Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    because the new version is better after your beta experiences? I am open to change just letting you know what I am doing with the live skills.
    I want the rotation to have more options and become more complex, not become even simplier/less complex then it it is now.
    Well, this is that path many people would like Blizzard to take, but they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shatter combos were quite rare later in the expansion anyway like that, because you were supposed to have Living Bombs or Nether Tempests on the mobs when pulling them which breaks Freezes anyway. And if you have high level gear then everything except Timeless Isle mobs die practically before they even reach you.

As for WoD, you won't have the Shatter bonus, but for groups of several mobs you'll have Orb+Barrage at your disposal and you can fit 12-13 Orbs in one Alter Time cooldown anyway.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Shatter combos were quite rare later in the expansion anyway like that, because you were supposed to have Living Bombs or Nether Tempests on the mobs when pulling them which breaks Freezes anyway. And if you have high level gear then everything except Timeless Isle mobs die practically before they even reach you.

As for WoD, you won't have the Shatter bonus, but for groups of several mobs you'll have Orb+Barrage at your disposal and you can fit 12-13 Orbs in one Alter Time cooldown anyway.
    yes arcane orb is nice shame its not baseline for arcane mages like frozen orb is for frost mages. Id have enjoyed to have it and the crystal without losing one

Is it worth getting legendary cloak now? Basically i read somewhere that it will be useful for WoD first tier. Well I call BS on that, but would still like someone confirm it.

The proc's not going to work in first tier, people can only use it in raid testing from being level scaled (which makes older legendaries good too!)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    because the new version is better after your beta experiences? I am open to change just letting you know what I am doing with the live skills.

I want the rotation to have more options and become more complex, not become even simplier/less complex then it it is now.
    At least you are not playing fire, which spends like ~70% of its time casting fireball.

Deleted
    Speaking of Fire, what do they know that we don't about Fire's DPS that they'd drop it right back to where it was prior to the most recent buff to Fireball and Pyroblast damage? The spec was actually in a decent spot prior to the most recent build DPS-wise. Wondering if they're going to acknowledge the Talent problem that Komma identified as well: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4636?page=3#49

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Is it worth getting legendary cloak now? Basically i read somewhere that it will be useful for WoD first tier. Well I call BS on that, but would still like someone confirm it.
    I'd assume it'll last until you get an upgrade from heroic 5-mans. The stuff they start the premade 100's in on the Level 100 PvE server is mostly 580-590's.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    Speaking of Fire, what do they know that we don't about Fire's DPS that they'd drop it right back to where it was prior to the most recent buff to Fireball and Pyroblast damage? The spec was actually in a decent spot prior to the most recent build DPS-wise. Wondering if they're going to acknowledge the Talent problem that Komma identified as well: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4636?page=3#49
    They also nerfed Demonology and, according to my friend (who actually tests numbers unlike me, lol), was supposedly underperforming as well. There was an outrage on Twitter, I'll say that much.

Celestalon has been posting a wall of text regarding specs/classes lately. Maybe he'll do one for Mages next *Overly wishful thinking*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

We are close to the deadline, ptr will come soon. Those who are on beta, can say anything on arcane's rotation? I am still confused because of the T17 2p set bonus. Why use evocation if we never go below 80%? Can someone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    We are close to the deadline, ptr will come soon.
    Isn't PTR testing just for the pre-launch event? I don't feel like that'll take a whole month (like the pre-launch event will LAST)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    We are close to the deadline, ptr will come soon. Those who are on beta, can say anything on arcane's rotation? I am still confused because of the T17 2p set bonus. Why use evocation if we never go below 80%? Can someone enlighten me?
    Based on Voltaa's testing that I saw on altered-time, it would seem that a mana burn phase with arcane power is not only viable, but possibly competitive. The 2-set bonus just allows us to have some more sustained dps after leaving the burn phase.

Based on Voltaa's testing that I saw on altered-time, it would seem that a mana burn phase with arcane power is not only viable, but possibly competitive. The 2-set bonus just allows us to have some more sustained dps after leaving the burn phase.
    Shouldn't that be baked into Evocate though? It seems a bit too mandatory for a 2P, especially since it'll only last one tier, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Polar Not really, it's not a spectacular buff, just something to counter the lack of haste early in the expansion.

@Polar Not really, it's not a spectacular buff, just something to counter the lack of haste early in the expansion.
    *Shrug* I guess we'll see in T17 or T18 (if T18 will even exist)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    I'd assume it'll last until you get an upgrade from heroic 5-mans. The stuff they start the premade 100's in on the Level 100 PvE server is mostly 580-590's.
    IIRC, the cloak stops triggering when you reach lvl 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a vendor for T17 gear or how did he test it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if he had the set bonus or not, but it's irrelevant. The set bonus doesn't change anything about the burn phase. However, something I'd like to test is using Evocation with the set bonus before the burst phase instead of after, but then without mana burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Is there a vendor for T17 gear or how did he test it?
    AFAIK, there is not. In fact, there's NO gear vendor on the PvE realm (stuck with i592), while PvP realm gets to test the i660 (i690 in "PvP Mode") gear, AND set bonuses (PS: The Arcane 4P is fun)

Not sure if he had the set bonus or not, but it's irrelevant. The set bonus doesn't change anything about the burn phase.
    Alright, good to hear because I kinda missed it.

However, something I'd like to test is using Evocation with the set bonus before the burst phase instead of after, but then without mana burning.
    How would you call that a "burn" exactly?

Perhaps we should call it "impulsive-yet-regretful-online-shopper".

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I make an effort to differentiate "burst" and "burn" as you can see above, the term burst was used. It's just something to test.

2-set bonus case 1: Do a burn phase, regen with Evocation, have a nice start for a conserve phase.
    2-set bonus case 2: Use Evocation, have a nice start for a burst phase.

That's why I make an effort to differentiate "burst" and "burn" as you can see above, the term burst was used. It's just something to test.

2-set bonus case 1: Do a burn phase, regen with Evocation, have a nice start for a conserve phase.
    2-set bonus case 2: Use Evocation, have a nice start for a burst phase.
    So what exactly is a "burst" phase? Just a conserve phase with wiggle room?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst phase? What's a burst phase with any other class? Using cooldowns and nuking stuff - burst phase = temporarily higher than usual damage