Thread: Desktop Lock up

Desktop Lock up

Not sure what's causing my computer to lock up on me but this is the third time this week, while I was doing a normal garrosh kill and the screen just completely locked up on me and the keyboard/mouse weren't responding. I had YouTube open in the background and I can still hear what I had playing but EXTREMELY SLOW and with a buzzing noise.

Only hardware issue in Device Manager is Digital Media Renderer which is my brothers xbox one, not sure how this shows up in my device manager. I tried to pay attention to when he turns it on my computer literally locks up, this happened wednesday night but I was afk for my pc when I come back it's locked up I asked him if he turned it around he said about 3 mins ago, the time on my pc when it locked up was around that same time. and just now he told me he turned it on when my pc locked up again.

pcpartpicker.com/p/2MVwm - are my computer specs , ViewSonic VA2037A-LED is my monitor.

i62.tinypic.com/2jg2uxg.jpg - temps
    Last edited by Warmsodas; 2014-04-12 at 08:18 PM.

Temps dont seem to be an issue. When was the last time you did a virus scan with a GOOD anti-virus? i recommend nod 32 even if it's just the trial. Scan your computer with it, uninstall or disable any other AV you have when using it. It is HIGHLY recommended to not have 2 av's running at once.

Run malwarebytes as well and remove anything it finds.

When was the last time you cleaned the inside with compressed air/air compressor?

When was the last time you defragged the hard drive? Or reinstalled the OS?

Thanks for the reply, Last time I did a virus scan was when I built the pc, it's a little over 2 month old now, I built it late February. I actually cleared the inside this morning right after it froze up on me, it wasn't too bad in there. I'm going to try those suggestions now thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any luck getting this resolved?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    You have i3 in z87 mobo? :P
    I would believe the issue to be the Xbox in this case, since your PC locks up when he turns on the Xbox, is it connected to the PC in any way?
    PM me weird stuff :3