Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    No offense but this might be single player but we really didn't need one class to rule them all, and it once again being Barbarian. You guys were overpowered enough in vanilla D3, time to take a back burner I say. Shard of Hate was obviously broken (or do you think that a proc chance means 100%), the only ones you see complaining, are surprise Barbarians.
    I play a monk and don't even have a barbarian. Good try though. My point still stands.

Signature Created by Jassinta

No surprise that Barbarians with Shard of Hate are complaining about the nerf, and the other classes who don't have Shard are complaining about the weapon being overpowered. No surprise there at all. Nevermind that Wizard is the strongest class, or that Crusaders have been clearing T6 with ease, or that non Shard of Hate wielding Barbarians have been having great success, and nevermind that lightning whirlwind Barbarians are useless.

Shard of Hate is the only reason lightning WW worked, and all it did was allow us to compete with other classes and top specs, it simply turned whirlwind from an underpowered and useless talent into a genuinely viable endgame build. So naturally all those players who spent the best part of a month putting time into gearing their chars for this build are going to be pretty pissed off when not only do they nerf the weapon, but they also implement a new bug that completely breaks the weapon.

So now all those WW Barbarians have had their characters ruined and their hard earned weapon become useless, they have to abandon their lightning gear and they have to go fire, they have to start nearly from the bottom up. You're surprised that people are pissed off that Blizzard effectively ruined their characters?

Shard of Hate was quite literally a build maker, the build is really weak compared to other builds, it was the proc that made it viable, it was not overpowered, it was really strong but no more so than any other top build from either Barbarian or any other class, anybody who thinks Shard was any more powerful is just speaking from complete ignorance.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No surprise that Barbarians with Shard of Hate are complaining about the nerf, and the other classes who don't have Shard are complaining about the weapon being overpowered. No surprise there at all. Nevermind that Wizard is the strongest class, or that Crusaders have been clearing T6 with ease, or that non Shard of Hate wielding Barbarians have been having great success, and nevermind that lightning whirlwind Barbarians are useless.

Shard of Hate is the only reason lightning WW worked, and all it did was allow us to compete with other classes and top specs, it simply turned whirlwind from an underpowered and useless talent into a genuinely viable endgame build. So naturally all those players who spent the best part of a month putting time into gearing their chars for this build are going to be pretty pissed off when not only do they nerf the weapon, but they also implement a new bug that completely breaks the weapon.

So now all those WW Barbarians have had their characters ruined and their hard earned weapon become useless, they have to abandon their lightning gear and they have to go fire, they have to start nearly from the bottom up. You're surprised that people are pissed off that Blizzard effectively ruined their characters?

Shard of Hate was quite literally a build maker, the build is really weak compared to other builds, it was the proc that made it viable, it was not overpowered, it was really strong but no more so than any other top build from either Barbarian or any other class, anybody who thinks Shard was any more powerful is just speaking from complete ignorance.
    "hard earned weapon" heh, good one.

It was bugged and they fixed it, no use crying over it. I don't care how powerful it was, but it wasn't functioning correctly with several skills. If the proc still functions at all it's still better than most of the garbage legendary weapons out there with no procs/unique effects. If they want to buff the proc after the fact, that's fine. But the amount of crying over a singular bugged weapon fix "ruining" the game for people is hilarious.

Also, this may be news to you, but barbs are still top tier t6 viable with fire/EQ/lutsocks build. In fact, I haven't seen any other build in the game clear t6 as fast as that build. I've seen pretty much every class clear t6 relatively efficiently with the right build/gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmsix6 View Post
    "hard earned weapon" heh, good one.

It was bugged and they fixed it, no use crying over it. I don't care how powerful it was, but it wasn't functioning correctly with several skills. If the proc still functions at all it's still better than most of the garbage legendary weapons out there with no procs/unique effects. If they want to buff the proc after the fact, that's fine. But the amount of crying over a singular bugged weapon fix "ruining" the game for people is hilarious.

