is cool, even the normal mode. But I have to disagree with you, vanilla brought imo the best sets, Tier 2, and the unobtainable Tier 3.
    You don't need to disagree. You can just say that you prefer another set really. It is about taste.

I on the other hand prefer Paladin:
    (from most liked to less liked but still liked):
    Tier 6 (to me the set I hold the best memories to and feels the most paladin-like)
    Tier 9
    Tier 2
    Tier 3
    Tier 10
    Tier 11 (heroic), without the helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You mean the same as today? You should check that Transmogrification thread on mmochampion. Oh man. Some people MUST BE either trolling or colourblind. Sometimes I feel shame watching that thread. Luckily there are some gems outthere too.
    but at least they choose to look that way!

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    but at least they choose to look that way!
    That is true

No, with multiple difficulties, raid gear being obtainable with valor points, same sets but a different color and all that shit everyone was wearing exactly the same gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gillian is right, without transmog everyone is walking around in the same gear. In fact even back in bc most people were wearing the same gear, or gear that made them look like some kind of clown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I really reading that title... Out of all my years here it still amazes me what people can whine about.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    (snip)
    This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter as well. I think transmogrification is one of the best things Blizzard ever added to the game. I'd even like to see all restrictions on transmogging removed. There's nothing as bad as an awesome, badass looking dark set of gear, finished off with a pair of white boots because they are your BiS boots. Or just being stuck with......that set Sir Happy posted. Before transmogging, you just had to deal with it.

To answer OP's question: no, I have never felt that way. More customization is never a bad thing. In fact, I wouldn't mind to see even more customization (things like dye/paint options on your gear, etc). I would say ability to draw custom decals and such would be cool, but people would just abuse it to draw dicks all over their gear.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-03-28 at 01:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a small part of me does miss those days, but the transmogrification feature was implemented for the best. It can improve the look of our characters and role-players benefit from it as well. What I am against is legendary weapons being 'transmogable'. If you notice that someone is wielding it, they should actually have the item equipped. Because if this became a reality, you'd see thousands of players running around with Thunderfury or the Warglaives, which reduces their status.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    I KNEW IT!

I knew this thread would pop up some day!

fucking goddamn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Nope.
    Initially when I first started playing, it was kind of cool to see how far someone had progressed by the gear they were wearing and envy them their shiny purples. That wore off pretty quickly though, and ultimately the tier sets and PVP sets made it feel like everyone was wearing a uniform. Raiding pallies looked much the same, PVPing priests looked much the same and so on and so forth. That bugged me quite a lot, so Transmog was very welcome and fits more with the RPG element of the game, IMO.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I can finally wear my favorate set of gear again.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Hard for me to relate to some of the reasoning behind pre-transmog love. I literally can't think of a single time in this game that I felt envy toward another player. If they want to get the shiny raid and arena gear, good for them. I don't care.

That said, transmog is cool. I wish they would allow color shifting for gear, like SWTOR did, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    There was a reason I kept all my old gear the first time around. Some day, I knew Transmog would be added, and it's one of the few parts of the game where the overwhelming majority agree it was a good addition. I might miss the days of T6 where you could tell relative player power just by looking at someone, but I don't miss mismatched gear.
    I regret destroying my old HWlord weapons I got at the end of Vanilla (when they opened them up to all players). And I regret destroying my t1 and t2 full sets as I now cba to grind for them on my shaman.

Luckily I kept my t6 and wrath tier sets.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2014-03-28 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Some day, I knew Transmog would be added
    I wish I had gotten that memo
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a love/hate relationship with transmog. I absolutely would NOT take it away, but it's fun to remember a simpler time (wait a sec while I grab my cane). I ran around looking like a clown in TBC and absolutely hating it, but an upgrade was an upgrade and misery loved company and it was blatantly obvious that mine wasn't the only ridiculous looking character running around Shat. (LOL) Lots of people looked stupid, so it just was what it was. I roll with 11 characters in MoP. They're all transmogged. Some from head to toe, and some that are little used alts that have matching armor from TI but have a mogged weapon to match it. The downside to this is that when I get an upgrade that doesn't match I'm actually visually offended by it and drop everything to get to the transmog guy ASAP! I hate that it bothers me so much that I have to (my choice, I know -- but still) stop what I'm doing and go, but at the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way. It doesn't reflect my real life in the slightest, but in WoW I'm a slave to fashion.

Deleted
    I don't at all. But I am still surprised it was allowed in ranked pvp.

Nope. If people want to show off how much of a dedicated raider they are, they can. If someone with the same gear feels prouder about raiding Black Temple or Ulduar they can transmog to the appropriate set. If someone felt they had the most fun at lvl 40 in vanilla they can wear Shadoweave/Mithril/whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with transmog. I absolutely would NOT take it away, but it's fun to remember a simpler time (wait a sec while I grab my cane). I ran around looking like a clown in TBC and absolutely hating it, but an upgrade was an upgrade and misery loved company and it was blatantly obvious that mine wasn't the only ridiculous looking character running around Shat. (LOL) Lots of people looked stupid, so it just was what it was. I roll with 11 characters in MoP. They're all transmogged. Some from head to toe, and some that are little used alts that have matching armor from TI but have a mogged weapon to match it. The downside to this is that when I get an upgrade that doesn't match I'm actually visually offended by it and drop everything to get to the transmog guy ASAP! I hate that it bothers me so much that I have to (my choice, I know -- but still) stop what I'm doing and go, but at the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way. It doesn't reflect my real life in the slightest, but in WoW I'm a slave to fashion.
    I remember what it was like for a caster in Hellfire Penninsula - awesome purple vest, awesome purple shoulders, awesome black boots...hideous green trousers with awesome stats that last you for another 5 levels :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I miss the days before a completely optional system was added? No.

Item sets don't have dates on them. I can get the same T6 set as anyone who actually earned it at level, wear it, and stand next to them in Org to pretend I was just as good in BC as them. It'd be a blatant lie. And some sets/items are ungettable, so you can't transmog them unless you actually had them, so the epeen is still there.

As for judging the guy coming towards you in PvP (specifics like "no mace spec" aside), I'll admit, that does appear to be a side-effect, but I don't PvP so I can't really speak on the matter with authority. But if I may speak without authority, I personally have zero problem with someone disguising his power behind a Pretty Pretty Princess pink dress-up outfit, only to unleash OMGWTFBBQ and burst you down. In those rare occasions that I do PvP, I try to take all opponents seriously. That said: I can see how, in world PvP, you'd want to know if the guy coming at you had a full resil set on or not, so I'll grant you that point.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I don't at all. But I am still surprised it was allowed in ranked pvp.
    I didn't realise that to be good at PvP you needed to see other people's armour

On-topic: Transmog is one of the few things i have zero hate for in WoW.
    Hell just farming transmog gear extended my play-time in WoW by a couple of extra months.

To be honest once I completed the set I spent months trying to acquire from random boss drops I unsubbed because I realised I personally had nothing else to do.