Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Toddler smokes weed - so what?

I saw this earlier and thought people in the comments are over reacting.

Link

They're acting like they're forcefully injecting the kid with heroin, with a dirty AIDs ridden needle.

You see people saying marijuana is natural, it's just a plant, nobody has died from it, people use it as medicine etc.
    So what's so bad about a kid smoking a little bit of it?

I don't condone it and wouldn't do that to my kids when I have them but if marijuana is so good as people tend to say, why is this so bad?

For the reading comprehension impaired - I'm not defending the idiots that thought it was a good idea to do this, record it and put it on facebook.
    Last edited by mmocc39820a35d; 2014-04-12 at 08:31 AM.

idk probably because it's illegal in a lot of states

would u give a child beer too lmao

maybe some cigs

The parents were obviously high too if they've recorded it and posted it online.

Deleted
    Probably for the same reason you don't give alcohol or tobacco to toddlers. They are far more sensitive to the negative effects and it could cause permanent damage.

Deleted
    Studies have shown that it has a permanent detrimental effect on the brain of adolescents because it is still developing. I imagine it's even worse with toddlers. When people say that it's completely safe that's not exactly true; it is for most people, but there are risk groups where it can have negative effects.

That being said it's probably not all that smart to condition children into drug habits to begin with. The toddler obviously didn't do it out of his own will / isn't capable to decide yet. I'm all for legalization, but don't give it to children.

Marijuana is only safe after your brain fully develops. You shouldn't smoke it before 18, otherwise it causes your IQ to drop permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you really make this thread? Like, this isn't common sense to you?

Marijuana and alcohol have certain negative effects. They're just not terrible for you when consumed in moderation. However, they're harmful for children to ingest because children are still developing.

Now go read a book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

More ghetto trash idiots breeding and raising new idiots to take their place. Won't be too long til we're paying for the grown up child's section 8 rent and free Obama phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weed has far less adverse effects than other drugs such as heroin but it isn't the "100% harmless" drug that people like to market it as. It has does have adverse adverse effects that are amplified in children.

Just because something is used as a medicine and is less lethal than other substances doesn't mean that you don't have to use it responsibly, the main hurdle of the legalization movement is people smoking weed and doing asinine shit such as the linked story. You can barely feed a baby honey, why the fuck would you let it smoke...

Weed is a manageable drug, but its still bad if you abuse it...

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Marijuana is only safe after your brain fully develops. You shouldn't smoke it before 18, otherwise it causes your IQ to drop permanently.
    It damages the brain period. Age doesn't matter. In fact - the younger the brain the easier its able to correct and repair minor damage. Being 18 years of age doesn't magically make your brain safe from the damaging effects of drugs or stop developing.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Did you really make this thread? Like, this isn't common sense to you?

Marijuana and alcohol have certain negative effects. They're just not terrible for you when consumed in moderation. However, they're harmful for children to ingest because children are still developing.

Now go read a book.
    You can't compare marijuana to an actual poison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It damages the brain period.
    Citation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It damages the brain period. Age doesn't matter. In fact - the younger the brain the easier its able to correct and repair minor damage. Being 18 years of age doesn't magically make your brain safe from the damaging effects of drugs or stop developing.
    Cite?

10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    idk probably because it's illegal in a lot of states

would u give a child beer too lmao

maybe some cigs
    Funny enough children drinking would be more accepted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Funny enough children drinking would be more accepted.
    Just goes to show that people think something is bad because it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    people use it as medicine
    And? You think because something is used as a medicine that it's 100% safe?

Tylenol, asprin, pepto bismol, tums etc....all are medicines and ALL have damaging side effects even in the proper, low, OTC dosages. No drug, natural or unnatural, illegal or legal is 100% safe.

yeah I've seen studies that say both, I've heard though it damages the most at younger ages. I also didn't mean it was completely safe, just like alcohol it is bad if taken excessively.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    That research has been questioned, and certain variables weren't considered in the original study. I wouldn't accept it as fact. Also it should be 25 in that case, that's when the brain finishes developing. That's not to say it doesn't harm the brain more when developing, just IQ shouldn't be the factor considered.

That being said, there's so many reasons not to expose children to drugs. I'm going to go with the fact it sets a behavioural standard that raises that risk of addictive behaviour in adulthood. Drugs, like many things in this world have pro's and con's that a child isn't ready to consider and shouldn't be exposed to.

Also it's a fucking toddler, why is this even a question.

Deleted
    For the guys screaming for sources:

http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/adolescents.htm
    This page cites some studies, most prominently this one: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...20109.abstract

Deleted
    And? You think because something is used as a medicine that it's 100% safe?

Tylenol, asprin, pepto bismol, tums etc....all are medicines and ALL have damaging side effects even in the proper, low, OTC dosages. No drug, natural or unnatural, illegal or legal is 100% safe.
    Same thing for water, too much will kill you.

"Damaging" side effects....such as?

Pretty sure damage occurs at higherdoses, with prolonged periods of use.

This kid taking a couple of hits isn't going to permanently brain damage him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show that people think something is bad because it's illegal.
    And people think weed has no adverse effects because it used as a medicine?

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing for water, too much will kill you.

"Damaging" side effects....such as?

Pretty sure damage occurs at higherdoses, with prolonged periods of use.

This kid taking a couple of hits isn't going to permanently brain damage him.
    Neither would taking a shot but you wouldn't give a child a shot would you?

Its reckless, irresponsible, and you should know better.