Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    I feel your pain.

I am a raid leader and I am debating my position in the raid once WoD hits because of just how badly WoD is panning out. And while I stare at my little corner with my packet of cookies, I am questioning whether I really want to keep battling (been going as Resto Shaman since vanilla and it has felt like an uphill battle the whole time) or simply just give up and play my druid or priest in WoD 20man mythic. None of the options fill me with much joy and none of it makes me look forward to WoD, even after the nightmarish long SoO tier..
    Real uphill, especially in TBC when every other healer was benched just to buff preraid so the shamans could heal cuz of bloodlust... Or in wotlk when chain heal ruled and only 1 disc priest was needed...

Dont forget in vanilla how tremor totems were required for horde to do any fear mechanic. Real uphill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Real uphill, especially in TBC when every other healer was benched just to buff preraid so the shamans could heal cuz of bloodlust...
    Druids were superior tank healers in BC and Priests actually excelled once spreading mechanics came into play. So this boils down to paladins. Though all round performance surely placed the shaman in first place.

Or in wotlk when chain heal ruled and only 1 disc priest was needed...
    When did Chain Heal rule in WotLK? Surely not in Naxx or Ulduar. It was snipe healing time back then. Chain Heal was so bad that they had to buff it for TotC (increased jump range and reduced healing depreciation). The last two bosses in totc had mechanics that made priests very useful. ICC was a giant free ride for discipline priests especially the lich king where two of them were almost mandatory for first kills due to defile.

Dont forget in vanilla how tremor totems were required for horde to do any fear mechanic. Real uphill.
    And when shaman healing sucked in general because the mana regeneration basically had to come from gear via Mp5 and the whole talent tree was worth basically around 300 extra healing spellpower compared to an elemental shaman, because crucial percentage based talents were bugged for the duration of the whole expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc8f3116fa42; 2014-09-20 at 05:04 PM.

ok so how about to get back to the basics of shammy healing what stats to go for in wod and what to spec in wod and as well the glyphs all i see is ppl talking about how healing was back in the day WOD is around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by enixmax View Post
    ok so how about to get back to the basics of shammy healing what stats to go for in wod and what to spec in wod and as well the glyphs all i see is ppl talking about how healing was back in the day WOD is around the corner
    There are pretty much no mandatory glyphs, all of them seem situational.

Itemization on loot isn't finalized yet. So I wouldn't worry about stats yet, I would imagine something with mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by EKUEOLOFi View Post
    I see a lot of people QQing on this thread about CH cooldown on the glyph, what do we do in between CH? i cant spam it QQ... HTT got nerfed and its weaker than the rest of the healer's cooldowns, i want HTT to be staronger even though i can cast other spells after i put it down QQ..

I am not in the beta, and this is only my opinion, but people should actually try rather than cry.

To those that dont know what to do in between CH, try 2 HWs, you do get TW stacks u know. And in a world where players are mostly never topped off on a fight, our mastery looks kinda OP.

Shamans may look weak, but you cant measure a spec's strength on WoD based on how big the heals are, someone has to play the character.

I am sill gonna play a resto Shammy and i will do my best to kick some ass on the meters, show some droods and H-priests wassup with us.
    Your post is so retarded I don't know where to begin. Like you said, you're not in beta, it clearly shows, the reason people are crying is because our toolkit is clunky and terribly under-tuned compared to resto druids, holy priests, and holy paladins. Our talent tree is a joke, more than half the talents aren't even viable because of how poorly designed they are, so much for having options - even the no-brainer talent choices are underwhelming and just sad when compared to what other healers get to choose from. Shamans look weak because they are weak, contrary to what you said you can actually measure a spec's strength on their throughput; the point of a healer is to heal, the more effective they are at healing and mitigating damage, the stronger they are, hence the QQ, we comparatively are shit.

