Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Yes, but how much it absorbs is limited. It's a waste to use to to absorb some dot damage when you know bigger burst will be coming 10 seconds later.
    It feels like that only becomes true in theory if you think the dot damage will be overhealed. Otherwise you are in most situations better off making sure you use Twilight Ward on CD. IMO there's too many factors to take into consideration to confidently always save it for "burst" damage.

Deleted
    if you enemy is not warrior cleave its always worth using it

gonna put this one out there it doesnt absorb melee, only shadow and holy minus the glyph to all schools

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    gonna put this one out there it doesnt absorb melee, only shadow and holy minus the glyph to all schools
    Who said it does?

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    If you have the PvP gear set it absorbs all magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you have the PvP gear set it absorbs all magic.
    Give him a break. Reading set bonuses is hard.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Definitely proved useful this tier, especially for the end raid boss. I had always missed nether ward from the destro only talent tree and I'm glad the new glyph will sort of bring a similar version of Nether ward into the PvE playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaesia View Post
    Definitely proved useful this tier, especially for the end raid boss. I had always missed nether ward from the destro only talent tree and I'm glad the new glyph will sort of bring a similar version of Nether ward into the PvE playstyle.
    That was my biggest issue with destruction changing for Mists. That thing was godly.

Twilight ward is a defensive cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    Twilight ward is a defensive cooldown.
    It could be used offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The whole point of raid buffs and debuffs is to make you more powerful in a group environment and to encourage composition diversity. Maybe -you- need to realise their purpose before you start telling us what -we- want.

The real issue here is that the debuff has been allowed to become so passive with ours having such a long duration, and Rogue/Hunter versions being applied by accident; not the question of whether it should exist in the first place. I mean, the underlying argument here seems to be that it's somehow unfair that it costs us a Global to apply...

- - - Updated - - -

No, that applies to active utility; particularly healing cooldowns. Raidwide buffs and boss debuffs will remain for the above reasons.
    I said imo, referring to this whole CoE business. I'm not telling anyone what they want and apologize if that's the way it came across (which I'm assuming it did given your apparent irritation).

Look, if Blizz wants to make us feel stronger and groups, I believe there's better ways of doing so than having us case 5% spell DMG debuff. If you follow their rhetoric since Wrath, it would seem they know this full well. Ergo, get this spell all the way the FCK outta here

IMO

Edit: on my phone. Errors

Um still doesn't stop a warrior physical does not equal magic and PvP gear not really something everyone has just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like there are a lot of posters here going into how it's good for PvP and basically stopping there. This spell is insanely good for many PvE encounters and with the glyph being added in will be solid for most encounters.

SoO nearly half the fights it has solid use on:
    Immerseus - Sha Bolt, Swirl, Seeping Sha, Swelling Corruption, Erupting Sha, Sha Pool
    The Fallen Protectors - Basically all of Sun Tenderheart, Corrupted Brew
    Norushen - Manifestion's AoE, Essence of Corruptions' Nuke
    Sha of Pride - Litterally everything, Especially good for Unstable Corruption and Swelling Pride
    Malkorok - Pulsing AoE, Puddles, and Breath
    Garrosh Hellscream - Desecrate, Whirling Corruption, Annihilate, Malace
    Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shaman, Spoils (Mostly), Thok, Seigecrafter and Klaxxi - Don't have Shadow / Holy damage, but with the glyph in WoD have mechanics that you could absorb.

ToT was a little less, mainly due the 'lightning theme':
    Council of Elders - Dark Power, Soul Fragment, Twisted Fate
    Durumu - Dark Parasite, Linger Gaze,
    Twin Consorts - Lurkers in the Night
    Again here, with the WoD glyph it'll be useful on almost every fight

Most people most likely just ignore it in almost all those cases because it cost a GCD which is just such a hugeeee damage losss, however in cases where your healers are behind or when you are under-geared it can easily save you from death.

TL : DR - I would be really upset if it was removed, and I'm glad they are adding a glyph for all schools

It's because it's not very "competitive", IMO.
    For destro at least, the spec the majority are using.

One Chaos Bolt can give you an absorb varying from 70 to 120k, that's like 70~80% of the ward and it heals for everything, not just shadow magic. If you count in the effects of Soul Link healing, you get 3% more heal (24~40k for a poor CB). I can't tell about Malkorok or Garrosh, but all the others it can work, if you're doing things right, you won't need it and if you aren't, it most certainly won't save you because it's too little for an "Oh shit" button.

It's nice when you can macro it with Sacrifice or Dark Bargain, specially since Dark Bargain changes all damage received into (dot) Shadow.

I agree it's good, but very situational not worth using all the time it's on CD, IMO.

Does it reduce damage from life tap?

I thought I remember reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Does it reduce damage from life tap?

I thought I remember reading that.
    Not currently.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonilaWry View Post
    The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wireless internet jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
    What is this? I dont even...

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    What is this? I dont even...
    Spam, just report it.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Seems like there are a lot of posters here going into how it's good for PvP and basically stopping there. This spell is insanely good for many PvE encounters and with the glyph being added in will be solid for most encounters.

SoO nearly half the fights it has solid use on:
    Immerseus - Sha Bolt, Swirl, Seeping Sha, Swelling Corruption, Erupting Sha, Sha Pool
    The Fallen Protectors - Basically all of Sun Tenderheart, Corrupted Brew
    Norushen - Manifestion's AoE, Essence of Corruptions' Nuke
    Sha of Pride - Litterally everything, Especially good for Unstable Corruption and Swelling Pride
    Malkorok - Pulsing AoE, Puddles, and Breath
    Garrosh Hellscream - Desecrate, Whirling Corruption, Annihilate, Malace
    Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shaman, Spoils (Mostly), Thok, Seigecrafter and Klaxxi - Don't have Shadow / Holy damage, but with the glyph in WoD have mechanics that you could absorb.

ToT was a little less, mainly due the 'lightning theme':
    Council of Elders - Dark Power, Soul Fragment, Twisted Fate
    Durumu - Dark Parasite, Linger Gaze,
    Twin Consorts - Lurkers in the Night
    Again here, with the WoD glyph it'll be useful on almost every fight

Most people most likely just ignore it in almost all those cases because it cost a GCD which is just such a hugeeee damage losss, however in cases where your healers are behind or when you are under-geared it can easily save you from death.

TL : DR - I would be really upset if it was removed, and I'm glad they are adding a glyph for all schools
    I had to re-quote this for the amount of sheer ignorance in this thread there is about Twilight Ward in PvE raiding. I see Warlocks die to Immerseus and it just boggles my mind when they have Twilight Ward and when I tell them about it, NONE of them even have it on their bars. Its easily one of my most used def. cooldowns ... love the spell.

So many bad Warlocks!

Twilight Ward is INSANELY useful on a lot of encounters, it can pretty much save your life on its own on Garrosh or Malkorok. Also: http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/159693-...-twilight-ward