In the rare occasion where you need to deal single-target damage with no AE, which incidentally Heart Strike couldn't do since it did cleave, and you're in danger of having both blood runes fully refreshed/capped you're right, you can only do that once every 6s. Of course unless your runes regen faster than 6s that means you won't lose any performance at all, since only one rune refreshes at a time. It really just isn't a mechanical issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Blood downtime is terrible right now, but it will be fixed.
    Maybe they will "fix" blood like they "fixed" arms and fury.

Sure, because they are final and will go live unchanged also.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Sure, because they are final and will go live unchanged also.
    The point is, the class was fine the way it was. The didn't need to "fix" either arms or fury. On paper based on my experience on my warrior, I won't even play anything but gladiator stance prot for dps. IIRC Arms rotation will now be, CS, MS, Execute and auto attacks..wow...It's not final...but that's beyond terrible.

Arms is not fine. Its only even decent on aoe due to sweeping strikes. The single target rotation needed dire polishing. Fury is too crit dependant.

Arms over-excelled in AoE fights, It's something they needed to sacrifice for AoE damage. Also Arms is exceptionally good in pvp. So yes, it was fine. While fury was too crit dependent, once you reached those levels it was fine.

The point is they made absolutely retarded changes to a spec that didn't need them and they are adamantly sticking to those changes despite MASSIVE outcry.

Because of this I can totally see them "fixing" blood by forcing it into stacking as much multistrike as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    IIRC Arms rotation will now be, CS, MS, Execute and auto attacks..wow...It's not final...but that's beyond terrible.
    Also WW as a filler

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You do realize how little 5% extra is?

If you get 5% multistrike from gear, 5% extra is 0,25% so you get 5,25% total. It's just a mostly meaningless niche increase.
    i'm not quite understanding your math here. how is 5% extra equal to 0.25%? i'm pretty sure 5% = 5%. now if you are looking for multipliers then 5% would be equal to 0.05 so you get 1.05x multistrike from gear. you don't multiply 5 by 5% and then add it to 5%. that doesn't make any sense.

for example, if i have a piece of gear with 200 multistrike on it then i will actually get 210 multistrike because 200 * 1.05 = 210.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    i'm not quite understanding your math here. how is 5% extra equal to 0.25%? i'm pretty sure 5% = 5%. now if you are looking for multipliers then 5% would be equal to 0.05 so you get 1.05x multistrike from gear. you don't multiply 5 by 5% and then add it to 5%. that doesn't make any sense.

for example, if i have a piece of gear with 200 multistrike on it then i will actually get 210 multistrike because 200 * 1.05 = 210.
    and if you continue that thought, if 200 multistrike rating equal 5%, 210 rating equal 5.25%

Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    and if you continue that thought, if 200 multistrike rating equal 5%, 210 rating equal 5.25%
    Then to break down the thought even more...
    5.00%
    1% of 5.00 is 0.05
    0.05x5
    5.00+0.25
    5.25%

Math is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Then to break down the thought even more...
    5.00%
    1% of 5.00 is 0.05
    0.05x5
    5.00+0.25
    5.25%

Math is a wonderful thing.
    And yet the whole math is based on a fallacy. He lowballed how much MS DKs will have to 5% to minimize the impact of the 5% attunement as 5.25%. We don't know how much MS will have with standard starting gear at 100. I can tell you my copied over DK has 10% multistrike already. In the end, a 5% buff, is a 5% buff. To minimize the impact of that buff by picking some extremely low MS rating was disengenous

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    And yet the whole math is based on a fallacy. He lowballed how much MS DKs will have to 5% to minimize the impact of the 5% attunement as 5.25%. We don't know how much MS will have with standard starting gear at 100. I can tell you my copied over DK has 10% multistrike already. In the end, a 5% buff, is a 5% buff. To minimize the impact of that buff by picking some extremely low MS rating was disengenous
    Yeah 5% of 5.00% in game is the same sort of buff as if it was 5% of 10.00% in game. It's still a flat 5% buff, it doesn't gain or lose power when you get to higher or lower increments. If anything all it does it make it "slightly" easier to get to 100%.