Also, this may be news to you, but barbs are still top tier t6 viable with fire/EQ/lutsocks build. In fact, I haven't seen any other build in the game clear t6 as fast as that build. I've seen pretty much every class clear t6 relatively efficiently with the right build/gear.
    No shit barbs are still viable, and no shit all classes are viable in T6, do you need to post when you're just agreeing with me? The Shard of Hate nerf just removed 1 viable build from that list of builds, and anyone who played lightning can just salvage their gear and start again, great.

The whole point of my post is that Shard made an underperforming build viable, and that other builds were just as viable without needing shard. Nerfing Shard, and it was a nerf not a fix. The bug has been well known and left unchanged since the beta, blizzard said themselves it was the community outcry that caused them to nerf it

It was a nerf, that is a clear fact. Nerf = reduce effectivenes/strength/power. Which is exactly what they did. The result is that WW lightning is no longer viable. How about read at least one post in the thread before replying in future, ya know... Like the post you're quoting? Lol
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-04-21 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Don't bother. He's a Blizzard fan boy and you are insulting his precious company. He'll probably call you entitled too as that also seems to be a buzz word these days.

OT: I am one of those that doesn't understand the nerfs in a game that has 0 trading, 0 economy and is essentially a single player game. It's also a dungeon crawler, the point is to slaughter hordes of monsters in seconds. Why exactly are we nerfing?
    They didn't nerf shit, an item was bugged causing it to be much more powerful than it should. Are you going to call me a fan boy for wanting items to work properly?
    If there is one item that just makes you switch from t1 to t6 and clear it with ease... well that's bad for the game. It's even worse if it's only working for 1 class.

"Oh well I'm playing for hundreds of hours and I'm still clearing t4 while every fucking barb on the planet can do t6 because of that item and shit gear. FUCK THIS GAME"

No game developer will ever be able to do something without a certain part of the people playing it being mad about it. "Oh blizzard hates WDs and wants them to not be viable because they nerfed this one item" vs "Oh now that item is fixed so WDs are relatively as powerful as I am. Cool."

It's really hard to get it if you're... well... stu... you know the rest. Blizzard (and any other company for that matter) want to make everyone happy. Or at least the majority happy. And that's not because they give a shit about me or you or that guy, just because YOU WILL FUCKING SPEND MONEY ON THEIR GAMES.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a nerf, that is a clear fact. Nerf = reduce effectivenes/strength/power. Which is exactly what they did. The result is that WW lightning is no longer viable. How about read at least one post in the thread before replying in future, ya know... Like the post you're quoting? Lol
    So... the item should have an internal cool down. It has an internal cool down for every class except of when it's dual wielded (of course, with another weapon). It now has an internal cool down when it's dual wielded.
    And that is a nerf? Holy fucking shit...

Deleted
    I would sooner see class set Items drop more often instead of blacktrolls than worry about one item "Iwin Button" Items that where so obviously broken that they where going to be fixed.

Don't bother. He's a Blizzard fan boy and you are insulting his precious company. He'll probably call you entitled too as that also seems to be a buzz word these days.

OT: I am one of those that doesn't understand the nerfs in a game that has 0 trading, 0 economy and is essentially a single player game. It's also a dungeon crawler, the point is to slaughter hordes of monsters in seconds. Why exactly are we nerfing?
    Probably because competitive ladders are making their way to the game soon and having one class doing insanely more than any other completely ruins the entire point of that. Obviously it's not going to be incredibly balanced, but when one class does literally twice as much damage as the rest then that's just stupid.

And drop the cliche fanboy nonsense. That's just not a viable response to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit barbs are still viable, and no shit all classes are viable in T6, do you need to post when you're just agreeing with me? The Shard of Hate nerf just removed 1 viable build from that list of builds, and anyone who played lightning can just salvage their gear and start again, great.