The CH cooldown on the glyph was just unnecessary and felt like salt in our already gaping wounds, prior to that patch it seemed like the next logical change was for them to remove the glyph and make the extra range baseline since mana was the limiting factor on us being able to spam CH, yes it was very high throughout after they buffed it by 100% but it was extremely mana intensive and not even close to being overpowered, its hps/m was still below druid and priest abilities. Contrary to common belief the healing environment on the beta isn't everybody sub-70% at all times, casting CH the majority of the time is inefficient and not worth it as a large amount of will go to overhealing, most of the fights tested so far have moments of large raid damage at frequent intervals, where being able to cast 2-3 Chain Heals right in a row would make sense, then not casting it for 15-40 seconds. CH is our only tool for spread healing, which is basically every fight, the glyph ruins it for us, hence the QQ.

Most of the videos i see on mythic or heroic dungeon testing lack good spell timings and decisions. Of course people don't know the encounters as they barely have time to do them.
    Not having timers isn't exclusive to resto shaman, all healers are struggling with the same issues.

Currently for talents Elemental Mastery and Conductivity are leagues better than anything else in their tier. EM can be used to boost HTT which helps it tremendously, and most of the encounters damage patterns call for frequent moments of high throughout so having an additional cooldown to help us meet the throughput needs is nice. Conductivity is just all around awesome, it saves us a huge amount of mana, time spent recasting HR, and a fair number of GCDs, on top of that the other two options in this tier are absolute garbage. Level 90 tier is looking like EB will be mandatory to maintain our mana, PE is still nice but EB just feels so mandatory we aren't really given a choice. For the level 100 tier it's a tossup between High Tide and Condensation Totem, Air Elemental is absolute trash. Most fights I'll be going with High Tide, it's a shaman how terrible CH is without it and CH being one of our core abilities not having HT is just a huge nerf to us. The only time I'd take Condensation is on fights where I just won't be casting CH much, so far the only fight I've found it preferable on is Iron Maidens, but with raid timers it'll be easier to get more out of it so maybe it'll pull ahead on a few more fights.

It's too soon for a definitive answer on stat priorities but I've been using spirit > mastery > crit > multistrike > haste and am inclined to think for the first tier this will be optimal. Since mana is such a limiting factor and our mastery scaling is pathetic crit might be more valuable than mastery, but I just don't see multistrike pulling ahead of mastery for throughput, and haste I haven't tried enough to give a fair opinion on it, but mana is so limiting I can't imagine stacking haste the first tier would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Barrun; 2014-09-20 at 10:50 AM.

I see a lot of people QQing on this thread about CH cooldown on the glyph, what do we do in between CH? i cant spam it QQ... HTT got nerfed and its weaker than the rest of the healer's cooldowns, i want HTT to be staronger even though i can cast other spells after i put it down QQ..

I am not in the beta, and this is only my opinion, but people should actually try rather than cry.

To those that dont know what to do in between CH, try 2 HWs, you do get TW stacks u know. And in a world where players are mostly never topped off on a fight, our mastery looks kinda OP.

Shamans may look weak, but you cant measure a spec's strength on WoD based on how big the heals are, someone has to play the character.

I am sill gonna play a resto Shammy and i will do my best to kick some ass on the meters, show some droods and H-priests wassup with us.
    We really are weak at the current state. Hopefully it'll be fixed with further tuning, but see here objective logs from yesterday's beta testing:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/all/7

For example here is a 7:20 min attempt:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...1&type=healing

Notice how the druid is 47.3% percentage higher than the shaman on overall healing even though he died earlier.

If we zoom to the parts both are alive, he's 77% higher:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...577&end=999725

This isn't only in a single log but a recurring pattern. Just go over the public logs and see it again and again. The only way we can currently try to compete is spamming chain heal with high tide and then we are OOM pretty early in the fight. Other styles of healing which are less mana costly (e.g. single target, cloudburst, etc) seem to fall short in handling the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    Druids were superior tank healers in BC and Priests actually excelled once spreading mechanics came into play. So this boils down to paladins. Though all round performance surely placed the shaman in first place.

When did Chain Heal rule in WotLK? Surely not in Naxx or Ulduar. It was snipe healing time back then. Chain Heal was so bad that they had to buff it for TotC (increased jump range and reduced healing depreciation). The last two bosses in totc had mechanics that made priests very useful. ICC was a giant free ride for discipline priests especially the lich king where two of them were almost mandatory for first kills due to defile.

