Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    No please !

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Replace "Expansion" with sequel.
    The sad part is, as stupid this video is, it actually became a reality.

In the video they talk about zombie dragon mount for everyone. I'm pretty sure everyone in wow now has access to a super awesome dragon mount regardless how good or terrible you are at the game. That is litterally badass moiunt for everyone, gear, title etc...

In the video they talked about tuskar as new race because they are cute. Well we now have panda as a race because they are cute and cudly and bouncy and cute.

video is very undecisive on the type of talent tree they want, and blizzard is too, they change how talent works every expansion.

Don't need to go on, that video has actually become true and blizz did it, not fan.

it was predicted in that movie by those brothers.

everyone but a small few will be playing it.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-04-18 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Replace "Expansion" with sequel.
    What i'm trying to say about doesn't exactly link to the video....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    As the title says, is there actually a World of Warcraft 2nd generation in development? (Not a new Expansion)
    I think if they ever will make a WoW2 that they will make new lore and history with a WC4.
    Vanilla, TBC and WotlK all had there lore from WC3 and now that alot of main lore characters getting killed or die it would be smart to set up new lore first in an RPG.

Maybe we skip 40 years forward where Thrall's kid leads the Horde and we got a grown up Anduin leading the Alliance.
    Anyways i see a WoW2 being made ofc somewhere in the futher but not before it gets toward 2m subs so might be another 10 years before anything happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very unlikely to recreate WoW. It'd be more likely to get a brand new game, brand new story, brand new engine, etc. and hang up the WoW lore. It'd just be a smarter business move in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going to come but we need it, the engine are graphics are really out of date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    wod comes close with all the character and engine upgrades to wow 2 =)
    It comes nowhere close. If WoW were to implement the high quality graphics and animations that new games have, the stress on your current PC would be insane. The engine is just not designed for it, it's just too dated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's not going to come but we need it, the engine are graphics are really out of date.
    To recreate an engine means to recreate the game, which is not happening with the WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
    There was a Warcraft I, II and III.

Why would there be a World of Warcraft I, II and III?

They could take advantage of new tech. Have a thousand people on screen at once or integrate VR.

Are you saying they lost money on WoW cause that's the only way I can see them not making a WoW II is if they lost money on WoW I.
    Or they are still making money on WoW so there is no need to start over.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't make a WoW 2. I'd much rather see a new MMO all together from Blizz once WoW is done. Just as long as it isn't a futuristic space themed one, I never liked that setting much.

I really wouldn't expect it anytime soon. 10 years from now who knows, but I doubt there's anything in development except maybe a few early concepts.

For Blizzard to even consider seriously investing in a WoW2 project, they would have to have good reason to believe that WoW is only a few years away from being financially unsustainable. While WoW has suffered subscriber drops in recent years, it was so ludicrously profitable before that as long as they keep making expansions even a worst-case-scenario still has it being financially sustainable for the next five years or so.

It's also possible that instead of making WoW2, they'll put in a new graphics engine into the existing game. This would be an enormous undertaking, probably comparable to making a WoW2 outright, but it could be done.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I consider Warlords of Draenor to be "WoW 2"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why should there be a WoW 2 and what would be in it that couldn't be in an x-pac?

- - - Updated - - -

I say I don't need it and the graphics are fine. Or at least...should I say they work much much better for me than the flashy so-called realistic graphics of Aion, GW or TESO.
    I'm not saying they have to look realistic, but I wish the detail they put into the new character models could be put into the world as well. A new engine would open up more opportunities for unique boss fights, possible physics and more realistic movement.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Or they are still making money on WoW so there is no need to start over.
    but is it good for the company or good for the consumer.
    i get the company attitude with "our 10 years old product still making money, let's not change it yet". It's like my 10 years old car still running good, no need to change.

10 years ago people were running a single core pentium at 1GHz with 512 Mo Ram (the average config). Nowaday the average config might be at least a dual core, more likely a quad core at 3-4 GHz with 2 Go RAM and a graphic card that blows 10 years old cards out of the water.

Yes i think the game should follow the technical advance. At very least, push the graphic option high for those who have good rig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Do you not understand the definition of the word 'never'? It's is all encompassing. In the year 3021, World of Warcraft 2, or some variation of the name in a similar universe can happen. I don't think you seriously understand how that word works.
    I don't think you know how language and common sense work.

Anyways, there's no reason to think there will be a "WoW 2". If they were going to put in the effort to create a whole new MMO, they'd be better of creating something new.

My points exactly and that does lead another point ESO is giving WoW a run for its money i've seen its graphics first hand and they are beautiful and almost real if you were to look in a fantasy film, it also has a lot more to it than just spamming spells over and over as you do in WoW, ESO will be taking over... it's almost guaranteed...
    A lot of people that play WoW don't play it because of its hyper realistic LOTR style graphics

As the title says, is there actually a World of Warcraft 2nd generation in development? (Not a new Expansion)
    I think i can say with 100% that no that is not in development . They have soo many expansions still so dont count on it

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Project Titan was possibly going to be Blizzard's new MMO project, but that fell apart. I think Blizzard want to continue selling WoW as their 'premium' MMO product for a while yet, even if its getting more and more long in the tooth.

inb4 muh 8 million subs
    It didnt go the way they wanted the Game to be , So they started over with it. Project titan is still coming

Deleted
    I wouldnt' think so