Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I prefer random battlegrounds over rated battlegrounds, for the same reason I prefer dungeon finder and raid finder over traditional dungeons and raids. I like to do things on my own, whenever I want, with no reliance on guilds or groups. And I prefer any battlegrounds over the joke that is arena, though when skirmish makes its return, I may dabble in it again.

Personal preference: World PvP > Arena > Skirmishes (whey they were around) > Random BG > Rated BG

I enjoy doing random bgs mostly when I am drunk because that is the only time I do not get mad with my team mates not doing anything to win. I play with Shadow priest with almost full Prideful gear+ weapons and it is fun to go on 2 or even 3 low geared opponents and kill them all in a few seconds. Of course random is random and a lot of times you team up with bots and bad players and all you do is getting camped in a gy by a premade team or just better geared players. Shit happens...
    Rated bgs are very fun if you play in an organised group. Things that you are used to do in random bgs do not apply in rated. For example you can't kite people in rated cause no one is stupid enough to follow you away from a cap point. Everyone must follow the leader's orders and off course the leader should know very good what to do and when. Everyone doing what he likes in a rated, for example run away from a flag point to chase a half dead enemy for the killing blow, may cause the whole team to lose the bg.
    I do not play arenas because my Priest can't survive for long without a pro healer in 3s(not interested in 2s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Never been in a RBG so I suppose?

Deleted
    I guess normal BG's are just fun for some relaxing fun pvp. I still really like the idea of Blizzard introducing the RBG's, but haven't played one (yet, Im still trying to get full season 14 gemmed and enchanted first).
    For me the most fun pvp is worldpvp, but that kinda died out. I really hope it will become popular again in warlords of draenor

Deleted
    I like normal BGs
    But i`m PvP noob (yesi admit that) and just enter in to BG`s for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy normal bgs, have done ever since I farmed gm in vanilla.
    But I only ever queue them if im leveling, bored or gearing a new character.

I actually find normal bgs to be much more stressful than arenas or rbgs.
    This due to the occasional element of derps, bots and lack of healers.
    There is nothing so irritating as to die simply because some derp next to you decided to break your cc (just so he could have another hk).
    Or getting raped by shit players simply because they have at best 4 average healers and your team none.

It has its bright sides for me tho. Like getting jumped by 5-6 ppl and soloing them, carrying a whole bg team, outhealing your "healers" as a hunter, going survival and letting serpent spread outdamage all of the aliance and horde combined ect.
    Just dominating others, its fun! Despite the fact it lacks any sort of competitive element to it.
    Causing others harm makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! The longer the red text takes to release the happier I get ^^

It's hard to take RBGs seriously with the amount of rampant cheating. I only play them to cap conquest. other than that, RBGs are pointless. You arent going to get rank 1. Those spots are all filled with Win-trading, DDOSing "pros" who aren't punished or even reset most of the time.

Higher ranked WoW PvP is hard to take seriously as you will see firsthand if you get that high how much Que dodging/Sniping and win-trading goes on. It's sad, but the truth is Arena is filled at the highest levels by dishonest players, even some of the pros are guilty as well.

To answer the question: Yes, I thoroughly enjoy reg BGs. No stress, just fun.

I would enjoy rated BGs the most if I could solo queue for them.

Having to wait 15-60 minutes between each match to form a pre-made gets old fast. Also, not having rating taken into consideration when forming normal BG teams means getting stuck with AFKers and bots no matter how hard I personally try.

Rated battlegrounds are ftw

Deleted
    I like doing low rated RBG's, not too challenging and the team is usually somewhat good. Plus you kind of get more out of a win, aside from Conquest Points you get 1 more step to the Warbringer title, rating titles (hit 1600 from pugging), plus 2 mounts and also the Battlemaster BG win count for WSG and AB. It's also quite easy to get achievements done too, especially against bad teams (like recap flag etc).

