Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Ever since the perk addition and removal, among other things that made the tooltip wrong, I've honestly just ignored the latest tooltip. I think "80% of ignite tick" is accurate now.
    I wonder when they made this change, because last time I checked during the Prismatic Crystal ignite bug fiasco, it was still 40%. I wonder if that means we can use it to get even crazier Combustions.
    It technically is still 40% of live-style Ignite (2s ticks) because it's 80% of 1s ticks which are half as strong.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    Weeeee blast wave!
    It's nothing without the Knockback... God how much I miss this ability I WANT MY KNOCKBACK BACK! T_T

Deleted
    Hrm, seems like I owe you an apology. Sorry for the confusion
    Hmmm, a beer would be nice

Ever since the perk addition and removal, among other things that made the tooltip wrong, I've honestly just ignored the latest tooltip. I think "80% of ignite tick" is accurate now.

I wonder when they made this change, because last time I checked during the Prismatic Crystal ignite bug fiasco, it was still 40%. I wonder if that means we can use it to get even crazier Combustions.
    I thought I would play with the current calculation since they fixed the bug occurred with the Ignite tick time 2s/1s .

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It technically is still 40% of live-style Ignite (2s ticks) because it's 80% of 1s ticks which are half as strong.
    I think so, too, unless "live-style" is 20% on live servers now and instead of 40%. So, damage doubled, yeah!
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-09-16 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    I think so, too, unless "live-style" is 20% on live servers now and instead of 40%. So, damage doubled, yeah!
    Though it sure doesn't feel like it with how pitifully weak it is.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Though it sure doesn't feel like it with how pitifully weak it is.

I know that's the thing, when I use combustion I was expecting a nice DPS uptick, just seems to weak to really make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    It's nothing without the Knockback... God how much I miss this ability I WANT MY KNOCKBACK BACK! T_T
    Try arcane and pick supernova it has a knock back and quite fun to see mobs flying when you use it haha.

Hrm, seems like I owe you an apology. Sorry for the confusion

Hey Komma i'm not sure what is going on here but I just tried two test my ignite was ticking for 1064 the first time and when I used combustion it was ticking for 851. The second was 1694 ignite and combustion was ticking for 1354. Why in that that pic you posted is your combustion higher than your ignite, but mine is vise versa? I can try to get the screen shot posted if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Hey Komma i'm not sure what is going on here but I just tried two test my ignite was ticking for 1064 the first time and when I used combustion it was ticking for 851. The second was 1694 ignite and combustion was ticking for 1354. Why in that that pic you posted is your combustion higher than your ignite, but mine is vise versa? I can try to get the screen shot posted if need be.
    His combustion is ticking less than his ignite - what are you talking about? Those combustion ticks that are higher are criticals - you need to half them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    His combustion is ticking less than his ignite - what are you talking about? Those combustion ticks that are higher are criticals - you need to half them.
    doh, lol ah thx man I missed the one that was 470.

Prismatic Crystal Arcane, Fire: Conjures a prismatic crystal at the target location, which is attackable by only the Mage, and takes 30% additional damage. When the crystal takes damage, it instantly releases a burst of energy dealing that damage, split evenly between all enemies within 8 yards. Frost: Conjures a prismatic crystal at the target location, which is attackable by only the Mage, and takes 50% additional damage. When the crystal takes damage, it instantly releases a burst of energy dealing that damage, split evenly between all enemies within 8 yards. Mage - LvL 0 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Was really worried for a moment that Fire and Arcane would get some buffs to compete with Frost in this build. /headdesk

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Splitting Ice, Arcane Barrage, and Inferno Blast cannot cleave on/off PC. Toned down a bit but I'm still confused with 50% on Frost.

I think it's because frost suffers the most with this non-cleave thing?

I'm confused. Wasn't Prismatic Crystal OVER-performing for frost? Not sure why it got a 20% buff.

Deleted
    Prismatic Crystal now has spec specific tooltips. Crystal takes 50% additional damage for Frost mages, up from 30%.
    LOLWUT

I just...what. Why.

Inferno Blast cannot cleave on/off PC
    I haven't kept track of beta changes for a week or two, but when did this happen?
    Last edited by mmoc10cc32555d; 2014-09-18 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    LOLWUT

I just...what. Why.
    And Evanesce still doesn't work with Regenerative Ice.

Makes me happy to know that this late into Beta we're still having extreme retard moments by Blizzard c: (/sarcasm)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    I haven't kept track of beta changes for a week or two, but when did this happen?
    This build.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    This build.
    Doesn't this make PC borderline worthless to Fire then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't this make PC borderline worthless to Fire then?
    /shrug

I don't Fire, I was under the impression Komma had the top sim running Meteor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    /shrug

I don't Fire, I was under the impression Komma had the top sim running Meteor anyway.
    PC was highest - by like a trivial margin. it's a pretty heavy nerf, since it hits combustion quite hard if you're lining them up (which I believe he was?)

Deleted
    Yeah, PC will be quite worthless to Fire with this change. Doesn't really bother me anyways, the spell is too wonky for my liking in the first place. I think the only situation it would be worth using is with a large group of mobs and Living Bomb now.