Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trizone View Post
    I know we lost Xelnath, but what about all the other classes? Did they have their own versions of Xelnath, and if so, are they still around?
    I don't think so, no. Some of the more popular classes in terms of player numbers get more looked at by devs. We're used to being ignored, but Xelnath was a nice breath of fresh air, even if I hate what he did to my precious Destruction Lock. If he hadn't been fired over the screw-up, we might've seen a change in communication. Now they seem kinda scared of the idea, I guess. But it's a good concept and one that has worked for other studios before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gildelicil View Post
    I think they just need someone who can step in as a community liaison on behalf of the technical team - particularly as it relates to class balance.
    They have a whole team of CMs who they pay to supposedly do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They have a whole team of CMs who they pay to supposedly do this.
    When was the last time anyone saw a CM post in a class forum outside of sticky-ing threads?

Deleted
    I think part of the reason Celestalon's tweets even gets the attention they do, is that the CM's have partially failed in their job of communicating with the player base.

I think part of the reason Celestalon's tweets even gets the attention they do, is that the CM's have partially failed in their job of communicating with the player base.
    GC was the lead systems designer where he managed a team for class design, encounters, combat and item design, Celestalon on the other hand is directly involved with balance design for classes which involves balance changes and tuning which in this case is even worse because he has direct control on class changes where GC was only leader of several teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Alternatively, maybe the CM's are having trouble doing their job because the devs are communicating with the player base directly. It becomes hard to filter what Celestalon says when he just goes and tweets at the players, likewise with getting feedback to him in a collected manner. It also creates situations like the latest Blood Elf model issue, where the developer will say several things (quality not up to snuff, we won't have it ready in time, taking longer than was expected), and the CM says something that contradicts it (we haven't even started working on it). There is a difference between a CM not doing their job, and being unable to do their job
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Alternatively, maybe the CM's are having trouble doing their job because the devs are communicating with the player base directly. It becomes hard to filter what Celestalon says when he just goes and tweets at the players, likewise with getting feedback to him in a collected manner. It also creates situations like the latest Blood Elf model issue, where the developer will say several things (quality not up to snuff, we won't have it ready in time, taking longer than was expected), and the CM says something that contradicts it (we haven't even started working on it). There is a difference between a CM not doing their job, and being unable to do their job
    That is a very good point. In the end the main issue with communication seems to be Celestalon doing something he's not very good at; communicating via Twitter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I'm gonna regain my faith in him, and the team as a whole, when I see those "internal numbers" which are supposedly wildly different from sims. Whenever they say that now, I feel like they're just bullshitting us.
    They differed because Sims did not incorporate the bugs that were present in their testing, which they already acknowledged and said they were going to fix. This is old news and there's no need to dig it up again.

Why do people not talk about Destruction at all?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    His indifference to certain classes is pretty telling Locks being one of them. the big mistake they are making is ignored the fact players are paying they ruin a class they will lose subscribers. I still think WOD is going to make CATA look like the best expansion ever because they have become so focused on Garrisons. Pre expansion patch will bring new models so that's another huge segment already there. I really don't know how the guy can keep a straight face when part of his job is "balance" in WOD.

On the pvp beta and this was before the latest nerfs all I could do was stand there and let a rogue stick his weapons in me for 30 mins. WOD will flop what should have been blizzard giving WOW a much needed refresh with new ideas is basically some new land. new models and loads of cuts according to them digital sales are everything yet 1.5 million pre orders and still 6 million playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Destro hasn't had many changes, if any at all, in the last couple of builds. There's just not much to say about it right now, same with Affliction.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

I'm starting to get the feeling this guy actively hates this class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Destro hasn't had many changes, if any at all, in the last couple of builds. There's just not much to say about it right now, same with Affliction.
    Boring as hell and lower than average DPS. Yay!

Deleted
    I've always had a soft spot for destro, played it ever since the demo/destro combo spec (40/21 or something) of early Wotlk was killed off. Yet after what I personally feel has been a very enjoyable spec in MoP, the bland remains which Blizzard offers up as destro for WoD doesn't seem all that appealing.

It's not so much about damage, I played destro through Cata even if that wasn't the optimal choice for dps. It's about the utility, the joy of casting on the move, I guess it's what others has described as the feel of the spec. At the moment I'm just waiting to see what Blizzard will come up with, because as it stands currently, demo looks to be the closest thing I can get to to what i want. I might just be me, but current demo reminds me a bit of Cata destro, not a bad thing in my book.

Deleted
    I'd like my DoTs back, I'd like my soul shards back and I'd like my Soul Burn: Soulfire back. Also Netherward. And stuff.

I'll talk about Destruction again, when it stops being the fire version of WotLK's Arcane Mages and is the Warlock spec I enjoyed for years before MoP again :/

So ... 1 or 2 expansions from WoD

In the meantime I'm with Trizone. Playing Demo, because it's the closest thing to how Destruction played pre-MoP.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2014-09-09 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    A little off topic but seems like the pre-patch is on PTR. Downloading do see how things might feel for us on live in a couple of weeks.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ing-has-begun/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafpony View Post
    A little off topic but seems like the pre-patch is on PTR. Downloading do see how things might feel for us on live in a couple of weeks.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ing-has-begun/
    Thanks. Gonna go check that out

The biggest reason you see all the people bitching about fel flames removal is because of destruction specifically because it barely has anything it can cast while moving.

Beyond that the spec is doing fine, people may or may not like the whole charred remains play but the specs fairly solid besides movement.

Demonology went from really strong to weaker than healer dps so that's why you see so much chat about it from both ends of the spectrum.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction has complex and engaging gameplay at level 100.

I'm not feeling that at all on my Beta lock.

What are you enjoying about it Zevoa, and what talents are you taking?

Ive had 2 main chars through the MoP, a Hunter and a Warlock, but on WoD i'll have only one, since i cant level/gear 2 chars at the same time in the first months of the xpac, and till this point i really havent decided which one i'll be playing first, but seeing the warlock forums it seems that the class isnt enjoyable anymore for many people, or at least not as much as it is on live. =/

So, should i really stick to my hunter? I used to play as destruction for the most part, with demo as offspec for somefights...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....