And when shaman healing sucked in general because the mana regeneration basically had to come from gear via Mp5 and the whole talent tree was worth basically around 300 extra healing spellpower compared to an elemental shaman, because crucial percentage based talents were bugged for the duration of the whole expansion.
    And disc priests had divine spirit for their 31pt lol.

Druids did r4 only spam and existed to rebirth and innervate priests, with highest SP druid doing rejuv on tank in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    We really are weak at the current state. Hopefully it'll be fixed with further tuning, but see here objective logs from yesterday's beta testing:

Notice how the druid is 47.3% percentage higher than the shaman on overall healing even though he died earlier.

This isn't only in a single log but a recurring pattern. Just go over the public logs and see it again and again. The only way we can currently try to compete is spamming chain heal with high tide and then we are OOM pretty early in the fight. Other styles of healing which are less mana costly (e.g. single target, cloudburst, etc) seem to fall short in handling the damage.
    We aren't the highest but not as far behind as you say, the log you linked looks like the druid is abusing some sort of bug (22% of healing from a talent, yeah right). I'd say we're still slightly behind druids and priests (no idea about monks) and you're right about spamming chain heal w/ high tide to keep up, but it's looking much better than it did earlier in the beta.

Really, treant healing touch #1 druid heal? Sounds like that talent needs the nerf hammer brought down on it.

Deleted
    I think that the buffed the treant too much. When I seen the patch notes it look like it was too much. I feel confident that the treant is not going to stay that powerful If it does make it to live, sod it I will roll druid and win lol

10+ Year Old Account
    For stats I did this writeup based on the data from Healercalcs. It is opinion though.

Thinking Shaman stat priority on non spirit pieces will be Mastery>Crit>MS>Vers>Haste. Mastery/Crit being the optimal pieces. On spirit pieces thinking Spirit/Mastery unless we have EXTREME mana problems in Mythic in which case Crit/Spirit would outweigh it. If mana problems are non-existent (which is NOT the case on Beta) Multistrike will outweigh Crit by a point or two. But this is only in a situation where mana is meaningless.

This was written honestly expecting Haste scaling to be removed from Tide. If they continue buffing us by tinkering with Healing Stream and Tide then expect Haste to rise fast since reliably ~30% of our healing can come from those and they scale as HoT's do giving partial tics. Easily above versatility and probably neck and neck with Crit and Multistrike.
    Last edited by TheFNK; 2014-09-20 at 10:03 PM.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Regarding stats, the problem is we won't have much control over what we stack or prioritise with reforging gone and gem sockets being rare. We get what we get, are slaved to the RNG system even more than on live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Regarding stats, the problem is we won't have much control over what we stack or prioritise with reforging gone and gem sockets being rare. We get what we get, are slaved to the RNG system even more than on live.
    Not necessarily. Your BiS won't/shouldn't change. And a lot of loot systems will award loot preference to BiS gear especially given the fact that it will be rarer to see than usual. We will be running a system assigning value on each piece based on the stats relative value which doesn't seem to be uncommon and that will funnel gear to the people it is best for with a few caveats. In that case it is indeed valuable to have an idea what gear is best for you. Not to mention being able to shoot for pre-raid BiS and the like.

I do agree with the fact that the lack of reforging will change the ease of optimization greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    Your post is so retarded I don't know where to begin. Like you said, you're not in beta, it clearly shows, the reason people are crying is because our toolkit is clunky and terribly under-tuned compared to resto druids, holy priests, and holy paladins. Our talent tree is a joke, more than half the talents aren't even viable because of how poorly designed they are, so much for having options - even the no-brainer talent choices are underwhelming and just sad when compared to what other healers get to choose from. Shamans look weak because they are weak, contrary to what you said you can actually measure a spec's strength on their throughput; the point of a healer is to heal, the more effective they are at healing and mitigating damage, the stronger they are, hence the QQ, we comparatively are shit.

