Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Garrisons available on Ipads for Wod?

I've been searchinng around the internet trying to figure out if there has been any shred of info to determine if Garrisons will be available on the iPad. I have not seen anything. I have come here to pontificate, speculate, and just have fun discussing with all of you why it would be awesome playing Garrison on a iPad.

I love the idea. I just got a Ipad Mini and i have been playing hearthstone on it. That got me thinking, man... it would be so much fun if i can manage my garrison the way i have been playing HS when Wod comes out. I love sitting in my lazy boy or in bed at night playing on the weekends. Or even waking up in the morning and grabbing the ipad while the family wakes up. Having to sit in my gaming chair and getting on the gaming rig feels so formal, like raiding. Another benefit is that on the weekend i am on the ipad here and there surfing the net, playing hearthstone, playing other games with my little girl, watching a show... SO jumping on a Garrison Wow game would be convient and faster so i can check on the progress of quests, building, make some changes and BAM, done... moving on to other stuff. Again, i just feel that firing up the gaming rig with GTX Graphics cards just for garrison management is overkill. It can easily be done on an iPad.

I dont know how much resources it would take to get it on the iPad. But even if they sell it for a couple bucks, its worth the convenience for me. Also, You know they are going to come with with Vanity stuff in the future and they will probably sell it to beautify your garrison. Like skins for the buildings, vanitify stuff like big fountains. They might as well make it official and roll it out ont he ipad.

What do you all think? Would you think its a good idea?

Deleted
    Sounds too casual to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chompiras View Post
    I've been searchinng around the internet trying to figure out if there has been any shred of info to determine if Garrisons will be available on the iPad. I have not seen anything. I have come here to pontificate, speculate, and just have fun discussing with all of you why it would be awesome playing Garrison on a iPad.

I love the idea. I just got a Ipad Mini and i have been playing hearthstone on it. That got me thinking, man... it would be so much fun if i can manage my garrison the way i have been playing HS when Wod comes out. I love sitting in my lazy boy or in bed at night playing on the weekends. Or even waking up in the morning and grabbing the ipad while the family wakes up. Having to sit in my gaming chair and getting on the gaming rig feels so formal, like raiding. Another benefit is that on the weekend i am on the ipad here and there surfing the net, playing hearthstone, playing other games with my little girl, watching a show... SO jumping on a Garrison Wow game would be convient and faster so i can check on the progress of quests, building, make some changes and BAM, done... moving on to other stuff. Again, i just feel that firing up the gaming rig with GTX Graphics cards just for garrison management is overkill. It can easily be done on an iPad.

I dont know how much resources it would take to get it on the iPad. But even if they sell it for a couple bucks, its worth the convenience for me. Also, You know they are going to come with with Vanity stuff in the future and they will probably sell it to beautify your garrison. Like skins for the buildings, vanitify stuff like big fountains. They might as well make it official and roll it out ont he ipad.

What do you all think? Would you think its a good idea?
    Would be completely unfair...it's one thing to put a game like Hearthstone on the ipad, but the idea is that IN GAME you have to be in the garrison to interact with followers, send them on missions, interact with objects in buildings. So why would they add that to an Ipad or mobile ap and give you an advantage over other players by letting you do that from anywhere outside of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    Would be completely unfair...it's one thing to put a game like Hearthstone on the ipad, but the idea is that IN GAME you have to be in the garrison to interact with followers, send them on missions, interact with objects in buildings. So why would they add that to an Ipad or mobile ap and give you an advantage over other players by letting you do that from anywhere outside of the game?
    How is that unfair? Everyone has access to the garrison through their regular pc. Getting on an iPad app is just another way of accesing what everyone else already has. If they were to give iPad users some kinds of bonuses like quests get completed faster, now that would be unfair.

How is that unfair? Everyone has access to the garrison through their regular pc. Getting on an iPad app is just another way of accesing what everyone else already has. If they were to give iPad users some kinds of bonuses like quests get completed faster, now that would be unfair.
    It is unfair because you can be running around farming mats or raiding or doing pvp while you have your app open doing your garrison. If a person does not have this app they have to be at their garrison to use it. This is the unfair advantage.

I know its crazy but some people actually do not have smartphones/ipads...

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    It is unfair because you can be running around farming mats or raiding or doing pvp while you have your app open doing your garrison. If a person does not have this app they have to be at their garrison to use it. This is the unfair advantage.

Orrr.... it could be done like the mobile armory and you can't do it if logged into the game

Deleted
    As long as they develop one for Android devices too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dacoz View Post
    As long as they develop one for Android devices too...
    Oh yeah, of course. Didnt mean exclusive to iPad. It would be a mobile thing.

Also, what if i am not home. What if i am at the DMV waiting for my Turn (you know it takes like 4 hours)... then it would be nice to be doing the garrison on the iPad. I know you guys want it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, of course. Didnt mean exclusive to iPad. It would be a mobile thing.

Also, what if i am not home. What if i am at the DMV waiting for my Turn (you know it takes like 4 hours)... then it would be nice to be doing the garrison on the iPad. I know you guys want it.
    No, this is not something I want. If you want to play the game, play the game. If you don't want to or can't because you are somewhere else, play hearthstone or the like.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it would be unfair in the case of garrisons, but at least for pet battles I'd like to see apps for mobile devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

It would be splendid, but not that necessary as I most certainly will spend a lot of time in my Garrison ingame either way.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Neverwinter has something similar for their professions system (which, from what I've seen, Garrisons are pretty similar to at least in terms of sending followers on missions) that works pretty well. Wouldn't mind seeing something like it implemented in WoW's mobile armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post

You know that you're currently able to interact with the auction house through the the mobile armory app? Buying, selling, bidding all while you do other things in irl or in game.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of wish that they'd introduce it for pet battles also.

If they can do it, great. Though, I think they'll have a hard enough time making the in-game garrison concept seem fun and compelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I would like to see something along these lines for tablets. Being able to log on and just do some garrison stuff; send your NPC's on quests, use daily CD's for crafting, etc. I stopped doing the farm all together because it was taking too much time. I'd like to be able to do it during my lunch break from my phone!

I think suggestions for Garrisons on Ipad is based off Garrison interface we saw at Blizzcon, but we have to realize that feature goes beyond just the interface where you order followers around. Your Garrison can get attacked and you can defend it, you just can't do that on a ipad.

Deleted
    Pretty sure they said no at the blizzcon Q and A

Deleted
    I find it fair enough. And to have this privilege you'd need to pay 25$. Then everyone would be happy. You'd get your garrisons outside the game, blizzard would get money and not everyone could do it.

Maybe you can pay a currency to hire people to defend the garrison , if accessing through iPad. But on your PC you have the option to go defend by yourself? That'd be neat. Every now and then I stop being cheap and get lazy.