Deleted
    its funny tho, i would have gladly taken a dmg nerf to fel flame and keep its resource generation as is, coz they seem to want to nerf movement dps, instead they went the other way. now the question is, will fel flame for destro still have an obscenely high mana cost or not, 25% mana seem a bit excessive for WoD assuming we actually get it back.

the thing that has made me the most upset is that our core soulburn abilities all got a shardcost increase which is going to be a pain to manage and the side effect is that they have made any version of soul swap worthless to use coz any version only allows you to save 1 gcd for each soul shard you use which is a waste of shards, there are plenty of other ways to get the job, and now without snapshotting, which was the main reason soul swap was so good, there was no real reason to change it.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-07-13 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    So, which one is it? There's two sections in the same patch note, one saying they removed an ability and the other saying they brought it back at reduced effectiveness - which sounds in line with what Celest was saying.

Are they doing this on purpose now?
    The person writing the patch notes (Rygarius) isn't involved with development to my knowledge, so you've got two departments communicating and perhaps not always effectively.

At one point during the patch cycle they decided to add Fel Flame, so Rygarius was likely notified to include that in the patch notes. Sometime later, before the patch notes were posted, the Devs decided against adding Fel Flame and instead making the change to KJC. Rygarius was probably notified of the KJC change in time, but the directive to remove references to Fel Flame again probably fell through the cracks, so you've got patch notes combining two different and exclusive changes to Warlock mobility.

So at this point we don't have Fel Flame unless Celestalon made another change within the past day.

I'm playing the beta and got to level 92 (cap level I guess) and with a mix of HC gear and N raid gear, at 576 ilvl, Fel flame wasn't need to be questing at all (of course, why would it be?) but I missed it so badly. I caught myself pushing "F" (key to fel flame on live) so many times, lol.

Now imagine this feeling on raid and PVP enviroments, all the time.

Sounds like certain pets are finally getting some damn abilities. If I had to guess:

Cripple- Doomguard
    Debilitate- Terrorguard
    Burning Presense/Meteor Strike- Infernal and Abyssal
    Seethe- Doomguard and Terrorguard
    Torch Magic- Infernal
    Blaze Magic- Abyssal
    Last edited by Xorn; 2014-07-14 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to throw this in here too:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...83708752498688

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Bulletdwarf It will be a slight *sustained* DPS loss to pool them, in exchange for a significant *burst* DPS gain.
    So after removing Fel Flame and Drain Soul that allowed us to this, they go on about how they're making this happen for Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Just going to throw this in here too:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...83708752498688

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Bulletdwarf It will be a slight *sustained* DPS loss to pool them, in exchange for a significant *burst* DPS gain.
    So after removing Fel Flame and Drain Soul that allowed us to this, they go on about how they're making this happen for Hunters.
    Agreed, it's almost ridiculous. They've been taking away a lot of what makes Warlocks who play well do higher damage. Affliction looks WAY too simple on the beta, only thing with some skill involved is using Haunt when procs are active.

Nice to see some hints at our Doomguard and Infernal special abilities.

I wonder if they will finally get names?

Deleted
    They do have names with Servitude at lvl 100. I doubt they will if you don't spec into it.

I'm guessing Doomguard/Terrorguard are getting a slow but have no idea what Seethe might be. Back in the day Doomguard had cripple, his own RoF, a war stomp stun and something else I can't quite remember. Was it a dispell? He was actually VERY cool back then. None of those sound like they would be called Seethe however. Sounds AoEish

I suppose Infernal/Abyssal gets a dispell. It sounds like a Defensive dispell. It would be nice if it's AoE stun was on some sort of CD so we could use it without dismissing the pet first.

I'm actually getting excited about using them now.

Maybe I missed something but WHAT?!! We cannot sacrifice our demons anymore?! I've grown to love my little gnome warlock without having to put up with pesky pets. I was semi-looking forward to running a Doomguard, but now I don't have an option to be demon free? Am I reading this right? I was very excited about the addition of Lone Wolf to the Hunter talents because then I can play a ranger without dealing with annoying pet mechanics but it's strange to add one to Hunter and remove the Warlock talent. I hope I'm just misunderstanding something.

I THINK that's just the Demo version of it.

Which kinda makes sense as it's the improved pet spec.

Yes, that's the demo version of GoSa. Destro and Aff still kill the demon (bonus evil points if you /kiss the Succubus before killing her)
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Sounds like certain pets are finally getting some damn abilities. If I had to guess:

Cripple- Doomguard
    Debilitate- Terrorguard
    Torch Magic- Infernal
    Blaze Magic- Abyssal
    Good guesses! I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'm guessing Doomguard/Terrorguard are getting a slow but have no idea what Seethe might be. Back in the day Doomguard had cripple, his own RoF, a war stomp stun and something else I can't quite remember. Was it a dispell? He was actually VERY cool back then. None of those sound like they would be called Seethe however. Sounds AoEish

I suppose Infernal/Abyssal gets a dispell. It sounds like a Defensive dispell. It would be nice if it's AoE stun was on some sort of CD so we could use it without dismissing the pet first.

One has to be an interrupt, otherwise this talent becomes trash on crucial fights and PvP.

Deleted
    Seems like the Infernal/Abyssal is getting a purge/dispel.

edit: oww already said. I would guess it would be an offensive dispel though, seeing as Imp already provides the defensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I would guess it would be an offensive dispel though, seeing as Imp already provides the defensive one.
    Would be good for the "25 Warlocks vs ..." .. or I guess will be 20 Warlocks vs in WoD, haha
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Would be good for the "25 Warlocks vs ..." .. or I guess will be 20 Warlocks vs in WoD, haha
    30 warlocks, actually (pending them leaving that in), unless you want to do Mythic. Just for the spectacle, at least.

I like that 20-30 warlocks vs. anything is enough to give you nightmares.

THAT is why I rolled this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

Cripple- Doomguard
    Debilitate- Terrorguard
    Torch Magic- Infernal
    Blaze Magic- Abyssal
    Since the Doomguard and Infernal will be replacing our normal minions, they need to have some of the same essential abilities or they'd be useless in many situations. So I would guess that some if not all of those are just duplicates of existing primary pet abilities.

I bet Seethe is a threat generator, a copy of Torment/Anquish
    Torch Magic/Blaze Magic is just the Imp's Sear Magic/Singe Magic
    Cripple/Debilitate sound like a slow, but are probably interupts
    Meteor Strike is Legion Strike
    Burning Presence is Threatening Presence
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-07-15 at 03:05 AM.