True... seems im having to start a new mage on the beta realm, cause when i log my currently level 92 mage, it seems to have a fatal error... yet when i log into other characters, its perfectly fine... Ah well, i can level this one purely Arcane.

Im going to try out a few of the other talents aswell.. since i only used set ones last time i levelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yes. Yes.
    Well then, that's quite broken for Arcane.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Well then, that's quite broken for Arcane.
    Not really. You're balanced around that fact. Remember, mastery is one of the higher conversions. Multistrike is the lowest rating per percent. If anything, it'd be OP on the multistrike specs, since that 5% gives you more in terms of percent. But it's not, you'll be balanced in the end.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-07-01 at 02:15 AM.

Not really. You're balanced around that fact. Remember, mastery is one of the higher conversions. Multistrike is the lowest rating per percent. If anything, it'd be OP on the multistrike specs, since that 5% gives you more in terms of percent. But it's not, you'll be balanced in the end.
    Hmmm. We'll see *shrug* I just can't imagine Arcane's current iteration with another 5%. Obviously, I'm comparing apples (live) to oranges (WoD), but still, we'll see at max level :P

PS: Crit's among the highest conversions and it's getting no love; even less than live due to Int being critless D:
    PPS: Speaking of which, I wonder if Fire's Attunement and CM will stack. Probably not since it's all % based.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Fire's Attunement and CM will stack. Probably not since it's all % based.
    It should.. After all CM is just a modifier on your current crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It should.. After all CM is just a modifier on your current crit chance.
    Well I meant the other way around. Was curious if CM would increase Attunement's value, which it does, but only for CM's side.

In more detailed terms: Attunement's 1.05x multiplier on Crit Rating does NOT affect anything besides your raw Crit Rating (e.g., Molten Armor, Arcane Brilliance, etc. are NOT affected, while an Elixir/Flask of Critical Strike Rating, WILL be increased by Attunement). CM however multiplies EVERYTHING that affects the base single-target Fire skills (FB, FFB, Pyro, and Scorch), so because Attunement affects those 4 skills, CM gets boosted by Attunement, but not the other way around. CM does not get a 1.05x multiplier, because not all your crit comes from rating, obviously, but it is a nice little boost. Hopefully, Attunement will be automatically calculated and shown via character sheet, otherwise, this will be annoying to constantly recalc XD

Meh I read your post wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Meh I read your post wrong..
    Nah, I just didn't explain it well enough :3 All I said was I wondered if it would "stack", haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, the new spell graphics are looking pretty sexy. I sincerely hope a lot of the other Frost and Arcane spells are getting the same treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Something I'm wondering about fire and the alpha, does fire feel pretty much the same for leveling as it did in mop? It looks like leveling changes will be minimal - spam scorch, IB, pyroblast, rinse/wash/repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I have to say, the new spell graphics are looking pretty sexy. I sincerely hope a lot of the other Frost and Arcane spells are getting the same treatment.
    What can be done for Arcane though? Filler has no travel time, and ABarr still looks great. AM you could fix up a bit I suppose... I guess also AE, too?

For Frost, Blizzard's ice shards need to be toned up for sure, Frostbolt could use some new model, and FFB could use some tweaking as they all look outdated. Ice Lance doesn't need a better model because of how insanely fast it flies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Something I'm wondering about fire and the alpha, does fire feel pretty much the same for leveling as it did in mop? It looks like leveling changes will be minimal - spam scorch, IB, pyroblast, rinse/wash/repeat?
    You mean use the actual rotation? I don't really see a problem with that. The only spec that really gets a benefit is Frost due to all the Shatter combos you can do.

Well, Frostbolt looks the same, if it changed, I can't tell.
    Icicles are definitely more sharper, looks a lot better.
    Frost Nova and Ice Nova has better rooted graphic.
    Frozen Orb looks and feels derpy. The frostbolt firing animations is missing, really hope it's a placeholder.

You mean use the actual rotation? I don't really see a problem with that. The only spec that really gets a benefit is Frost due to all the Shatter combos you can do.
    Yes, the actual rotation. Without deep freeze/shatter, I'm a little worried that as the levels go up and the crit strike rate goes down, fire may not level as well as frost. In MoP, I found (and I think others did as well) that fire was able to keep up due to being able to force hot streak's via shatter, and the raw damage fire did made leveling just as effective as frost, while killing things a little faster than frost.

A bit worried that 90-100 will be "everyone back in the frost pool!" for leveling.

Yeah the Frozen Orb change is weird, I don't know why they'd remove the circle of icicles that told you its radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Without deep freeze/shatter, I'm a little worried that as the levels go up and the crit strike rate goes down, fire may not level as well as frost. In MoP, I found (and I think others did as well) that fire was able to keep up due to being able to force hot streak's via shatter, and the raw damage fire did made leveling just as effective as frost, while killing things a little faster than frost.

A bit worried that 90-100 will be "everyone back in the frost pool!" for leveling.
    Except prior to MoP, that's how it's ALWAYS been. Fire's well known for being one of the worst specs early-expansion and one of the best late-expansion due to its ridiculous scaling/crit dependence. I understand why you would be frustrated, but the problem is, well, Blizzard doesn't really give a shit about anything class-related prior to end-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah the Frozen Orb change is weird, I don't know why they'd remove the circle of icicles that told you its radius.
    They removed the WHAT?! You mean the only part that made orb look AMAZING?!

How DARE they remove the flair! *hairflip*

It just looks extremely strange without it, it's an orb that floats forwards and... slows down when near enemies, but because the radius is unchanged it does this before the graphic actually hits anything, but it is still doing damage because the effect is larger than the orb itself.
    Very odd, I want to say probably a placeholder but I don't know why they'd take half out and not put the other half in?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think that's just a graphic bug, because the orb is missing any indication that it actually hits anything or what area it has.
    Right now it's just a blue ball that does damage to everything around for no apparent reason. I seriously doubt that's intended.

Yes. Yes.

Try it out. Nova->Lance or Nova->DF as your pull. It's a nice amount of burst.
    I'll do that, although I promised myself I would switch between arcane and frost each level (i.e. arcane 90->91, frost 91->92, etc.) Hit 92 last night. Currently my perks are really boosting Arcane Missiles, in arcane (enhanced and improved AM), got the +20% damage frostbolt perk in Frost. I may also spec Fire just long enough to see the new spellgraphics...

With the greater emphasis on multistrike over haste for frost are people finding it slow and clunky?

Casting feels slower, but definitely that's due to frost armor not giving haste. Really missing the instant-cast BF-FFB, but other than that it feels largely the same, of course minus the use of the bomb. Right now it feels like BF and FoF aren't proccing all that much, but I can't confirm whether the proc chances were adjusted.