When Does Testing Start?

Yesterday it said Alpha testing has begun... but I don't see any streams or any data-mined information coming out yet.

When can this be expected? Did they even say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha testing is not open to the general public. so there wont be any streams being shown. we will have to wait for the closed beta where they invite mainly press and popular streamers and who knows when that day will be. could still be months away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is, what i believe to be, a friends and family alpha. im not 100% certain but its quite possible there is an nda and as such what you see and hear about it will be fairly vague.

Deleted
    We’ve been hard at work on World of Warcraft®: Warlords of Draenor™, and today we’ve entered the alpha phase of our expansion testing. As part of this, we’ll begin using public servers to host the data, which means you may begin seeing some datamined information show up in the usual places.

No NDA i guess, and they idd said it has started?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Alpha testing is not open to the general public. so there wont be any streams being shown. we will have to wait for the closed beta where they invite mainly press and popular streamers and who knows when that day will be. could still be months away.
    If they follow the HotS alpha, then we will get streamers very soon. For what we know, the testing hasn't started yet because some issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    this is, what i believe to be, a friends and family alpha. im not 100% certain but its quite possible there is an nda and as such what you see and hear about it will be fairly vague.
    There is an NDA, yes.

I was in the Cata F&F (there was no MoP one, that went straight to beta) and you can't post SQUAT.

There will be streams, but it'll be of a sandboxed version etc.

From what I can tell it hasn't *actually* begun (or at least fully), but will over the next few days once invites get sent out fully. We'll start seeing leaks and stuff then

I thought it would be like Heroes of the Storm alpha where all the popular streamers get access and stream the game first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    I thought it would be like Heroes of the Storm alpha where all the popular streamers get access and stream the game first.
    And it is, there is no NDA, like Elmow already pointed out.

I think people are reading too much into what Alpha used to mean, and what they meant with Alpha with Heroes of the Storm.
    I do not believe this is a F&F Alpha, since I don't believe they've ever posted that they're in one with other expansions(?).
    It's possible they'll use Alpha as their closed testing, and switch to Beta when they open the testing to the public, if they do.