Deleted

Reused content, self-defeating bosses & World of Orbs

Why does every encounter/mechanic be all about orbs and not spheres. I mean even marbles could do.

Raid encounters are the most important encounters of all and i'm quite fed up with seeing reused content in them. And the fucking orbs, seriously why so many encounters with soaking, kiting, clicking, avoiding orbs. Couldn't they be a little more creative than that? Malkorok uses monk's mastery orbs, but ofcourse colored white so that's in no way a reused content, and they do damage. The whole of cataclysm was full of small halfuses wyrmbreakers, whilst he should be a unique character. Well fuck. Dragon soul was a reused content party. We shall hopefully soon see the return of the self-defeating bosses like The Twin Valkyrs. Except this time they will be spawning orbs.

Consider this thread partially as a joke, i'm not mad and quite aware that it's not really as important as for instance polishing class mechanics or modelling instance model props. It just makes me a little sad when so many bosses are just obscenely the same, scaled mobs we see in dungeons. And they spawn orbs. (retextured). Not important though, After all this could cost us a raid tier.

Another day, another stupid thing for someone to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    Not important though, After all this could cost us a raid tier.
    Literally couldn't take it any longer after you said this; spat my drink everywhere whilst falling off my chair laughing LOL!! This forum needs more people like you to come up with witty, fresh and insightful jokes!

If you're bored enough to make threads like this, go play another game or something.

Deleted
    Seeing as the boss models aren't special anymore anyway (hey 4 difficulty modes) I have stopped caring about them. To be fair though I cannot disagree with your orb annoyance... they are everywhere.
    10/10 thread, it breaks the usual boredom

Interesting thread is interesting. Yeah, there are a bunch of orbs aren't there?

Ah, TwinValks... "Click that orb, stand on that orb... NO NOT THAT ORB!!!"

______________________________________________________________________________________
    I am Çhubathingy of <Royal Militia> on KT - 14/14H, US22nd 10m, we are recruiting all classes for WoD!
    Last edited by Chubathingy; 2014-04-16 at 04:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall's orbs! They're everywhere!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Magtheridon had cubes!

I know. I hate orbs. I prefer when I had to click on a pyramid in Magtheridon (at least if I remember right). It's sad that even the new monk class has orbs to run over. Why couldn't monks have a new icon like a fist with the thumb sticking up that you had to click on to sit to get healed.

I hope they have squares in WoD. The world needs more squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    Why does every encounter/mechanic be all about orbs and not spheres.
    Clearly you have never tried to say "spawns spheres" out loud.

Its almost as bad as the now obligatory Council fight every tier

10+ Year Old Account
    Should they be 23 sided polyhedrons instead?

Frost orb has been renamed Frost Triangle to better reflect that Mages are not raid bosses.

A pet peeve of mine is when people complain (half-jokingly or not) about Blizzard reusing models. I mean, ffs, I've seen so many people cry about "reused content" on bosses and they completely ignore the fact that those fights have unique and interesting mechanics.

I mean, look at the Fallen Protectors: Oh man, they're Pandaren! Reusing models much, Blizzard? Oh man, all of those waves on Galakras are reused models! Oh, and those orbs are totally recolored versions of these other orbs... nevermind the fact that they act completely differently. Oh, and EVERYTHING on Spoils is reused... even though that's kind of the whole point of Spoils -- they're spoils from various places on Pandaria!

I know that graphics are everything for some people, but please, PLEASE stop judging fights based on the models of the bosses. When it comes to bosses as content, we should be talking about mechanics, not models and graphics.

P.S. When you say "Self-defeating" and refer to Twin Valks, you're pointing out that the orbs that they're spawning are helping us kill them, right? Funny how they also kill us if we grab the wrong ones, which is kind of the whole point of the fight -- they're making us dance instead of standing still and pewpewing.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-04-16 at 06:00 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    But squares are reused content too! Remember Heroic stone guard!