10+ Year Old Account
    Basically means no more mechanics changes. Yay.

why backlash is removed?

next step is conflagrate 0.5 sec cast time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    why backlash is removed?

next step is conflagrate 0.5 sec cast time?
    1.5, see paladin instants 4Head

Deleted
    I guess this means we're SoL at least until 6.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I guess this means we're SoL at least until 6.2
    I wouldn't worry about any serious changes till the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Basically means no more mechanics changes. Yay.
    Yeah I've been stalking his twitter ever since I first posted on it and he became extremely inactive recently which led me to believe he was actually going ham doing some balance work and surprise! A tuning pass is coming out.

I was seriously considering making another post in the beta forums about mechanics and or tuning but I guess I'll wait to see what he does with this. Certain mechanics bits are just going to be neglected until a significant amount of time goes by with blizzard realizing that no ones using X or Y and then they finally notice the issue we've been saying all along and fix it.

I hate dealing with this part but hoboy has it been consistent...

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least they're working on fleshing out those emergency tank mechanics for DPS Warriors that nobody asked for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, those same ones they failed with and found unbalancable in giving to Warlocks for MoP, and Cat Druids since forever...

Same with the concept of Dark Intent buffing one other person ending up being unbalanced. And then Symbiosis happens.

No more mechanics changes and yet demon bolt is still a horrible design? Oh well at least I don't have to pick it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    No more mechanics changes and yet demon bolt is still a horrible design? Oh well at least I don't have to pick it.
    Increasing cost for increasing damage is not a horrible design. I'm guessing you don't play a mage because Demon bolt functions mechanically just like Arcane Blast. Those mechanics are fine for a talent. All it needs is to be tuned to have the right base cost and percentages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, those same ones they failed with and found unbalancable in giving to Warlocks for MoP, and Cat Druids since forever...
    DA was always seen as an experiment and something fun. I don't get why everyone are such debbie downers all the time. If you take the class and changes this seriously it is probably a good thing to take a step back, breath in and out, and relax a little. No need to be so negative all of the time and spiteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Same with the concept of Dark Intent buffing one other person ending up being unbalanced. And then Symbiosis happens.
    Completely different cases and it wasn't the concept of buffing one other person that ended up being unbalanced. It was the mechanics that the one other person got. Which is also why symbiosis is being changed because it was balanced across all of the choices and most of the time wasn't a choice at all as to who you were going to cast it on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Probably no more major mechanics changes. Minor mechanics tweaks could still happen maybe for the next few weeks or a month or so. Still possible even after that but reaaallll slim chance.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Increasing cost for increasing damage is not a horrible design. I'm guessing you don't play a mage because Demon bolt functions mechanically just like Arcane Blast. Those mechanics are fine for a talent. All it needs is to be tuned to have the right base cost and percentages.
    I'm guessing you also don't play an Arcane Mage because other than the ramp in cost/damage up those two abilities are NOTHING alike, and create entirely different play styles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I'm guessing you also don't play an Arcane Mage because other than the ramp in cost/damage up those two abilities are NOTHING alike, and create entirely different play styles.
    I didn't say the abilities were alike or created the same play style. The mechanics are alike and are not a horrible design for both abilities.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'll agree that AB isn't horribly designed. Going to have to disagree on DB though.

So i haven't been following super closely with the dungeon previews or questing but I think there was one dungeon where i happened to see demons present....has anyone tried using enslave demon? curious if it will have a purpose in this expac

Concerning that the number tuning is happening now and it appears mechanic tuning is over.

Looking forward to Demonology AoE still being a ridiculous and convoluted cooldown stack fest.
    Looking forward to Affliction only having 1 feasible use for Soul Shards.
    Looking forward to Destruction being so ridiculously immobile and reliant on a 3 second cast nuke that Arcane Mages end up looking like Hunters in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I have played arcane mage and wasn't a fan of it. And I like demon bolt even less than arcane blast. I stand by my statement as I was just giving an opinion. I also think that servitude is kind of lackluster for demo as well since felguard has always kind of been a demo thing. Cata it is I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played arcane mage and wasn't a fan of it. And I like demon bolt even less than arcane blast. I stand by my statement as I was just giving an opinion. I also think that servitude is kind of lackluster for demo as well since felguard has always kind of been a demo thing. Cata it is I guess.
    Have to watch out we don't fall into the trap where we feel too much obligated to use 1 pet in 1 spec. I remember Destro + Imp, and frankly it was a lot more fun to play the spec once we could use other pets too, even if it felt weird at first.

I'm MUCH more worried about the fact that Servitude is, as of now, not even a DPS increase. Why the hell bother with the talent if it gets you pretty much 0 benefit. Even if they keep it behind Chaotic Resources and Cata, it should still at least be an upgrade over going talentless.

We'll see in the first DPS pass though. Hopefully early next week we get a new build with everything in it.