The CH cooldown on the glyph was just unnecessary and felt like salt in our already gaping wounds, prior to that patch it seemed like the next logical change was for them to remove the glyph and make the extra range baseline since mana was the limiting factor on us being able to spam CH, yes it was very high throughout after they buffed it by 100% but it was extremely mana intensive and not even close to being overpowered, its hps/m was still below druid and priest abilities. Contrary to common belief the healing environment on the beta isn't everybody sub-70% at all times, casting CH the majority of the time is inefficient and not worth it as a large amount of will go to overhealing, most of the fights tested so far have moments of large raid damage at frequent intervals, where being able to cast 2-3 Chain Heals right in a row would make sense, then not casting it for 15-40 seconds. CH is our only tool for spread healing, which is basically every fight, the glyph ruins it for us, hence the QQ.

Not having timers isn't exclusive to resto shaman, all healers are struggling with the same issues.

Currently for talents Elemental Mastery and Conductivity are leagues better than anything else in their tier. EM can be used to boost HTT which helps it tremendously, and most of the encounters damage patterns call for frequent moments of high throughout so having an additional cooldown to help us meet the throughput needs is nice. Conductivity is just all around awesome, it saves us a huge amount of mana, time spent recasting HR, and a fair number of GCDs, on top of that the other two options in this tier are absolute garbage. Level 90 tier is looking like EB will be mandatory to maintain our mana, PE is still nice but EB just feels so mandatory we aren't really given a choice. For the level 100 tier it's a tossup between High Tide and Condensation Totem, Air Elemental is absolute trash. Most fights I'll be going with High Tide, it's a shaman how terrible CH is without it and CH being one of our core abilities not having HT is just a huge nerf to us. The only time I'd take Condensation is on fights where I just won't be casting CH much, so far the only fight I've found it preferable on is Iron Maidens, but with raid timers it'll be easier to get more out of it so maybe it'll pull ahead on a few more fights.

It's too soon for a definitive answer on stat priorities but I've been using spirit > mastery > crit > multistrike > haste and am inclined to think for the first tier this will be optimal. Since mana is such a limiting factor and our mastery scaling is pathetic crit might be more valuable than mastery, but I just don't see multistrike pulling ahead of mastery for throughput, and haste I haven't tried enough to give a fair opinion on it, but mana is so limiting I can't imagine stacking haste the first tier would be a good idea.

Obviously u misinterpreted my post completely. My message was of encouragement for the Shaman community, its sad you focused on the wrong part of my post and tried to pick it appart.

I did however get my hands on the beta yesterday and gave it my best try, only Druids were able to beat my shammy in healing, and we all know they are overtuned.

I stacked as much mastery as i could followed by crit. I sat at almost 70% mastery, and was criting for over 170K HW and HS on tanks when they were really low due to our mastery. In my eye this makes us really strong as i mentioned on my previous post.

I use Unleashed Fury and Cloudburst Totem Talents together with Echo of Elemnts (OP must try) , this too are EXTREMELY good, aside from most of the QQing shammys do on this forum thread.

For Glyphs I used: Chaining, Spiritwalker's Focus (OP since all fights require lots of movement), and Healing Stream Totem/Healing Wave depending if the fight had Frost, Fire or Nature Damage.

If these spells are "timed" properly, we are talking player spells here not BOSS spells and when is the best time to use them. Our healing sits on a really good spot as is.

Main thing is to USE ALL YOUR TIDAL WAVE STACKS, don't be caught on the "CH spam theory" which obviously does not work. Here's how i played this build:

1. Use all your TW satcks.
    2. Use EoE proc for Unleahsed Life (remember 50% extra healing next HV HS with the talent) unless its on cooldown. If so use it to Riptide 2ice.
    3. CBT adn HST both have a 30sec cd and their effects last 15 secs, make sure you have them up CONSTANTLY.
    4. Use our Trhoughput CD smartly, make sure you dont stack it with other healers unless necessary.
    5. Spirit's Walk is on a 1min cd, dont be afraid to use it, it helps out a lot.

