Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I actually have a few binds that I specifically switch out based on the encounters, however it's usually for fight-specific macros. While this concept can be expanded to those extra abilities that may or may not be useful on encounters, the question becomes whether that's good design or not.
    For a Druid tank, I would say the design is very, very poor. The majority of our utility require us to shift out of our tanking form in order to use them and, if Blizzard wants tanks to actively tank something more often, then all of that utility becomes useless. We have a couple of ways around this through our lvl 90 talents, HotW and DoC, so that we have the ability to throw some minor off-heals/battle rez in form, if necessary, but that doesn't solve the problem of all of the other things we have.

of the other things we have.
    What, specifically, are you referring to here?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    What, specifically, are you referring to here?
    Cyclone, Dash, Entangling Roots, Hibernate, Remove Corruption, and Soothe, along with Healing Touch, Rejuv, and Rebirth, which need a talent to be used in Bear Form, and Cat Form abilities. All of these are given to us and require us to shapeshift out of Bear Form to use. Whatever you consider useful or not from this list, Blizzard sees this as our utility.
    Last edited by Callsignecho; 2014-05-13 at 12:02 AM.

Blizzard sees this as our utility.
    Source on this? I don't think this is as accurate as you claim.

Source on this? I don't think this is as accurate as you claim.
    I don't have any sources. It's what we have. It's what we are given. What else would be our utility? Nature's Grasp? Most of our talent tree? Why are we given so much stuff that isn't useful or viable in Bear Form? What sets us apart from other Druids? What sets us apart from other tanks?

Most of our talent tree?
    This part.

Most of the things you listed don't even have a use in a PvE environment anyway, or are covered by someone else with better/easier access to it. Dash is the only one I've ever used on a semi-regular basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone taken a look at the SoO/ToT trinkets with 6.0 stats? The CDR trinkets, for example, are changed to Readiness, making AoC usable by bears, right? What trinkets do you think we are going to use compared to now, for survival/DPS/RPS?
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Hard to say, nothing is finalized, readiness isnt even in its true form, as blizzard said to not look at the current abilities affected by it right now, as they will change.

Deleted
    Remove Bear-hug and then make a perk for it? That's a doozy

Quote Originally Posted by tsuteymanga View Post
    Remove Bear-hug and then make a perk for it? That's a doozy
    Perk was made before Bear Hug was removed. Just hasn't been replaced yet.

It happened the other way actually... I'm kinda sad now because of that change while leveling i started using bear hug a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    I don't have any sources. It's what we have. It's what we are given. What else would be our utility? Nature's Grasp? Most of our talent tree? Why are we given so much stuff that isn't useful or viable in Bear Form? What sets us apart from other Druids? What sets us apart from other tanks?
    Stampeding Roar, Off Healing Via our level 90 talents, Knockbacks, Vortex, AoE roots. This is bear utility, essentially the same as what a Cat/Chicken brings

They should replace bash on our talent tree with bear hug for guardian specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Stampeding Roar, Off Healing Via our level 90 talents, Knockbacks, Vortex, AoE roots. This is bear utility, essentially the same as what a Cat/Chicken brings
    Hopefully, they'll nerf dizzying haze, because as long as monks have that, it will eclipse all other tanks in terms of kiting..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Hopefully, they'll nerf dizzying haze, because as long as monks have that, it will eclipse all other tanks in terms of kiting..
    i think blizzard is perfectly happy to let each one spec outshine its competitors in one or two very niche aspects.

For example:
    Warriors will still be the most mobile with Charge+Intervene+Heroic Leap
    Death knights will still have the best single-add-pulling mechanic (death grip) (and with Chilblains and Glyph of DnN they are no slouches at kiting either)
    Brewmasters have the best add pulling/kiting tool (Dizzying Haze)... etc...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I guess... it's kinda amazing how monks are the only tank people use to kite garrosh adds thou. That simple fact cost me a chance at tanking since my guild decided they needed to recruit a monk to kite on garrosh ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i think blizzard is perfectly happy to let each one spec outshine its competitors in one or two very niche aspects.

For example:
    Warriors will still be the most mobile with Charge+Intervene+Heroic Leap
    Death knights will still have the best single-add-pulling mechanic (death grip) (and with Chilblains and Glyph of DnN they are no slouches at kiting either)
    Brewmasters have the best add pulling/kiting tool (Dizzying Haze)... etc...
    I'm curious to know what are the niches that guardians outshine the competitors with, in your opinion.

I guess... it's kinda amazing how monks are the only tank people use to kite garrosh adds thou. That simple fact cost me a chance at tanking since my guild decided they needed to recruit a monk to kite on garrosh ;/
    I really hate this kind of guilds and I would never join one like this. My previous guild had this idea of any tank > guardian druid and always made me feel this way, but never replaced me with some1 else based on that, and that was okay with me. With my current guild I never felt so, and actually tanks are picked on most xp, gear, presence, and performance, and Im always picked to raid, they let me the be guardian I want and never wbother with such details as long as I do what I'm required to do and stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    So how do you guys feel about Guardian as a WOD main at this point?
    My Druid tank has been my main for a very long time but gotta say the spec seems to offer less in WOD. Sure Pulverize sounds fun and they're making necessary changes to comfort rotation by removing CDs on Lacerate and Trash -- but Gladiator Stance seems very exciting and brings something very unique to Warrior.

but Gladiator Stance seems very exciting and brings something very unique to Warrior.
    I don't know what relevance this has to tanking. Like. At all.

I don't know what relevance this has to tanking. Like. At all.
    It does not. It has relevance in my eyes to the appeal of playing Prot Warrior vs any other tank in the game.
    You can switch on-demand from competitive tank to competitive DPS with the same character, same gear, same enchants by just clicking on a button.
    I wonder what Guardian has to offer to compensate for that. Why would players be okay to play a competitive tank spec when you can be both as a warrior?
    I don't mean to bash Guardians - I am wondering whether I missed something that'd make Guardian competitive tanks + little something else.