Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question More like MMO-Blizzard...

So when does a site that says they are the MMO-Champions, cover more than just Blizzard games which most of arn't even MMO's?? Maybe this site would get new fresh opinions in here if they started to cover news about whats going on in MMO's that they claim to be the champions of.

Mod-note: Moving the thread as it shouldn't be under WoW General discussion as it is MMO-champions the discussion is about.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-31 at 11:48 PM.

There's more MMO's than WoW?!

But a serious guess, possibly just started that way because WoW was the biggest MMO, and now it's sorta just like the namesake. They did post Guild Wars news a bit I believe, guess it wasn't that popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otiveht View Post
    So when does a site that says they are the MMO-Champions, cover more than just Blizzard games which most of arn't even MMO's?? Maybe this site would get new fresh opinions in here if they started to cover news about whats going on in MMO's that they claim to be the champions of.
    If you don't like how the site is set up dude, you don't have to make an account to post and leave and go somewhere else?

And then Curse bought them, and focused them on Blizz products.

There are specific sections for other MMO's. Try those.

Also, the name is exactly what it is. MMO-Champion. The current champion of MMO's is WoW whether you like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritus7 View Post
    And then Curse bought them, and focused them on Blizz products.
    Cause curse only promotes Blizzard? That isn't the case, if other games become more popular its better for curse and mmo-champ. This is unfair criticism.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2014-04-01 at 12:02 AM.

WoW clearly has the biggest playerbase so naturally it dominates the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This gets asked all the time. Here's how Boub answered it a few years ago:

Do you wish you had named the website something different? MMO Champion is a bit misleading for a fully WoW-oriented site. Do you have plans to cover other games, especially with the new Curse takeover?

Nop, no real plan to cover other games. The original plan was to cover more stuff but ... I eventually realized that WoW was where all the fun is. In a perfect world, I would also have some free time to run an EVE Online website.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...on_ama/c0uq1ph
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Pretty much all of you missed the OPs point. They didn't ask about WoW, but about Diablo, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. Obviously Boub can do as he wishes, but I feel it's a legitimate question.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Pretty much all of you missed the OPs point. They didn't ask about WoW, but about Diablo, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. Obviously Boub can do as he wishes, but I feel it's a legitimate question.
    Why? So they cover more than expected of them.

People just sometimes hate because they have nothing better to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of their covering of other games is directing you towards their dedicated fan sites.

Also, it is clearly a Blizzard/WoW focused website, it didn't intend to start that way but evolved into that, but you can't just go rebranding a name as big as mmo-champion without shit going badly.

mmo champion is a wow fansite.

hearthstone is a spin off of warcraft
    heroes of the storm could be considered a spin off

i dont see that much coverage of diablo but its made by the same company, and the demographics crossover quite a bit.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why? So they cover more than expected of them.

People just sometimes hate because they have nothing better to do.
    It's not hate to question things. Who cover Heroes of the storm and not DotA2? If your answer is "why not?", no need to bother.

It's not like I hate Blizzard (or this site for that matter.) but sometimes I feel like there is some kind of advertisement deal going on. Not that there's anything especially wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otiveht View Post

Mod-note: Moving the thread as it shouldn't be under WoW General discussion as it is MMO-champions the discussion is about.
    *shrug* It's the main audience? Not like others are forbidden from the site, and when WoW's time is over someday I imagine it's possible the focus might shift at that point if the site would intend to stay alive.

Going by the last line, although the whole OP overall is a bit confusing to me, it seems like they're asking why are there no new about other mmo's, since the site is called MMO-champion.

Deleted
    Dude, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about... They can pick whatever name they want, and even then, it's still a solid name. WoW is MMO-champion for almost 10 years already, so it's not that out of the blue to make a WoW fansite and call it MMO-champion, because they clearly are champions compared to other MMO's.

Oh and btw, it's not MMO-champions, it's about 1 champioN. L2read b4 you post.

Because wow is The MMO - Champion.. badumm tiss...!!!

It's not hate to question things. Who cover Heroes of the storm and not DotA2? If your answer is "why not?", no need to bother.

It's not like I hate Blizzard (or this site for that matter.) but sometimes I feel like there is some kind of advertisement deal going on. Not that there's anything especially wrong with that.
    I was refering more to the OP hating things. His post reeks of it.

One this got re-direct to the wrong sub-forum. Two stop trying to force this. There's fan-site for every game out there. This is weak bait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Going by the last line, although the whole OP overall is a bit confusing to me, it seems like they're asking why are there no new about other mmo's, since the site is called MMO-champion.
    Yes, I suppose. What I got from it was mostly "Why cover Blizzard non-mmo games instead of other mmos?" But even then, I suppose the answer is simple, Blizzard is one of those companies where the fandom tends to be for the actual company instead of a single game. And they have certainly marketed this attitude well.