PS: i only used Conductivity on 1 encounter, ran Rushing Streams in all the rest. And no riptide Glyph, makes riptide too weak. And our toolkit is clunky if you only spam CH imo. The build i ran had mroe toold to work with i.e.: Echo of Elemts procs, and CBT, which at times healed the whole raid for 9k! depending on how much i was able to build up the burst.

Thank you for sharing this logs, it was very interesting, but i see a lack of testing here, most of the logs i looked at were CH based builds.

In the reply to Barrum you'll see what build I've tried on the beta, mind you i had limited time on it, will get on again today.

I have seen your videos on youtube Koor, you have done a lot of testing for us that didnt have beta access.

I do not have logs or didnt take screenshots, might do that tonight to back this post up, but as i said, only druids were able to beat me in healing and not by an absurd margin, and we all know they are overtuned.

Give that build up top a try and let me know how it went please. I was using the tier pieces, but i barely benefited from the bonuses as they seem to only be targeted at CH heavy usage.

Crits for 170+k? sound pretty good to me man.
    Let me know how it went if you try it out EKUEOLOFi#1743
    Last edited by EKUEOLOFi; 2014-09-21 at 01:33 AM.

I think the single target style of healing, even after the buff, still isn't tuned high enough to be competitive with high tide.

Unleashed Fury can be beneficial for Healing Surge -- it improves its HPM by about 60%. However it can only be used reliably every 15 seconds. More often with Echo of the Elements procs, but it's clunky to use. Often we have to consume the proc on riptide since we get the proc when Unleashed Elements is on cooldown, and then we can't wait up to 15 seconds without casting riptide as that will be a large HPS loss, as well as loss of additional potential procs.

But still, high tide CH when used at its full potential, is about the same HPM, yet 30% higher HPS, and can be casted more often.

Cloudburst feels undertuned at the moment. Its tooltip says it splits healing between all injured players, but it actually considers players at full HP as well, reducing its effectiveness. We also need to plan it 15 seconds in advance. For such an effort I think it should heal for much more, as any timing mistake causing early recall reduces its HPS.

I think the single target style of healing, even after the buff, still isn't tuned high enough to be competitive with high tide.

Unleashed Fury can be beneficial for Healing Surge -- it improves its HPM by about 60%. However it can only be used reliably every 15 seconds. More often with Echo of the Elements procs, but it's clunky to use. Often we have to consume the proc on riptide since we get the proc when Unleashed Elements is on cooldown, and then we can't wait up to 15 seconds without casting riptide as that will be a large HPS loss, as well as loss of additional potential procs.

But still, high tide CH when used at its full potential, is about the same HPM, yet 30% higher HPS, and can be casted more often.

Cloudburst feels undertuned at the moment. Its tooltip says it splits healing between all injured players, but it actually considers players at full HP as well, reducing its effectiveness. We also need to plan it 15 seconds in advance. For such an effort I think it should heal for much more, as any timing mistake causing early recall reduces its HPS.
    Valid points. I think on paper and Spell by Spell CH HT form of play may be "better". It definetly does not show on the logs to be too effective, and there is a lack of logs portraying other types of playstyle.

Give the build a try as a whole, it works for me and i felt competitive vs pally's and priests. I feel more control from the combination of spells I was working with, and control helps overall effectiveness, past HPS or HPM you put out.

And CBT does not heal full HP targets as far a I saw. When I used it and the whole raid was topped off I didnt see a single heal. Also, there is 15 secs of build up time for CBT, its not too complicated to use properly, and i saw more positive than negative results when using it, ranging from 3k-9k heals in many targets, mos effective when used with ascendance 13k cross raid that ive seen. I need to post some logs.
    Last edited by EKUEOLOFi; 2014-09-21 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the real problem with Cloudburst is that you need to dump mana every time to use it to full potential. And even if you time it perfectly. Get it charged without ooming yourself or being too inefficient. Even then you still are going to break even with High Tide. And High Tide just has you doing what you would normally do (riptide on CD, ele blast on cd, h rain on or near cd, HST on or near cd) besides requiring some smart riptide targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Yeah the real problem with Cloudburst is that you need to dump mana every time to use it to full potential. And even if you time it perfectly. Get it charged without ooming yourself or being too inefficient. Even then you still are going to break even with High Tide. And High Tide just has you doing what you would normally do (riptide on CD, ele blast on cd, h rain on or near cd, HST on or near cd) besides requiring some smart riptide targeting.
    Yes. It looks like it could be useful when an encounter has a periodic damage burst pattern rather than sustained damage, since for sustained damage why take the totem and delay our healing 15 seconds? It's better to use high tide and heal earlier.

