Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://news.msn.com/us/party-of-the-...-the-democrats

As I have always known, democrats are hypocritical, and the party of the rich.
    i'm glad you agree that the rich have gotten out of hand and need to be put in their place

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't take into account cost of living at all. Go find a CoL calculator and put in those "omg so rich" districts. At $50k/yr where I live, the equivalent cost in Manhattan is $116k. That entire district costs *more than twice* as much to live in. The next closest ones in CA? Almost exactly twice as much.

That means that a great job in the "rich" districts gets paid relatively less than an "OK" job where I live. That $75k job in Manhattan? Worth $31k. That's $15/hr at full time employment. Sure is rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its been 2 years... but in 2012 the Republicans threatened to trash the whole government over letting the Top Marginal Tax Rate expire.
    From 35% to 39.6%, which had been imposed as a result of the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts.

Then the other timed they threatened to blow up the economy over repealing all tax cuts for incomes over 250k (Obama's suggestion), versus their suggestion of incomes around a million.

Sure they both love rich donors, but the magnitude of their separation is very clear.

For all those posters with terrible memories, they have internet games for that.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    I said overall. Some Republicans are filthy rich as well but not as many as Democrats from John Kerry to Warren Buffett and everyone in Silicon Valley.
    And Hollywood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Political party bashing and trolling is not acceptable here