The whole point of my post is that Shard made an underperforming build viable, and that other builds were just as viable without needing shard. Nerfing Shard, and it was a nerf not a fix. The bug has been well known and left unchanged since the beta, blizzard said themselves it was the community outcry that caused them to nerf it

Well you can't just let it sit there for lightning barbs to do twice as much damage as anyone else either, which they were.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Probably because competitive ladders are making their way to the game soon and having one class doing insanely more than any other completely ruins the entire point of that. Obviously it's not going to be incredibly balanced, but when one class does literally twice as much damage as the rest then that's just stupid.

And drop the cliche fanboy nonsense. That's just not a viable response to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you can't just let it sit there for lightning barbs to do twice as much damage as anyone else either, which they were.
    They weren't doing twice as much damage, that is the whole point of what I'm saying. My Barbarion was doing T6, but it was not some easy "Shard and T6" bullshit, it was a really strong gearset and T6 was very difficult. After the Shard nerf I've had to go fire and guess what, still doing T6 just as effectively. Fire always was a stronger spec, it was always equal to or superior to the Shard WW build, Shard was just more fun and it was really effective at lower torments.

At lower Torments the Shard WW spec was amazing, but at high difficulty the fire builds were as effective or more. So you see the point, people are completely ignorant to the fact, very few players have done anything above T3, and the majority of complaints come from players who have no experience with the Shard of Hate itself.

The weapon was no question the most powerful weapon, but the specs that took advantage of that happened to be weak.. Thus creating a situation where the weapon is simply a bandaid that allows weaker builds to compete with far superior builds. But it was a classic Diablo situation that you would always find in Diablo 2, and it created a fun and interesting playstyle.

It wasn't overpowered because that would imply the weapon allowed you to overperform compared to other specs, it didn't... It simply made an underperforming build viable. Lightning barbarion is no longer viable at high difficulty, fire builds completely destroy though... So all they have achieved is reducing build diversity.

I still use SoH. It's still great. It's just not... awesome...

Reading comprehension, please.

If a weak build is viable because of a bugged weapon...and then said bugged weapon gets fixed, the problem isn't with said weapon. The "problem" is with an underperforming build. And it was absolutely a bug fix. Just because it was effectively a nerf doesn't make that not the case. They shouldn't allow bugged items to persist just because a build isn't as good as you want it be. Understand?

If they want 'spam windshear WW and nothing else' to be a viable end game build, they should buff the ability or add a set to buff the ability, not rely on a broken weapon. Hell, even buff SoH so that it's close to where it was, but make it function correctly with all abilities. It's not difficult.

15+ Year Old Account
    One build/ability that hinges on a single item to be "good" is terrible design. A build should progressively get better as you get pieces in the set that it takes to make that set/build, you shouldn't be able to go from terrible to god like by getting a single item, even a terribly rolled version of that item. Balance builds so that they get more powerful progressively with upgrades in various slots, not terrible to OP with one single item.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

legendery should be better then rares not because of stat but because of unique things they have.

Arreat's Law (the weapon useless)
    crafted items without affixes
    Echoing Fury (give it back 0.25 attacks and remove the fear)
    Empyrean Messenger remove resist and give it cool proc
    Fjord Cutter make the chilling aura permanent
    Flesh Tearer (same as arreat's law)
    Griswolds Perfection give it a proc
    Kill (same as arreat's law)
    Logan's Claw give it a proc
    Nutcracker is unique weapon but useless cus it doesnt roll main stat and socket
    Scrimshaw another weapon that is to weak
    Serpent's Sparker (those kind of effects should be more powerful) buff it to 2 extra hydras
    Shard of Hate (the proc rate got fixed i know) would be more fun if on hit it will release a random ability
    Solanium (useless proc)
    Sun Keeper (unique is fine wish the range will get narrowed to 20-30%)

there is wide variety of filler weapons aka all those with 1-2% crit or crit damage

remove them and make weapon drops more meaningful
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Blah dee blah blah. Zero point in making a thread whining about a bug fix, acting as if though it's a "nerf" and isn't required. We all know, full well, that the weapon was broken, and wasn't performing as it should. Yeah, no shit it was powerful. It was powerful beyond what it was intended to begin with. Because it was broken.

