Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I forgot today was April Fools Day for a second.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The populace is part of the problem. Trying to fix the education in the US is a joke at this point, even though we have the best higher (uni/college) institutions in the world, we don't really give two shits about the majority of the populace.
    Well having the best higher institutions doesnt really do much if you only have 3 for 300 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I have always known, democrats are hypocritical, and the party of the rich.
    You remind me of the donkey in the video..

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Well having the best higher institutions doesnt really do much if you only have 3 for 300 million.
    You branch out to the top 200 universities in the world and I think 80 of them are in the U.S.. 15 of the top 20. If you really want to attack our higher education it should be the cost because in terms of the amount of top notch or even adequate universities we have that's certainly not the issue.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I just realized it's april fool's

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    lol. I sincerely hope the republicans get the white house, congress and senate soon. Just to watch America fall apart as cooporations are given 100% free reigns. Should be so entertaining when people realize that "small gubbamint" means more power to fewer people and everything run on a "for profit" model. Think your middle class is screwed now?
    I just think it is amazing that the entire country seems to have forgotten about George Bush. Obama destroyed the economy, started the war in Iraq, and invented taxes and government programs; before him nobody was ever taxed, nobody was ever poor, the whole world loved us, and our economy was the best in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    I just think it is amazing that the entire country seems to have forgotten about George Bush. Obama destroyed the economy, started the war in Iraq, and invented taxes and government programs; before him nobody was ever taxed, nobody was ever poor, the whole world loved us, and our economy was the best in the world.
    Not necessarily that, I just think some people may be more focused on the decisions being made now, and when half the room uses "But the guy before him did this and this!" as a talking point it doesn't really take the conversation anywhere; two wrongs don't make a right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Not necessarily that, I just think some people may be more focused on the decisions being made now, and when half the room uses "But the guy before him did this and this!" as a talking point it doesn't really take the conversation anywhere; two wrongs don't make a right.
    Really? Our politicians mention how they are 'just working with what they were given' multiple times per interview

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You branch out to the top 200 universities in the world and I think 80 of them are in the U.S.. 15 of the top 20. If you really want to attack our higher education it should be the cost because in terms of the amount of top notch or even adequate universities we have that's certainly not the issue.
    While I dont agree with this scoring since it innately favors the anglosphere and "brand" names among other things i only count 48.

http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...=false+search=

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://news.msn.com/us/party-of-the-...-the-democrats

For the final effing time...Democrats don't hate the rich. They hate the rich that do not spend their money on their workers and on taxes and the people that help them get rich.

Would you seriously learn this already instead of parroting your ignorance and prejudices

Dems are fine with rich people being rich - but they wan them to pay their fare share and treat people and their workers like human beings.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2014-04-01 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Really? Our politicians mention how they are 'just working with what they were given' multiple times per interview
    And only the ignorant would accept that as an excuse. Much easier to stomp your feet and point fingers than it is to admit that you're incompetent; I swear sometimes the House and Senate floors must sound like the sound-stage for Happy Feet 3 with all their tantrum throwing.

Or they could be rich like pelosi, and get money from corruption and political kickbacks.
    Where the hell were you when Republicans/Tea Party people get kickbacks - yet you support them.

http://news.msn.com/us/party-of-the-...-the-democrats

So are republicans. Politics in America has gotten to the point where you have to be rich, and know rich people, to get elected to any national office.

2012 election, Democrats spent about 1 billion on electing Obama for second term. Romney spent just shy of 900 mil (I think, been a while since I read the story). Each side is the party of the rich.

/cynicism on
    Politics in America is rich people giving goodies to the poor and their rich friends to elect their chosen candidates and making the middle class pay the bill.
    /cynicism off
    Last edited by Raeph; 2014-04-01 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Where have you been? The democrats have done nothing but blame bush for Obama's entire presidency. Literally every single thing was "Well Bush did that" and "Bush did this". And while Bush defintly wasn't a great president to just blame him is a huge cop out. All the democrats voted for the war in Iraq, they own the war as much as Bush does. Here's a link of BILL CLINTON saying saddam was trying for nuclear weapons, so you can't just say Bush lied on that either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs. The economic melt down was because of policies from multiple presidents, Bush included but also Clinton, so you can't just blame him for that either.
    I know this may sound like I'm a big bush fan, I'm actually not, its just annoying how our country has no critical thinking at all. Its either "what about Bush" or well "Bush did that" or when the republicans do something stupid they say "well Obama started it" or they bring it up and say "If Bush was president the democrats would go nuts!" Stop living in fairy tale land and blaming a party and a president. the Left has just much blame as the wars and the economy as the right does. They both suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we are to avoid hypocrisy, democrats are a party of job creators. If people start playing up that most, if not all, politicians are rich. It changes the moochers versus job creators paradigm Republicans depend on. It would mean Ayn Rand was wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oujosh29 View Post
    Where have you been? The democrats have done nothing but blame bush for Obama's entire presidency. Literally every single thing was "Well Bush did that" and "Bush did this". And while Bush defintly wasn't a great president to just blame him is a huge cop out. All the democrats voted for the war in Iraq, they own the war as much as Bush does. Here's a link of BILL CLINTON saying saddam was trying for nuclear weapons, so you can't just say Bush lied on that either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs. The economic melt down was because of policies from multiple presidents, Bush included but also Clinton, so you can't just blame him for that either.
    I know this may sound like I'm a big bush fan, I'm actually not, its just annoying how our country has no critical thinking at all. Its either "what about Bush" or well "Bush did that" or when the republicans do something stupid they say "well Obama started it" or they bring it up and say "If Bush was president the democrats would go nuts!" Stop living in fairy tale land and blaming a party and a president. the Left has just much blame as the wars and the economy as the right does. They both suck.
    If Clinton claimed Iraq was building WMDs, it still disagrees with Iraq having them. Bush spent the summer of 2008 giving White House lawn speeches about our self fixing economy. The RNC nominating McCain in 2008, didn't have the economy as a bullet-point in their official statement, as 3 major banks failed the same month. You can compare Bush's 2008 stimulus and TARP to Obama's stimulus and the Dodd-Frank consumer protection agency.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Im not sure how you're thinking OP... If they're rich and want to make it better for the working class. That's not in the least hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.

If you thought that there was federal level politicians on either side which wouldn't be owned by either rich corporate entities or billionaires, you've not been paying very good attention
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Right and the Republicans are the party of the poor? Ha!

Politicians are for the rich, don't act like this is a Democrats-only issue.
    Putin khuliyo

This thread is for April fools right?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even a funny April Fools Day thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Where the hell were you when Republicans/Tea Party people get kickbacks - yet you support them.
    Republicans can do no wrong obviously, especially when it comes to American mainstream media due to it being pretty Conservative.