Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think it will be that huge of a deal, especially considering every other caster is going to want to stop and cast too. Everything from Raid to PvP are supposed to be redesigned with less mobility in mind. Granted I don't trust Blizzard any further than I can throw their corporate headquarters, but until we get to play it, its going to be hard to judge just how good or bad it will be ( especially compared to other classes)

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Remember that all new raid encounters will be designed with the lack of movement and instant-casts in mind. The fact that Elemental won't be able to be so mobile isn't a real issue, it'll be balanced accordingly.

The issue today though is that balancing the classes and their specs means everything is within a 0.5% range of each other, when years ago it was sometimes a 15% difference between classes. Just relax, the Beta isn't even out yet. Once it is, then you can provide the feedback and information to Blizzard.
    Every single expansion people give this excuse to a class that is faced with a straight up nerf. In cata and wrath we heard this excuse, and the nerfs went live, and elemental was TERRIBLE! So much so that they buffed shaman several times in each patch to catch them up.

"Don't worry guys it's only alpha"... "Don't worry guys it's only beta"... "Don't worry guys it will be fixed next patch"... "Don't worry guys it will be fixed next expansion"... Such a dumb way of thinking. If we don't say something how else are they going to know they are messing up? They have a really bad rep of doing test on their own and coming back with really bad results that wouldn't happen in the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Like many other shamans, I'm also switching to Enh for the next xpac. Taking away LB while moving while keeping lock and hunter mobility is a slap in the face.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Alpha notes are alpha notes.
    So it begins....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    So... No lightning bolt while moving !?!?!?

Death of progression elemental raiding... oh, and the real kicker, warlocks get to keep theirs??
    It only took until the second sentence for that word to pop up.

Relax. You'll be just fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Remember that all new raid encounters will be designed with the lack of movement and instant-casts in mind. The fact that Elemental won't be able to be so mobile isn't a real issue, it'll be balanced accordingly.

The issue today though is that balancing the classes and their specs means everything is within a 0.5% range of each other, when years ago it was sometimes a 15% difference between classes. Just relax, the Beta isn't even out yet. Once it is, then you can provide the feedback and information to Blizzard.
    I hope you're right. However, I have fears that ele will be equal in standing still DPS with other classes... so in every other situation we will fall behind. And we loose our utility (SLT, HTT), have no immunities, but have exceptional cleave damage.

while removing casting while moving is not that big of a deal, blizzard should really just make all spells be castable while moving as its an outdated mechanic, and then this allows the development of added raid mechanics which consist of lots of movement or periods of constant movement, a player being bale to be 100% effective while moving would also define players being unable to achieve this, but alas blizzard are too old fashioned and will never implement this.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    This is a ridiculous complaint. Without criticism, alpha notes quickly become beta notes which quickly become release notes.
    The difference being you don't actually get a chance to test alpha notes unless you're in among a select few. Plenty will test the beta notes, and be able to give actual [I]informed/I] feedback instead of kneejerk reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Like many other shamans, I'm also switching to Enh for the next xpac. Taking away LB while moving while keeping lock and hunter mobility is a slap in the face.
    Do destro warlocks even take KJC these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    It only took until the second sentence for that word to pop up.

Relax. You'll be just fine.
    People said the same thing you're saying for marks hunters for MoP. Where are they at again? Oh, right, the bottom.

Elemental is one of the lowest single target DPS in the game, and that's with the moving while casting from lightning bolt. Without that ability, or any compensation, we will be dead last by quite a bit.

hey guys, i know it's just the alpha notes, and the beta is months out with many more months after that before the actual game is released, and that i have yet to play any of it to see which classes and specs are performing the best... but im furious, this will totally ruin <insert class/spec here>, so im quitting if this goes live.

so glad i'll only be reading this about a thousand times over the next 6 months.

It will definitely increase the gap between an okay Elemental Shaman and a good one.

With the buff to searing totem, increased health pools (the damage of out abilities has always been capped by being too bursty),and frost shock off the shared shock CD we'll have to see how it plays out in beta. I don't really have high hopes because shamans tend to get neglected.

Two words:

Shadow Priest.

Never cast while moving. Still viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Elemental isn't dead.
    No its now just a Dumb Fire Turret spec and not a very good one at that .. mages are better turrets than Ele. hell they even took away Ele survivability with HTT going resto only, lost count how many times that totem has saved my ass due to ele taking stupidly absurd amounts of physical damage.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2014-04-04 at 01:46 PM.

I still say that, regardless of "class balance" and whatnot, it will make playing my Elemental Shaman purely unenjoyable, and therefore I'll probably be switching classes for the first time since I started playing. Thanks Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    The sky is falling already? Damn, it's only been, what two hours?

Relax, they said they'll balance around this (recent tweet, not gonna bother looking for it) and everyone's getting the Arcane mage treatment (less movement).
    This was in relation to PvP only where Ele will once again be nothing more than a free HK.

First..

"So... No lightning bolt while moving !?!?!?

Death of progression elemental raiding..."

Because Ele has never had a point in it's life where it could not cast while moving. Oh wait.

Also. I'm 100% all for these changes if it means reducing overall moving while casting.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Two words:

Shadow Priest.

Never cast while moving. Still viable.
    I didn't realize being 20%+ behind on dps was considered viable.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    I still say that, regardless of "class balance" and whatnot, it will make playing my Elemental Shaman purely unenjoyable, and therefore I'll probably be switching classes for the first time since I started playing. Thanks Blizzard.
    This. Game just isn't going to be fun anymore. This change coupled with no flight is why I unsubscribed a few months ago when they announced both changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I love the comments trying to walk people off the ledge "It's okay, OP. Just give me the knife. It's just alpha."

I recently dusted off my Electric Shamalama and so...I don't care. I keep forgetting I can move while casting lol.