As for randoms, eugh, no way, not anymore. It was bad before, it's got even worse now with all the boosted 90's heading straight for BG's in their 483 gear. "M8 my main is 2.2k rated" that's nice and all, but you hit like a wet noodle and die like one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Plus, watching people rage in BG chat never gets old.
    I'll admit I like this more than I should.

Invariably, its always the backpedalling, always-fights-in-midfield player who is the one who talks the most trash in raid chat if you happen to be losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    I like random bgs and arena, rbgs not so much.

Most people dont like random bgs because they dont pvp for fun, they play for carrot on the stick.
    Thats cos random bg's are not fun and blizzard arnt doing anything to combat botters and even worse is the russian hackers in bg's on EU servers where they can hit you from like 100 yards away with a melee attack cos there so laggy there connections are shite. fun and random bg should never be used in a sentence anymore cos the last time they was fun was back in TBC. they pretty much ruined AV they still have the reinforcments in the game which should be removed cos if people dnt want AV they can just blacklist it. luckily i moved from horde to alliance on my server since horde is better at pve than pvp

I have more fun in randoms than in rated bg's. The core reason, I think, is that the only penalty for losing is lost time (provided I didn't enjoy myself). In rated play, losses set back your rating, which is the primary reason a lot of people are involved in rated play. That tends to mean tempers run hotter, and I don't enjoy that crucible-ish environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    I'll admit I like this more than I should.

Invariably, its always the backpedalling, always-fights-in-midfield player who is the one who talks the most trash in raid chat if you happen to be losing.
    Yep. On one hand, if you're trying to win the BG and call people out because of lack of gear or cooperation (i.e. a character in Boosted Greens is left to defend Farm, and gets swarmed and then Farm is lost), but calling people out when you're not helping to win is just bad. (i.e. farming mid in EotS trying to get flag when your team only has 1 base)
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I've had heaps of fun in randoms. But it can also be the most enraging, frustrating thing in the game.

Go with a team of 5 to vastly improve your experience IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I used to love random bg's with mates back in TBC/Wrath when the other players on my team/the opposition were at least semi-geared and not bots. It was quite fun just messing around and hopefully winning. These days I don't really do many bg's as the friends that enjoyed casual PvP quit, but the few I have done have been full of either fully geared premades steamrolling on one team or a battle between horde and alliance bots (in my experience Alliance have the superior bots). Never really enjoyed RBG's as rigid organisation isn't something I enjoy in PvP (but is in PvE).

Similar story with arena really - Used to enjoy it with friends for getting gear when ratings were required for certain items and it could be good fun of an evening with a few friends. I'm not skilled enough at PvP to effortlessly get 2.2k for the best gear/stuff now and I can't be bothered putting the effort in to get to that point so I don't.

I prefer random bgs because I prefer playing with people I know and like. Most of the time it is with my two best friends, one of them being my brother. Thus I like to play 2s or 3s with them but rated bgs? No way in hell, I just can't stand playing pvp with 9 other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've had heaps of fun in randoms. But it can also be the most enraging, frustrating thing in the game.

Go with a team of 5 to vastly improve your experience IMO.
    In my experience playing random bgs with one person you can really synergyze with, is enough to dominate most bgs. When I'm doing random bgs it is with my brother most of the time and as long as your team doesn't consist of 8 or 13 bots OR the other team has a GOOD premade of 3-5 people, it is safe to assume that you will win. It is the little things like cc'ing for the other one to cap a base or to take out the healer as quick and possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, there's also one other advantage to normal BGs. You can /afk out of one easily if either you're getting very frustrated, your teammates are frustrating, or some other reason. You can't really do that in rated BGs without pissing off quite a few of the other raid members. Arenas are kinda easy to get out of since matches are usually short, and there will be times where a teamcomp won't work.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Depends. I like RBGs because everyone is geared and it's organized; but I can never find a group for it
    I like random BGs because it's a que up and go type thing, and I like to try to top the charts