Cool brewmasters non pandaren/dwarves seems wrong

talking about looks,
    at least for me, throwing big barrels at mobs dont look "natural" in the other races.

We all know it, the drunken masters of brews are dwarves and pandaren.

what do you think ?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it doesn't really matter which race it is.

My human looks perfectly normal throwing barrels.

Deleted
    Undeads look great throwing barrels, it makes sense too that they throw barrels since they can't drink it as it just goes right through them!

Just shows how powerful my gnome is, throwing barrels as big as he is at the enemies

I occasionally use my Dimensional Ripper - Area 52 and whenever I get anything other then Dwarf, my Armour & Poses just feel wrong and strange. Worst is Dranei Monk, what an abomination!

I've been a Pandaren and race changed to Human. Honestly it looks a lot better to me. The model may be blurry and low-rez comparitively but my fist is a fist and my leg is a full-length leg and when I'm running around it doesn't' feel like I'm on a waterbed.

Then again, all classes and abilities look best on a Human because all playable races are just Humans in cosplay. We get a quadraped, insectoid or Naga-esque race at some point and that will change.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Lore wise I pretend my Belf monk had status ripped away from him after failing to become a paladin and the shame drove him to the bottom of the bottle. Then one day while he was passed out on the streets of org a pandaren monk saw him and decided to take him to the peak of serenity to help him find inner peace. After a karate kid style training montage and a few epics he's still a drunkard but now hes a drunkard with a purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Togepi View Post
    Lore wise I pretend my Belf monk had status ripped away from him after failing to become a paladin and the shame drove him to the bottom of the bottle. Then one day while he was passed out on the streets of org a pandaren monk saw him and decided to take him to the peak of serenity to help him find inner peace. After a karate kid style training montage and a few epics he's still a drunkard but now hes a drunkard with a purpose!
    Best. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Worst is Dranei Monk, what an abomination!
    Draenei monks have had the longest lore, probably going back even longer than Pandarens have had them, over hundreds of years care taking over the dead in Auchindoun. There are a number of notable Draenei monks in lore before Pandaria even came out. There were also human monks in the Scarlet Crusade. The pandaria ver. of monk involves the whole beer/tea twist to it but the flavor is essentially the same. My draenei monk wears robes and uses a more draenei themed transmog set. You should read their lore it's pretty interesting.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by pozi View Post
    talking about looks,
    at least for me, throwing big barrels at mobs dont look "natural" in the other races.

We all know it, the drunken masters of brews are dwarves and pandaren.

what do you think ?
    Chen personally taught an orc in Ratchet how to be a brewmaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Draenei monks have had the longest lore, probably going back even longer than Pandarens have had them, over hundreds of years care taking over the dead in Auchindoun. There are a number of notable Draenei monks in lore before Pandaria even came out. There were also human monks in the Scarlet Crusade. The pandaria ver. of monk involves the whole beer/tea twist to it but the flavor is essentially the same. My draenei monk wears robes and uses a more draenei themed transmog set. You should read their lore it's pretty interesting.
    They were, however, different monks - essentially. And they did not use the teachings of the Augusts Celestials nor did their combat style involve brew. They, basically, were just monastic martial artists.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Chen personally taught an orc in Ratchet how to be a brewmaster.

- - - Updated - - -

They were, however, different monks - essentially. And they did not use the teachings of the Augusts Celestials nor did their combat style involve brew. They, basically, were just monastic martial artists.
    Well the August Celestials didn't teach the Pandaren about monk-dom, their years as slaves of the Mogu, where they were prevented from using weapons did. essentially they are both martial artists, Pandaren monks encorporate the brew/tea aspect into it. I'm pretty sure that WoD will actually touch on this as we'll see going back to Auchindoun how Pandaria monks differ from Draenei.

But I was mostly running this as counter to "Draenei monks make no sense" which is really untrue. There's this conception that all Draenei lore revolves around The Light and holiness when Draenei only embraced The Light after they already fled Argus. There's a lot of lore about Draenei warrior castes, hunters types like Akama more than Paladins and such.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Well the August Celestials didn't teach the Pandaren about monk-dom, their years as slaves of the Mogu, where they were prevented from using weapons did. essentially they are both martial artists, Pandaren monks encorporate the brew/tea aspect into it. I'm pretty sure that WoD will actually touch on this as we'll see going back to Auchindoun how Pandaria monks differ from Draenei.

But I was mostly running this as counter to "Draenei monks make no sense" which is really untrue. There's this conception that all Draenei lore revolves around The Light and holiness when Draenei only embraced The Light after they already fled Argus. There's a lot of lore about Draenei warrior castes, hunters types like Akama more than Paladins and such.
    The fighting aspect of the Pandaren monks were indeed a result of their years of slavery. However, their stances, chi-powers and everything else Especially the mentality of the Monk comes from the teachings of the Celestials. Ad for the Draenei monks, there really isn't that much lore Regarding those. Not to mention that the ones in the game are insane and corrupted.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Pandabears throwing barrels look natural?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The fighting aspect of the Pandaren monks were indeed a result of their years of slavery. However, their stances, chi-powers and everything else Especially the mentality of the Monk comes from the teachings of the Celestials. Ad for the Draenei monks, there really isn't that much lore Regarding those. Not to mention that the ones in the game are insane and corrupted.
    There's a ton of lore, in Terokar Forest. The reason why the monks are either dead or insane is because of the Shadow Council influence that ended up summoning Murmur and destroying Auchindoun, the necromancers that raised the dead. Auchindoun was a reliquary and the monks watched over it. There really is more lore than people think exists regarding Draenei, really second only to Pandarens. I know not many people read the books too but there's some books that talk about it too, and then the quests and such themselves. (At Blizzcon 13 they even stated we'll see Auchindoun prior to destruction and likely Monks will be a big factor.) The whole xpac for WoD will be greatly Orc/Draenei flavored.