Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    The first part is completely based on fight length so that's kinda a weak argument . Also there almost no trinkets that last 15 sec most last 10 or 20. I think the cleave trinket from spoils last 15 only one I can think of. Since most last 10 seconds and there's no guarantee they proc at the start I'd say delaying kill command by 2 seconds in your opener is fine .
    10s with a delay of 3s = 2 KC
    10s with no delay = 2 KC
    15s with a delay of 3s = 2 KC
    15s with no delay = 2 KC
    20s with a delay of 3s = 2 KC
    20s with no delay = 3 KC
    25s with a delay of 3s = 3 KC
    25s with no delay = 4 KC
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    10s with a delay of 3s = 2 KC
    10s with no delay = 2 KC
    15s with a delay of 3s = 2 KC
    15s with no delay = 2 KC
    20s with a delay of 3s = 2 KC
    20s with no delay = 3 KC
    25s with a delay of 3s = 3 KC
    25s with no delay = 4 KC
    Ok so u proved my point on the 10 second trinkets ( which most are) . You also pointed out that 20 second trinkets (which are all icd trinkets might I add) will give you 4 kill commands aslong as you wait no longer than 2 seconds to kill command when it procs. Except one thing, your icd trinkets most likey won't procs if your opener is stampede bestal wrath kill command. You are basically relying on auto shot to proc it, now this changes ofc if you pre glaive or you can also fallow what I say and use a few more moves to help proc it. I can say I rarely get a 20 sec proc the instant I enter combat, and since that's not going to happen you can fit 3 seconds before BW and still fit the max number of KC during that duration of the trinket.

Now say by a miracle your trinket procs right at the start then you can adjust on the fly and add serpent sting till bestal wrath
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-04-14 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Ok so u proved my point on the 10 second trinkets ( which most are) . You also pointed out that 20 second trinkets (which are all icd trinkets might I add) will give you 4 kill commands aslong as you wait no longer than 2 seconds to kill command when it procs. Except one thing, your icd trinkets most likey won't procs if your opener is stampede bestal wrath kill command. You are basically relying on auto shot to proc it, now this changes ofc if you pre glaive or you can also fallow what I say and use a few more moves to help proc it. I can say I rarely get a 20 sec proc the instant I enter combat, and since that's not going to happen you can fit 3 seconds before BW and still fit the max number of KC during that duration of the trinket.

Now say by a miracle your trinket procs right at the start then you can adjust on the fly and add serpent sting till bestal wrath
    True, you can alter depending on what procs that you get and at more advance levels of play this is the thing to do. However for an optimal opener you'll be wanting to use the priority I have written down. Optimal implying that your trinkets pop on the pull.

Other more reactive openers would be viable depending on when trinkets proc and what overlaps with what, but that's far too in-depth to go to and will be just a little overkill. I'd hate to start listing off every possible opener with every possible timing of every trinket - That would be incredibly dull to read :P
    Wreckér

10+ Year Old Account
    What a bad guide from a baddie Hunter, baddie baddie baddie (it's a joke).

Nice one wreckerererer.

Need more Focus Fire info.

Does having the 4pc bonus change anything during BW?
    Something like 2x AS before the first KC to make use of that +4% for pet damage? Considering the fact that you still use 2 KC during BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    Does having the 4pc bonus change anything during BW?
    Something like 2x AS before the first KC to make use of that +4% for pet damage? Considering the fact that you still use 2 KC during BW.
    Only pet attacks increase pet damage, which is only basic attacks - apart from that, no, nothing changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Don't use Focus Fire during BW, during TED, and if BW is less than 11 secs off coming off cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool guide, thanks for putting the time to put it all together ^.^!

Will be very useful for new BM hunters!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    All the focus fire information was dealt with in-directly in the guide however I have now included a small specific section which directly discusses Focus Fire

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What a bad guide from a baddie Hunter, baddie baddie baddie (it's a joke).

