View Poll Results: SOH / TF = GARBAGE

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • YES

3 27.27%
  • NO

8 72.73%

Angry Soh / tf = garbage now

So soh is now a garbage weapon alongside thunderfury and barbs have basically 1 way to play in higher torments 5 / 6 which is stack fire damage % that's it games shit they taken all fun out of it whirlwind is broken

Calling all my fellow barbarians to go spam diablo 3 forums with soh threads until they revert it or fix things

Also another interesting post i read regarding soh

Blizzard decided to apply an "on hit" skill coef on a weapon that don't have a "on hit" proc.

We are all ok to say that SoH pre-nerf was a bit OP. Why that ?
    Because the internal CD of SoH was not working when dual wielding.

Blizzard decided to fix it and it was a GOOD thing. SoH now proc something like 2 times per second max with single target skills with high proc coef.
    And thats why its still very good with skills like Weapon Throw or Frenzy.

Then Blizzard applied a second (and totally stupid) change.
    They decided, out of the blue, that SoH proc should use the proc coef of skills just like TF or Odyn.

Its an error and its a proof that they don't have a clue how their own game works.

TF and Odyn have "On hit" effects. It means that the proc is triggered every time you hit a monster.
    SoH is "On skill use" effect. It means that the proc is triggered when you use a certain skill.

Why does skill coef exist ? Because AOE Skills hits multiple monster per cast. If you don't use an "On Hit" coef (0.13 for WW) the proc effect gonna apply
    way too much.
    WW hit frequency is 2 time your Sheet APS per second. Say you have 2APS, WW gonna hit 4 times per second.Say that 5 monsters are in your WW AOE.
    Its now 4*5 = 20 attacks per second. Its obvious that 20 Odyn proc per second would be totally OP. Thats why low coef on aoe skills exist.

Take the SoH now.
    IT IS NOT an "on hit proc". You won't get more proc if you hit more monsters.
    Thats why its totaly stupid to apply the super low proc coef of aoe skills on hit.

Take a Wizard. SoH use a super low proc coef on Frozen Orb now because Frozen Orb can hit 20 monsters.
    But you don't have a chance to proc for every single mob hit by your Frozen Orb. You only have a chance each time you CAST frozen orb.
    How stupid is that ? huh ? The coef were created because it would be stupid to proc "on hit" 20 time for each orb.
    They were not created to proc "on cast" effects 1 time ou of 20 orbs.

Thats why the second part of the nerf was an error.
    And thats why SoH is now utter trash.

Blizzard failed because they don't even now how this game works.

This part of the nerf is bad, non intended, and should be reverted.
    The ICD fix is ok and needed.
    The proc coef is wrong and absurd.

I like the poll with no question.

I LIKE EGGS.

YES
    NO
    Hi Sephurik

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted NO because I'm imagining the poll question is asking if I understand the point of the thread or the poll itself. If I could have chosen 'Resounding NO' I would have done that instead.
    BAD WOLF

Not sure if that's the question but yes lightning barb is crap.

I voted no because I hate all things! Also, sorry your build is broken, buddy. If you didn't learn the lesson from WoW which is that any time you are top of the world you should worry, because a nerf is coming, you probably should take that away now.

Its unfortunate that they waste resources 'fixing' this fake bug when there are real bugs like %dmg not applying to elemental damage on weapons.

I voted no because I hate all things! Also, sorry your build is broken, buddy. If you didn't learn the lesson from WoW which is that any time you are top of the world you should worry, because a nerf is coming, you probably should take that away now.
    This is not true, certain classes are almost always near or at the top in WoW (mages) and other classes are ignored consistently to the point where they might as well discontinue them (rogue). All you can take away from 'class balance' in WoW is that Blizzard devs are more interested in championing their favored classes than balancing anything.
    Last edited by Venant; 2014-04-17 at 06:11 PM.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I never got one so I don't care
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

'I'm mad because I can't effortlessly farm Torment 6 anymore.'

Closing the thread. Coming here and making a thread because Blizzard fixed an obviously OP and broken proc to rally people against them isn't going to bring out much constructive discussion.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.