Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If blizzard are to be believed, then RELEVANT feedback could influence that decision.
    Feedback which could only happen during beta.
    There is simply no point asking a question for which there can't be any different answer to what we have had already.

Stop accusing people because they didn't cover your personal gripe.
    I am against the non-flying also, but I am understanding that the answer cannot change until there is something for us to actually give feedback on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    ummm.... what does wait and see mean?This is not an interview worthy question, argumentative, and means exactly what it says. How do you plan on getting feedback?Same way they always do. How does the addition or the removal of flying impact develop decisions that are already being processed? They've already said, No flying is being taken into account for at least all of 6.0's content, and judging by the fact that they're already working on Farahlon, I'd say 6.1 is probably being worked under this philosophy as well. Will WoD include any additional forms of travel that are currently not in the game, such as portals?Again, already stated, Flight paths will be receiving various QoL upgrades for Draenor FPs. Will more classes other than the mage be given the ability to travel instantly?None in the Alpha Patch Notes, safe to assume at this point, no.
    All easily answered by keeping up with Devs' twitters/MMO posts about said twitters or filling in small gaps with logic, no real need to waste interview time with this. Again, it's a topic that only a minority care deeply about, and has been talked to death already.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    All easily answered by keeping up with Devs' twitters/MMO posts about said twitters or filling in small gaps with logic, no real need to waste interview time with this. Again, it's a topic that only a minority care deeply about, and has been talked to death already.
    How is flying possible being removed after 7 years not a viable question to ask? Especially when blizzard has only released one or two sentences about it. WOW has the worst travel in the industry as it is, I think it should be addressed.

I think it far exceeds a minority.....

10+ Year Old Account
    How is flying possible being removed after 7 years not a viable question to ask? Especially when blizzard has only released one or two sentences about it. WOW has the worst travel in the industry as it is, I think it should be addressed.
    Not being allowed during current content =/= removed.

They've told us all information that is relevant, there's really nothing more on the subject to ask about, it's gone, we might or might not get it back in 6.1, FPs are being adjusted for better QoL in affected areas, what else is there to say? It's really not that big a change over say, IoT or TI.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    we already know there will not be flying....why ask a question that the answer is common knowledge? makes no sense.

I'm confused by you OP, Blizzard have stated many times what they plan to do and if anything changes they will let us know, how many times do they have to repeat those few words before it sinks in?

Right now it is one of the most discussed topics of WOW.
    Which is pretty damn stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not being allowed during current content =/= removed.

They've told us all information that is relevant, there's really nothing more on the subject to ask about, it's gone, we might or might not get it back in 6.1, FPs are being adjusted for better QoL in affected areas, what else is there to say? It's really not that big a change over say, IoT or TI.
    It is a massive change, it completely screws gatherers and that is just one group.

So to summarize, you feel the whole of the community will accept the following statement as all the information they need:

"after 7 years, flying is gone in 6.0 and you may or may not get it back in 6.1 or get it back ever."

You do know only a fraction of the WOW community reads the forums, wait until those people hit 6.1 and realize they will never be able to fly in relevant content again. lol. I will let them know Ryuda said it was a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I'm confused by you OP, Blizzard have stated many times what they plan to do and if anything changes they will let us know, how many times do they have to repeat those few words before it sinks in?
    I don't know, personally, I feel they've already repeated it ad nauseum, but, I admit, I try to keep up with the news.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Follow me:

Blizzcon is happening: Blizzard announces their will be an epic quest that will be finished in 6.1 to get your flying back. Announced to the world during the one time most people are paying attention to blizz.

a month later Alex (whatever his last name is) states: Flying is gone in 6.0 and we will see what players think about a world without flying.

Then blizzard says nothing else.

How is that not an issue?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, personally, I feel they've already repeated it ad nauseum, but, I admit, I try to keep up with the news.
    What has blizzard said outside of the initial possible no flying comment? did I miss something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    You're making the mistake of thinking that everyone cares about what you care about.

Frankly, I could not possibly care less about whether we can fly in WoD, when it'll be available, etc. I don't think it takes "stones" to ask that question. I wouldn't have waste d their time with that question either. There's much bigger things to talk about. Get over it please.