Nice one wreckerererer.
    Damn you sheep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    Cool guide, thanks for putting the time to put it all together ^.^!

Will be very useful for new BM hunters!
    I hope so!
    Wreckér

Deleted
    Good guide, thanks for sharing!

Tiny question though: as the kind of player that loves to play around with UI's and addons I'd love to get my hands on your UI and give it a try. Is there any chance you're willing to share it?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltairus View Post
    Good guide, thanks for sharing!

Tiny question though: as the kind of player that loves to play around with UI's and addons I'd love to get my hands on your UI and give it a try. Is there any chance you're willing to share it?
    My personal UI isn't the best due to the hardware limitations that I currently have. However Riising's UI as seen in the footage in the video guide is a very solid one and is similar to how I would have my own. There will be a post popping up on here in the Extra Tips section of the guide as well as on the Warcraft Academy forum with the full UI available to try out.

For now though, I can give a little advice in how to structure a UI based on the hunter class. In my experience having it be as minimal as possible is a huge advantage. Most of the hunter abilities lack a cooldown and so they simply don't need to be visible. Bartender4 or any similar add-on will allow you to substantially de-clutter your screen and will give you a more fluid play-style. Additions to this such as Quartz (To track cast timers) and NeedtoKnow/WeakAuras will allow you to track all the debuffs/buffs/cooldowns/internal cooldowns of all of your abilities and make them all that much prettier.

The post for the UI should be up at some point in the coming days (Soon™)
    Wreckér

This seems to work for me well on the opener:

-2 Whatever misdirection shenanigans
    -1 Glaive + Pot
    0 Serpent Sting
    1 Stampede + RF + Blood Fury + Eng Gloves *** If running DB I put that out here and move everything down one.
    2 BW + Arcane shot
    3 KC
    4,5,6,7,8,9 or whatever (fuck math) Arcane Shots
    10 KC
    Rotation

I was experimenting with trying to get that first Glaive to hit with BW active by hitting BW on 0, and also not applying serpent sting until after BW, but it wasn't hitting hard in the opener. Using GT and SS to proc your trinkets, putting out stampede and buffing yourself is important before you start that pet burst.

With that said, GT might be better of waiting a global to use it during BW. But it will delay the KC which could end up clipping one off in the fight like was discussed earlier. Probably not worth it.

IE
    1. SS
    2. Stampede Macro
    3. Glaive
    4. BW+Arcane/KC (The BW being used in between 3+4)
    5. Arcane Spam/1st KC
    Last edited by poppincapsyo; 2014-04-15 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppincapsyo View Post

-1 Glaive + Pot
    0 Serpent Sting
    1 Stampede + RF + Blood Fury + Eng Gloves *** If running DB I put that out here and move everything down one.
    2 BW + Arcane shot
    3 KC
    10 KC
    Rotation

I was experimenting with trying to get that first Glaive to hit with BW active by hitting BW on 0, and also not applying serpent sting until after BW, but it wasn't hitting hard in the opener. Using GT and SS to proc your trinkets, putting out stampede and buffing yourself is important before you start that pet burst.

With that said, GT might be better of waiting a global to use it during BW. But it will delay the KC which could end up clipping one off in the fight like was discussed earlier. Probably not worth it.

IE
    1. SS
    2. Stampede Macro
    3. Glaive
    5. Arcane Spam/1st KC
    The reason for the Glaive Toss is to proc the trinkets together - 3 hits at the same time (2 Glaives, 1 Auto) to try to proc both trinkets together for maximum overlapping of everything - Then bringing out the zoo + cooldowns for an insanely huge KC
    Wreckér

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    The reason for the Glaive Toss is to proc the trinkets together - 3 hits at the same time (2 Glaives, 1 Auto) to try to proc both trinkets together for maximum overlapping of everything - Then bringing out the zoo + cooldowns for an insanely huge KC
    4 hits on zero. 2 Glaive, 1 SS and 1 Auto. Maybe even some cloak procs in there while the global is coming up for the CD Macro.

