Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. Who is "they" and their"?
    do you think you are allowed to start a picnic on the yard in front of the white house?

do you know what a contract is?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    do you think you are allowed to start a picnic on the yard in front of the white house?

do you know what a contract is?
    "First amendment says I can do AND say what I want, where I want, when I want, without anyone telling me I'm wrong. Second amendment tells me I can do all of that WITH A GUN. Amendments 3-27? What are those?"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Bundy is a terrible person.

The only people who would electively associate themselves with him at this point are those on the anti-government bandwagon, and even then using women as human shields just in case they started firing at the government officials is scaring most of those supporters off.
    You do realize the guy who said that was an ex sheriff and WASN'T EVEN THERE during the standoff, he came later.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize the guy who said that was an ex sheriff and WASN'T EVEN THERE during the standoff, he came later.
    As political as this is, Bundy would be wise to denounce the use the violence in support of him. It wouldn't really take much, a simple line about how "We will defend ourselves, but do not wish anyone harm/don't approve of an armed response to the BLM."

Because the way things work, if you don't say anything, it's consent.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Hunter S. Thompson* got 44% of the vote in a Sheriff election. There's nothing magical about being a Sheriff, other than the powers the office confers.

*If you don't know why I find this amusing, read about Mr. Thompson.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Hunter S. Thompson* got 44% of the vote in a Sheriff election. There's nothing magical about being a Sheriff, other than the powers the office confers.

*If you don't know why I find this amusing, read about Mr. Thompson.
    I know exactly who he is. What I don't know is what this has to do with anything.

I know exactly who he is. What I don't know is what this has to do with anything.
    "You do realize the guy who said that was an ex sheriff..."

As if that makes some guy a magical genie ninja mage.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    "You do realize the guy who said that was an ex sheriff..."

As if that makes some guy a magical genie ninja mage.
    Leave out the part in caps that actually has anything to do with it though, you know the fact that he wasn't there when it happened, he just said that after the fact.

Leave out the part in caps that actually has anything to do with it though, you know the fact that he wasn't there when it happened, he just said that after the fact.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...anch-standoff/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5154606.html

"Mack was one of nearly 1,000 people, many of them armed, who showed up and supported Bundy's battle with the BLM."

I think you might be wrong. (linked two vastly differing sources on purpose).

10+ Year Old Account
    "Still waiting for the proof that Bundy owns the land he has been using."

"I can provide it but I am curious what happens when I do? Do you change your opinion or will it not matter?"

His claim to owning the land failed in court each time he tried. If you could provide proof, you should have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Still waiting for the proof that Bundy owns the land he has been using."

"I can provide it but I am curious what happens when I do? Do you change your opinion or will it not matter?"

His claim to owning the land failed in court each time he tried. If you could provide proof, you should have been there.
    I have been asking for this for 3 days and haven't gotten it

It was public land. Now it is federal land (tortoise 1993) and there is NO grazing. You didn't pay a fee because it was federal land, you paid the grazing fee so the BLM could take care of that public land. You like to argue but don't know the basic facts.
    It was either federal land or it wasn't. If the federal government had no claim on it they had no right to charge grazing fees. But they did because it was their land and they changed what they wanted that land used for as was their right. They even went about properly canceling the contracts and compensating those contracts when they changed the land usage. This was never Bundys land.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It was either federal land or it wasn't. If the federal government had no claim on it they had no right to charge grazing fees. But they did because it was their land and they changed what they wanted that land used for as was their right. They even went about properly canceling the contracts and compensating those contracts when they changed the land usage. This was never Bundys land.
    Don't worry lockedout will dance around saying you are wrong even though you are 100% in the right. I have been trying to get a damn straight answer from him on who owns the land for he last 3 days and 10 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Don't worry lockedout will dance around saying you are wrong even though you are 100% in the right. I have been trying to get a damn straight answer from him on who owns the land for he last 3 days and 10 pages.
    Again you are forcing words into the conversation. He owns rights to the land and water, not the land itself.

Again you are forcing words into the conversation. He owns rights to the land and water, not the land itself.
    How does he own rights to the land?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for the past 20 years he hasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's public land. Anyone can look up the details on Wikipedia and/or go back to the original sources and verify it for themselves. (Even Bundy was only arguing over his right to graze, not ownership.)

- - - Updated - - -

If lockedout were a paid shill for a "Libertarian" think tank, which one do you all think he'd mostly like be representing? Or would they contract it out and let 'the market' handle the petty details of their sock-puppetry?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    It's public land. Anyone can look up the details on Wikipedia and/or go back to the original sources and verify it for themselves. (Even Bundy was only arguing over his right to graze, not ownership.)
    "Public land" doesn't mean shit. I can't go outside naked on my own property, much less the adjoining public sidewalk, boulevard, and road.

I know, ridiculous example. On purpose.

Public land is just a term that makes it sound like something it isn't. It's literally land owned by the government, the government decides what the public can do with the land and what access they have to it. Bundy only has a right to land the government makes available for grazing. The land was no longer made available for grazing, he has no right to it.

The wiki page itself makes it clear that the "public" has no right beyond what the government gives to "public" land.
    Last edited by Xeones; 2014-04-21 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you think "public land" means and what a "Grazing Right" is. Because it's not like a right to free speech or freedom of religion. It's a buyable, sellable, tradeable, revocable, contract between the owner of the land (often the government) and a rancher (or other entity, usually for the benefit of ranchers). Once purchased, it usually has a duration, when that duration expires, unless the contract has a clause that allows one side to extend the time of the contract under the same terms, then a new contract must be drawn up. If the owner of the land refuses to create a new contract, then the user of the land MUST vacate. That is their only option. They have no intrinsic right to use the land because their business (ranching) requires land. It doesn't make a difference if the land is publicly owned (which does NOT make it public use) or privately owned. If the owner doesn't want to grant rights, they're under ZERO legal obligation to do so.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2014-04-21 at 01:48 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.