High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Star Wars thoughts (spoilers)

-Beware of spoilers-

So I just saw Star Wars (early viewing in Australia) and leaving the theater I thought it was decent. However, I've had a few hours to think about it now, and the ending kinda pisses me off.

-Beware of spoilers-

So basically without giving too much away, Luke is the big mystery thing in this movie. He's gone and nobody knows where he went. The bad guys and the good guys all want to find him. This is a major part of the movie and it's not until the last 3 minutes do they figure it out and the main character (Rey) flies away to find him.

She lands on some planet and finds Luke and then the movie ends before he can say anything. It makes for a powerful moment and the music does a good job of making nostalgic people really emotional and you leave the theater feeling excited for the next one.

But then you start to think about it.

Every Star Wars movie has a gap of time in between it and the next installment. Sometimes it's years. That's the point of the opening title crawl. It summarizes the stuff that happens in between films.

My problem is that myself and probably everyone else is really dying to know what happens in the next 20 minutes. What does Luke say? What does Rey say? Do they become friends? Does Luke start to train her as a Jedi?

I have a feeling they're going to skip over all of that stuff and fast forward 6 or 12 months and we're going to miss seeing Luke as the wise old mentor that I personally REALLY wanted to see.

And it kinda pisses me off. I mean, unless they're going to have flashbacks, or skip the iconic opening title crawl and start the next movie exactly where The Force Awakens left off, I don't think we're going to see any of the Luke/Rey training moments that mirror the Yoda/Luke ones in Empire Strikes Back.

They'll probably do a Clone Wars-esque cartoon show to bridge the gap. And that annoys me.

-Spoilers over-
    Last edited by eschatological; 2015-12-16 at 03:34 AM.
    Concerning the No-Fly issue, it's really a question of what kind of player you are. Did you enjoy the pre-Wrath Zombie Invasion or did you hate it? If everyone loved it, flying would be allowed and Draenor's skies would be filled with tons of mount-eating monsters. That would be truly savage. But instead we are stuck. Blizzard is trying to please every type of player at the same time, leaving us with what we have today: something not-quite awesome.

Deleted
    Yey! Fun to have to enter this thread

Use the star wars thread and use the spoiler tag without the dot [.spoiler] [/spoiler]

Closing.