Thread: 2014 MLB Thread

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So far I've only seen the first 2 innings, but he made one mistake pitch to Melky Cabrera to lead off the game that was up & a little bit flat which Melky hammered for a home run, after that point everything else was down & nothing was straight, from the broadcast camera it just looked filthy, hits were coming against him but none of them were dangerous. (Especially in a lineup with two of baseball's heaviest hitters) Scary part is had it not been for an E3 we wouldn't be talking about him giving up 2 earned, we'd be talking about him giving up 1 run period.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah some of his pitches looked nasty.
    You're a towel.

Why does Strasberg even bother starting when its against the Braves. We have completely owned him. I swear he hasnt beaten us in a year. Also what was up with that grenade Zimmerman threw. that went like 10 feet over the 1st baseman? They railed him on MLB network too saying he shouldnt even be playing 3rd if he cant throw strikes across the diamond.

I saw the graphic on BBTN which highlighted the facts, Strasburg gave up 10 unearned runs last year, 7 of those came on throwing errors by Zimmerman and that's just for one pitcher, can't have a 3B who can't throw consistently that's for sure.

Yankees finally got a homer by Brett Gardner, yep that's about as unlikely as it gets!

so can we cut BJ Upton already? Seriously can you not cut people like you can in the NFL? This guy is the Jarmarcus Russell of baseball. People said it was impossible for him to have a season as bad as last year and hes actually doing WORSE. I seriously think I could go out there and not strike out 80% of the time.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-04-07 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its 6 games, being bad for 6 games is not as bad as being bad for like 130 or whatever he played last year.

also

FULLY GUARANTEED CONTRACTS.

They can release him but they'd still have to pay him, like the extremely questionable decision to sign Andruw Jones and the horrific expense of it when he was shittier than shit.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    W
    They can release him but they'd still have to pay him, like the extremely questionable decision to sign Andruw Jones and the horrific expense of it when he was shittier than shit.
    when who signed him? he wasnt that bad when he first signed with us when he was younger. He was a damn good center fielder and for a period of like 10 years he averaged 100 RBI and 35 HRs a season. I will take 35 HRs, 100 RBIs, and Gold Gloves every year for 10 years all day long.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2014-04-08 at 12:44 AM.

damn my head hurts just watching Infante take one in the face. It was a fast ball too that didnt drop. Just ran right into his face. it was so bad they only showed the replay once on MLB network. They said in the slow motion ones that it hit him in the jaw so probably broken.

- - - Updated - - -

wow Infante only has a sprained jaw after eating a fastball. dude should have been a boxer.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-04-08 at 02:52 AM.

That fastball had eyes for him, seriously if he'd run 50ft away it would still have hit him, the fact it was only a sprained jaw is incredible as it got him flush.

holy shit is Tommy John surgery contagious? Another braves pitcher done for the year. This time its Gearrin. Seriously what are the odds one team can have 3 guys needing TJ after only one week of the season. At this rate we are gonna lose 432 more pitchers
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-04-09 at 04:05 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this Rockies offense. If they could just find 1-2 guys capable of giving them consistent QSs they could be a contender.

wow Ervin Santana could be one of the best offseason pickups. seriously how was he unsigned so late?

But now Im just waiting for him to come down with Tommy Johnitis

10+ Year Old Account
    Those qualifying offers are killer, they're really brutalizing free agency, you get one slapped on you and everybody gets scared to lose a 1st round pick if they sign you.

Yeah once you have a qualifying offer you're basically humped unless you're a 100%, no brainer elite player, if there are any question marks you're pretty much in a crap shoot situation - which is something I have to believe will be looked at under the next CBA as it's really damaging for free agency from the players end. Without the qualifying offer players like Stephen Drew & Kendrys Morales would be on rosters right now, no doubt in my mind about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adam Jones seems like a pretty angry guy, lately can't ask him anything without him going on a tirade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    so can we cut BJ Upton already? Seriously can you not cut people like you can in the NFL? This guy is the Jarmarcus Russell of baseball. People said it was impossible for him to have a season as bad as last year and hes actually doing WORSE. I seriously think I could go out there and not strike out 80% of the time.
    I haven't given up on BJ yet. I say stick him at the 8 spot. Simmons hitting 2nd. Until he can generate hits, he's wasted between Heyward and Freeman.

well at least one Upton is starting to heat up. The reaction of the Met's pitcher after Justin's 2nd HR was just priceless as was Chipper's comment "I dont think he liked the location of that pitch"

That 18:1 K:BB ratio that Tanaka's slapping up is pretty tasty. I'm under the impression that that's the best predictor of major league success you can have after two games. You can luck into a couple low batting average games if guys hit liners at your fielders and such, but you can't luck your way into making major league bats miss the ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That 18:1 K:BB ratio that Tanaka's slapping up is pretty tasty. I'm under the impression that that's the best predictor of major league success you can have after two games. You can luck into a couple low batting average games if guys hit liners at your fielders and such, but you can't luck your way into making major league bats miss the ball.
    A lot of foreign pitchers have sucess there first few games then fall apart.

With that said, I like Tanaka and hope he keeps it up
    You're a towel.

Tanaka's really only been stung by two pitches he's thrown, both mistake pitches up which major league hitters did what major league hitters are supposed to do & took them both deep, he was never going to repeat his season from last year, but he's looking pretty good in doing so.

Pineda was also looking good last night & pitched a gem for the win against the Sox, that's a couple of good outings now from the 5th pitcher which is encouraging, especially against the Red Sox, that's not an easy lineup to get out at times. There's a bit of discussion around what he had on his pitching hand last night, Red Sox themselves didn't complain but his hand had something on it, Pineda said it was dirt but either way it goes it was removed by the 5th inning, I guess some clubhouse guy told the bench that NESN were bitching about it. Feel good moment was Dean Anna going yard though, first big league home run for a guy who basically was going to spring training as a "throw it & see if it sticks" guy having never been to big league camp before, that's gotta make you believe in good stuff happening!