But here is the problem -- if there is a periodic burst, it means that in the 15 seconds charge-up time before it, there isn't much damage. So we need to waste a lot of mana for the totem charge, maybe even just cast spells to charge even if they overheal.

This means that we get little benefit from our mastery during the charge period -- we need to use cheap spells in the first place not to OOM ourselves, and they don't get mastery benefit since there isn't much damage.

Then once the big damage happens and the totem expires, its ticks don't benefit from our mastery, it heals everyone for the same amount regardless of their HP.

- - - Updated - - -

Valid points. I think on paper and Spell by Spell CH HT form of play may be "better". It definetly does not show on the logs to be too effective, and there is a lack of logs portraying other types of playstyle.

Give the build a try as a whole, it works for me and i felt competitive vs pally's and priests. I feel more control from the combination of spells I was working with, and control helps overall effectiveness, past HPS or HPM you put out.

And CBT does not heal full HP targets as far a I saw. When I used it and the whole raid was topped off I didnt see a single heal. Also, there is 15 secs of build up time for CBT, its not too complicated to use properly, and i saw more positive than negative results when using it, ranging from 3k-9k heals in many targets, mos effective when used with ascendance 13k cross raid that ive seen. I need to post some logs.
    I just retested CBT near the target dummy. I enabled nameplates, dropped the totem, casted one healing surge on myself which overhealed 16136, then it expired and healed all full HP players around for 230 each:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2dlrin6.png

I tried single target healing + CBT style during the last Beastlord Darmac mythic testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFJsf2nGfk

The first attempt used Echo of the Elements + Conductivity + Unleashed Fury + Cloudburst. Second and third attempts used Rushing Streams instead, and last attempt used high tide. I forgot to log, but there is a skada breakdown in the video.

Yes. It looks like it could be useful when an encounter has a periodic damage burst pattern rather than sustained damage, since for sustained damage why take the totem and delay our healing 15 seconds? It's better to use high tide and heal earlier.

But here is the problem -- if there is a periodic burst, it means that in the 15 seconds charge-up time before it, there isn't much damage. So we need to waste a lot of mana for the totem charge, maybe even just cast spells to charge even if they overheal.

This means that we get little benefit from our mastery during the charge period -- we need to use cheap spells in the first place not to OOM ourselves, and they don't get mastery benefit since there isn't much damage.

Then once the big damage happens and the totem expires, its ticks don't benefit from our mastery, it heals everyone for the same amount regardless of their HP.

- - - Updated - - -

I just retested CBT near the target dummy. I enabled nameplates, dropped the totem, casted one healing surge on myself which overhealed 16136, then it expired and healed all full HP players around for 230 each:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2dlrin6.png

I tried single target healing + CBT style during the last Beastlord Darmac mythic testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFJsf2nGfk

The first attempt used Echo of the Elements + Conductivity + Unleashed Fury + Cloudburst. Second and third attempts used Rushing Streams instead, and last attempt used high tide. I forgot to log, but there is a skada breakdown in the video.
    This was a really good video. I wish i was set up to share one. Chaining definetly increases your overall healing, but at the same time, you had mana problems early, and the cloudburst totem wasnt used as often as i would use it.

I would have played that differently, ranging from gear to flask to glyphs, etc.. and i think that is good for us on the long run.

I subbed btw
    Last edited by EKUEOLOFi; 2014-09-21 at 05:01 AM.

True my cloudburst totem use wasn't optimal, I guess it'll improve with practice, but that's also part of the reason I think it's currently undertuned.
    There is a higher effort involved in making effective use of it, therefore in the best case it should be tuned to reward us more than the "take and forget" high tide.