Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    That isn't his argument at all. His argument is that if you double the amount of people working in a single factory, they will get in each others way and slow things down. Nobody is talking about creating 2 games.
    Oh jeeze think outside the box for one min!

Imagine its not 2 games, but 2 expansions... you with me? Now imagine one of them is the expansion were currently playing... becoming clear yet?

So we all know and joke about any new content being at the expense of WoD or 'costing a raid tier'. But what if there wasn't so much overlap, there would no compromise over what gets development time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Then don't watch it. Problem solved.
    oh, thanks for help! I thought I must watch all episodes of this crap! You saved 80 mins of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Oh jeeze think outside the box for one min!

Imagine its not 2 games, but 2 expansions... you with me? Now imagine one of them is the expansion were currently playing... becoming clear yet?

So we all know and joke about any new content being at the expense of WoD or 'costing a raid tier'. But what if there wasn't so much overlap, there would no compromise over what gets development time.
    Except they've already stated they're working on the next two expansions as we speak, which have their own teams. They get as much as they can done until those working on WoD are done, then they swap places.

Maybe we should lock the doors on Blizzard HQ and tell them they can't come out until the expansion is finished, and to stop wasting their own money.

This is suppost to be a fansite, but all people seem to do is piss 'n' moan. Watch the series, it's quite entertaining watching the people who make our favourite games making some cool bikes.

I wish they would do more fun stuff like this. They seem more detatched from the community than they used to be. I remember when GM's used to just pop up in game and do some silly shit and chat to people. I miss things like that.

People need to chill out and lighten up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Except they've already stated they're working on the next two expansions as we speak, which have their own teams. They get as much as they can done until those working on WoD are done, then they swap places.
    If that is true, it really doesn't make sense for them to be spending resources on content thats 3 years down the line, when they have players leaving now because content is getting stale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?
    This thread seems more about whining that you have to wait for an expansion than about the actual side project of Azeroth Choppers. You honestly think this is taking away from the development of the expansion? If so you honestly have no idea how a company that massive works.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that is true, it really doesn't make sense for them to be spending resources on content thats 3 years down the line, when they have players leaving now because content is getting stale.
    Because businesses plan ahead. It's not a shocker. Metzen and the creatives are probably working MUCH MORE on Whatever Expansion 6 is Lorewise. Honestly if they didn't plan ahead they'd be fucked.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I remember when they said they would never make us wait like they did in ICC.....

Let's say they do drop everything on the expansion after WoD and put everyone on it, for the fat lot of good it would do. What then happens when WoD comes to an end and nobody's been working on that expansion for three years? Answer: last raiding tier of WoD lasts three years.

First episode was a 10 minute you tube clip, they said the whole series will be this length. ALL the wow members did, was sit at a table and talk about what they thought horde and alliance should have on the bikes.... They aren't building the bikes, if you think that took time out of the expansion you are so clueless.

Jesus to many fucking complainers in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because businesses plan ahead. It's not a shocker. Metzen and the creatives are probably working MUCH MORE on Whatever Expansion 6 is Lorewise. Honestly if they didn't plan ahead they'd be fucked.
    Plan ahead so you don't have a dry spell of say 1 year with no new content? Yeh been working a charm.

I remember when they said they would never make us wait like they did in ICC.....
    I remember when they said they'd TRY to not make it as long of way, but never promised it. Feel free to find a quote saying otherwise.

Plan ahead so you don't have a dry spell of say 1 year with no new content? Yeh been working a charm.
    Again, this shows ignorance in the field. Adding more people to the WoD team won't get it out the door any faster at this point. Most of what's being done is resting on art assets, which can only have so many people working on it at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    But they could have re-allocated money that was obviously not going to be well utilized out of the apparently bloated marketing department budget and then put that money into hiring developers, artists, programmers, and other people who make new content possible. How is this hard to understand for people?
    I doubt the money they put into this mini-series would be enough to hire enough people to make a difference. You would get 2-3 people at most.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    oh, thanks for help! I thought I must watch all episodes of this crap! You saved 80 mins of my life!
    Your welcome!

Please blizzard would never hard commit to something like that. At best they would phrase like they would try not to repeat that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Let's say they do drop everything on the expansion after WoD and put everyone on it, for the fat lot of good it would do. What then happens when WoD comes to an end and nobody's been working on that expansion for three years? Answer: last raiding tier of WoD lasts three years.
    Again, this shows ignorance in the field. Adding more people to the WoD team won't get it out the door any faster at this point. Most of what's being done is resting on art assets, which can only have so many people working on it at once.
    The reply was in the context of doubling a team won't speed up the development process of that one project, but having 2 teams of equal size meant working on projects in parallel not in series as they do now.

So no more "X will cost Y" because one dude is expected to do both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure whoever is in charge of this has mostly nothing to do with developing wod.....

10+ Year Old Account

What else can Metzen fucking do on WoD? Not much else other then creatively telling what will happen in 6.1 6.2. 6.3. 6.4. Keep the condescent out of here.

The reply was in the context of doubling a team won't speed up the development process of that one project, but having 2 teams of equal size meant working on projects in parallel not in series as they do now.

So no more "X will cost Y" because one dude is expected to do both.
    It's probably much more complicated then what anyone here sees it as.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-04-17 at 08:11 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.
    It is marketing, as a marketer this is all that it is, there are plenty of people who watch this show, and when they roll out the bikes at E3, people are gonna be like whaaaat.

That's like saying a commercial takes from development time. It's a commercial, but it was probably cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gimmicks bro.. Gimmicks.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I remember when they said they'd TRY to not make it as long of way, but never promised it. Feel free to find a quote saying otherwise.

Where's the blizzard tattoo on your ass? They implied it, and that is about as seedy a tactic as a politician saying they will do something when elected,

On that note, yeeeaaaah bikes whoo!

Also, if they auction the bike off, for charity or otherwise, I am sure there are very wealthy wow players who would spend a fortune on it