Edit: Also, just because the community cares about it, that doesn't mean it's a good question to ask. And you don't have the info to say "the majority" of the community thinks anything. Based on what I've seen, there's a vocal minority who inexplicably cares deeply about this (despite giving no rational reasons why). I don't think interviewers should bend to those vocal minority, or even if it WERE a majority. That's not the point of an interview.
    I agree. I honestly couldn't care less what happens with flying. They always take it away from us at the start of an expansion anyway, regardless of whether it is levelling related or patch related. Some of us remember the days pre-flying, so when flying was introduced to the game with TBC it was jaw-dropping. I think most players would like to have more important questions answered, anyway, such as some of the cool stuff to expect -- not the minor things not to expect.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a massive change, it completely screws gatherers and that is just one group.

So to summarize, you feel the whole of the community will accept the following statement as all the information they need:

"after 7 years, flying is gone in 6.0 and you may or may not get it back in 6.1 or get it back ever."

You do know only a fraction of the WOW community reads the forums, wait until those people hit 6.1 and realize they will never be able to fly in relevant content again. lol. I will let them know Ryuda said it was a non-issue.
    It's not gone, you just can't use it on Draenor. Most gathering even in MoP is done by having alts with opened farms, Garrisons will likely provide some of that gameplay still. Also never said it was a non-issue, just that asking about a question that we already know the answer to in an interview (please note, you seem to be confusing an interview with a debate), if they asked about flying, the only answer we'd get is "No flying in 6.0, we will listen to player feedback." Same as they've said x-teen times since Blizzcon.

(Also, just putting it out there, people used to gather in Vanilla too, and there was no flying, somehow, people will manage.)

It's not gone, you just can't use it on Draenor. Most gathering even in MoP is done by having alts with opened farms, Garrisons will likely provide some of that gameplay still. Also never said it was a non-issue, just that asking about a question that we already know the answer to in an interview (please note, you seem to be confusing an interview with a debate), if they asked about flying, the only answer we'd get is "No flying in 6.0, we will listen to player feedback." Same as they've said x-teen times since Blizzcon.

(Also, just putting it out there, people used to gather in Vanilla too, and there was no flying, somehow, people will manage.)
    i guess i am kind of dumb, but what exactly does this mean:

"No flying in 6.0, we will listen to player feedback."

That is quintessential PR speak. It says nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What has blizzard said outside of the initial possible no flying comment? did I miss something?
    I think there was more, but both Celestalon and Watcher have tweeted (I think more than once in Watcher's case) that their current plan has not changed, it stands to reason that it still has not changed, or they'd let us know.

Because flying is terrible and people have been spoiled by it we didn't have flying in vanilla. It makes zones FEEL bigger and more populated cause people aren't phased out cause you're in the sky. No flying is good.

They didn't ask because there smart and know it's a waste of time. What you expect them to magically say flying in 6.0! just because they asked? Blizzard already stated that wont be avail intill 6.1 at the soonest, there going to optimize flight paths, and I recall (could be wrong) that you'll have a separate fast travel to your Garrison. We know all there is to know and it's a waste of a question to ask about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    we already know there will not be flying....why ask a question that the answer is common knowledge? makes no sense.
    Well, that's the thing - most of the questions the interviewers asked were things that they've already talked about. Very, very little new info from the interviews, which lasted hours each.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess i am kind of dumb, but what exactly does this mean:

"No flying in 6.0, we will listen to player feedback."

That is quintessential PR speak. It says nothing.
    I'm taking a wild stab here, but I'm guessing it means, to not mince words:

"No flying in 6.0. If the entire community flips out in a fit of unmitigated rage, we'll put it back in 6.1. If it remains a small, but incessantly loud minority with an overall positive/neutral response, we'll likely leave it restricted to old world stuff."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Did you ever thought if no one asked is because it's not one of the most discussed topics right now?
    You joke surely? There have been hundreds of posts on MMO-C and more on the official forums. I get fanboying, but denial of reality is a new one to me.

This isn't that hard of a question either - "Are you planning on adding flying in 6.1 or not?" Done. Asked. While YOU might not care, *I* do - It's a major capability that we've had for 7 years and before I bother to get into WoD I'd like to know the answer. And no, "we'll see" isn't an answer it's a mealy mouthed cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    They're building the world with non-flight in mind, just like Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder. Just imagine the whole continent being like those zones.

It works.
    See the above image, because that construct you see there? That's the one that's supposed to be running around.

It's not the one that's supposed to be buried halfway up to its knees. And this was the second time withing these two months I've come across this same incident with this same mob. The first time, I also saw several Saurok near it falling through the world.

And then uipon clicking thios both times, it proceeded to fall completely through the world.

So no, it doesn't work. 10 years later and Blizzard still half-asses the world to make it work with ground mounts only. That is my reason against it: because it encourages them to half-ass the world they make.