Question, been using the haste>mastery>crit build as a 560 hunter with good results. Wondering if at that I'll if haste>crit>mastery would yield better results or if I'm good to keep with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Verthill View Post
    Question, been using the haste>mastery>crit build as a 560 hunter with good results. Wondering if at that I'll if haste>crit>mastery would yield better results or if I'm good to keep with it?
    Not noticably better, and I'd still argue against it purely because Mastery will, as a general rule, do substantially more for you in cleave/AoE situations where Beast Cleave is a solid portion of your damage (with a lot of Crit's value single-target being what it does for you, the hunter), and these situations are almost everywhere in SoO - almost all the fights are ones where Beast Cleave will be a more or less significant factor of your output, with the exception of the pure single-target ones (Juggernaut, arguably Malkorok and Paragons, too), and even on those, the difference appears to be extremely slim. About one third of the difference between Crit > Haste > Mastery and Haste > Mastery > Crit, and that difference is small to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poppincapsyo View Post

-1 Glaive + Pot
    0 Serpent Sting
    2 BW + Arcane shot
    3 KC
    10 KC
    Rotation

IE
    1. SS
    2. Stampede Macro
    3. Glaive
    5. Arcane Spam/1st KC
    Not unlike what I do. I don't use my pot till that Glaive is about to hit, though. Whatever, though.

Not sure what the philosophy behind Arcane-Shotting before Kill Command is, though.

I don't think there's a benefit to using GT inside BW, as you're only doing that for 10% more damage on it. Rather get that off in the start for its double-chance on a Dextrous proc.

On the UI stuff, Wrecker is pretty much spot on. Generally, unless you have some extra responsibility in your raid beyond being a hunter, if it doesn't change the way you play/it's not something you react to, it's generally not worth tracking. If you're macroing Synapse Springs into your abilities, it's fire-and-forget, you don't need to track the buff, it's just another bar/icon on your screen, possibly just with the exception of trinket procs.

On that topic, you might find inspiration in my UI:

What kind of cd macros are people using?

Quote Originally Posted by Verthill View Post
    What kind of cd macros are people using?
    Stampede:

#showtooltip Stampede
    /petattack
    /cast Stampede
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Berserking
    /use 10
    /petattack

Bestial Wrath:

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Heart of the Phoenix
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Rabid
    /use 10

Rapid Fire:

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /use 10

Dire Beast:

#showtooltip Dire Beast
    /use [combat] 10
    /cast [combat] Lifeblood
    /cast [combat] Rabid
    /cast Dire Beast
    /petattack

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Only pet attacks increase pet damage, which is only basic attacks - apart from that, no, nothing changes.
    I'd like to ask once again here. 4pc says "Offence abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage you deal by 4% and all damage dealt by your pet by 2%, stacking up to 5 times." This sound to me like MY offensive abilities (e.g. AS, KC(?) ) increase both my and my pet's damage. That's why I assumed it would be worth making use of that extra damage.
    I'm currently quite confused if my reading capability is flawed or if the tooltip is just misleading :P

I know I could try this out myself quite easily but I'm working atm and I'd like to be sure before tonights raid. Want to try some BM action!
    Last edited by Piando; 2014-04-16 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    I'd like to ask once again here. 4pc says "Offence abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage you deal by 4% and all damage dealt by your pet by 2%, stacking up to 5 times." This sound to me like MY offensive abilities (e.g. AS, KC(?) ) increase both my and my pet's damage. That's why I assumed it would be worth making use of that extra damage.
    I'm currently quite confused if my reading capability is flawed or if the tooltip is just misleading :P

I know I could try this out myself quite easily but I'm working atm and I'd like to be sure before tonights raid. Want to try some BM action!
    Yeah it does, pretty misleading. Easy to test for yourself, though, track the buff "Brutal Kinship" on your pet, pop BW and fire some shots into the boss and see if it gains stacks. It won't. It's basic attack will, however.