So, it got fixed, to what Blizzard intended it to be, and now somehow "Blizzard is nerfing powerful legendaries." What a load of crock.

Show me Blizzard removing the 4-6 extra Blessed Shield bounces from Jekanbord, or the free Blessed Shield from Gyrfalcon's Foote, and I'll show you a real nerf to an actually well-functioning legit item. Until then, pointless thread.
    Whot the hell is wrong with you dude cant you ad somethind constructive here ?? Whot ar you 14 ?? and just jump into puberty??

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    but when one class does literally twice as much damage as the rest then that's just stupid.
    That certainly was a good one.
    it was a really strong gearset and T6 was very difficult.
    Obviously they are right and you could equip shard and be otherwise naked and rock t6 with ease. Honestly I don't think it makes any sense to argue with reason.
    Also no worries judging by the latest posts I am pretty certain that fire will receive a giant nerfbat as well. At the very least lut's + earthquake will get fixed
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-04-22 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    One build/ability that hinges on a single item to be "good" is terrible design. A build should progressively get better as you get pieces in the set that it takes to make that set/build, you shouldn't be able to go from terrible to god like by getting a single item, even a terribly rolled version of that item. Balance builds so that they get more powerful progressively with upgrades in various slots, not terrible to OP with one single item.
    ^^^^^^
    Exactly what this guy said.

If the build is broken because they fixed a bug on a single item, then there is a problem with the build itself, not the item.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-04-21 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Idk this Shard of Hate thing has given me the wrong vibe. That they have drawn the line in the metaphorical sand and there will be no sort of legendary that will even come close to being as strong as shard, but in reality it wasn't even that strong to begin with. Yes it did a lot of damage, but not enough to jeopardize the game and anyone who says shard was a free pass to T6 was obviously trolling.

For example lets look at Alkaizer. He had really good gear, full raekors, a really good soj, unity on him and an invincible follower giving him 50% reduced damage, and a near perfect roll on his strongarm bracers. Was he melting t6? Not really. He could farm it at a decent pace, but even then he was killing things rather slow compared to other comparable specs . If you don't believe me he has a week full of VoDs

http://www.twitch.tv/alkaizerx/b/519309994

I don't really know what to think and this whole thing has left a really bad taste in my mouth. This game has come miles from when it launched two years ago and I was happy to pay for the expansion, but I feel that this game needs more powerful items in order to keep the farm worth while. Thunderfury is a good start, but the ceiling needs to be so much higher.

Jesus christ, it is T6, no gear should allow you to farm it fast. And what are you even saying, "it wasnt that strong to begin with"?? It was at LEAST twice as strong as the next best possible legendary weapon. The nerf/fix was needed.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    In that case almost all the strongest and most interesting items in the game should have their appealing aspects removed, in order to make the itemization and character diversity even less interesting than it already is.

If you think that's good design, then... I hope you don't design systems of entertainment.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    no gear should allow you to farm it fast.
    Too bad that there are several other classes that can.

100% this. Anyone at Blizzard who has any experience at developing single player content is pretty much dwindling on the Starcraft team (and becoming less and less relevant as they transition to 'story-less' games like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm).

Everyone else only knows MMO's and the mantra that everyone has to be same, boring and weak so that they can dole out small increases in power in paid expansions (after nerfing you back to your initial power level)

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Obviously they are right and you could equip shard and be otherwise naked and rock t6 with ease. Honestly I don't think it makes any sense to argue with reason.
    Also no worries judging by the latest posts I am pretty certain that fire will receive a giant nerfbat as well. At the very least lut's + earthquake will get fixed
    I'm starting to think most people in this thread have no idea how stupid the bug was. Tho it was fun doing t6 ubers in a few seconds. No, the weapon wasn't bugged. Blizzard just hates you.
    Doing Rifts in 2 minutes was fun as well.

Totally intended and Shard of Hate didn't have anything to do with it. But yes, you should be able to 1shot most stuff in t6 because of an item and everyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy.

There are some nice other things that can be done currently . See you on the ranked rift ladders.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2014-04-22 at 01:33 AM.