I'm still interested as to why they would choose Multistrike for Unholy's attunement. Seems weird because (especially with the 4 set tier bonus) SS will be all over, NP FB play will have a fun layer too it but also slightly weird. I mean it sounds cool, but weird.

Yeah 5% of 5.00% in game is the same sort of buff as if it was 5% of 10.00% in game. It's still a flat 5% buff, it doesn't gain or lose power when you get to higher or lower increments. If anything all it does it make it "slightly" easier to get to 100%.

I'm still interested as to why they would choose Multistrike for Unholy's attunement. Seems weird because (especially with the 4 set tier bonus) SS will be all over, NP FB play will have a fun layer too it but also slightly weird. I mean it sounds cool, but weird.
    I agree. The stat chosen for attunement will "usually be the highest throughput stat but not always". It's the not always part that makes it interesting. Why did they make an exception for those specs where it's not the highest throughput stat? And is Unholy one of the exception specs?

Getting back to Blood for a second. There is absolutely no reason to panic about its rotation right now. The devs are aware of its problem and they said they will be iterating the rotation to improve. They def have a lot of tuning they need to do there. No one mentions that right now I prefer being in Blood spec in Beta to Frost because Mastery rating seems broken and I ginormous blood shields or that DS will 1 shot almost any mob you run into. A lot of tuning needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    While we don't know yet how much of a given stat we can expect to see at max level we should expect that it should be low enough to make the attunement effectively meaningless; the whole point of this squish and stuff is that people apparently hate large numbers so why would Blizzard allow people to have 100% (the minimum needed before 5% bonus source = 5% passive)+ Multistrike or any other stat at the start of the expansion?

I thought the point of attunements was to let people know what their best secondary stat is supposed to be, but if this is not always the case then I'm clueless.

Actually MS Attunement for UH makes sense to me. It is basically the former Shadow Priest Mastery, and the extra "strikes" on UH Diseases will be a strong source of damage. Also, with SS's strikes being able to crit and MS independently and haste not affecting diseases, the spec is shifting to lots of smaller damage sources which benefits MS especially with the third strike on SS from the tier bonus.

Nothing unholy has access to benefits from multistrike any more than anything else in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I read somewhere that Multistrike can proc of itself once. So basically attack X procs a multistrike Y which procs multistrike Z. Correct?

Anyhow, how does multistrike work with abilities which have multiple actions for one keypress? Basically I'm meaning Scourge Strike. Can the both physical and shadow portion proc independent multistrikes and multistrikes for those multistrikes? What about the t17 4pc bonus which is another portion to the SS damage?

If this is the case for all portions of the damage, it would mean that for a single Scourge Strike use you could get 9 attacks. To me that sounds like a bit weird design decision to take.. so much RNG.

Think about the damage difference of a non-crit basic Scourge Strike without multistrikes vs an all crit max multistrike Scourge Strike....

Let's say the basic Scourge Strike with those three portions does 100 damage altogether (non-crit). Now if the attack has 6 additional multistrikes (by default roughly 11 damage each) it's a total 166 damage non-crit. If all of them crit its 332 damage.

So 100 vs 332, 332% damage variation from bottom to top. Of course having 9 different sources of damage has nothing to do with the damage variation, just a spammy mess of damage sources..... but still, I think this is a bit weird...

EDIT: Correction to the first line: Multistrike can proc twice for 30% damage each of the initial attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Anyhow, how does multistrike work with abilities which have multiple actions for one keypress? Basically I'm meaning Scourge Strike. Can the both physical and shadow portion proc independent multistrikes and multistrikes for those multistrikes? What about the t17 4pc bonus which is another portion to the SS damage?
    Both the Shadow and Physical part of SS can both crit and multistrike. So if you add in the tier set you have six chances for multistrike with three chances to crit and then sis chances for the multistrikes to also be crits. I worded that weird but essentially it's a whole ton of rng.