Poll: What Spec?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Looking for a pvp healer class

recently i have found myself wanting to play an healer in pvp so in wondering what your recommendations are for a spec that would be easy to learn and fun to play?

I play Random Battlegrounds and skirmishes so how strong the spec is does not really matter to me
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-08-15 at 10:51 PM.

Druid has the best self peels and escape. Heals are a bit weaker, but they have great CC. Shamans have high throughput but are much more reliant on other people for peels. If you do random BGs, druid is probably your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a holy paladin. It's a pretty straightforward: If you heal something, it gets healed. No heal-over-time stuff. On top of that you have some cool utility spells to help your teammates out.
    Warlock (SL main)

Resto Druid or Holy Pala.
    Depends if you like direct healing or Heals over time. And Druids have alot of CC spells.

Deleted
    Resto druids have always been strongest pvp healer, except for in MoP I think? Well, it was a short while where noone wanted Resto druids in rated battlegrounds, but just a short while otherwise they have almost always been the strongest.
    The other healers have their hallelujah moments every now and then, usually don't last long, usually get nerfed fast

Deleted
    I voted for monk as there's enough of the other classes, plus they have a sap and bubble. In Rateds I always go for Pally, preist, Druid/monk healers

Remember when Disc Priests were gods? I do. Now theyre shit, so Resto Druid.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I play a holy paladin. It's a pretty straightforward: If you heal something, it gets healed. No heal-over-time stuff.
    Eternal Flame is a HoT. But yeah, it's a good and easy to play healer, lots of survival buttons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    Disc priest are the best healer for comps that play really aggressively (i.e.: thug cleave), it is just VERY hard to play with it and doesn't fit most comps.

OT:

You want a resto druid, they are fairly easy to play and they are great to escape, which will keep you alive on the low end game.

absolutely do not go Holy priest. You will grind your teeth down to gums in pure frustration as you get chewed on with zero survivability, CC breaks and just all around slow. The spec wasn't designed for PvP, plain and simple. It's going to take a high-rated holy priest to come in here and smack me around to convince me otherwise.

Monk or Druid deff the most fun, they are the most slippery kitey healers that make bgs really fun. If you just want to be the best for areana hpally is your bet.

I voted MW.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Druid, superb mobility so you don't die in bgs.

Not a lot of shaman love here. Train the blue, boyz. Good luck getting peels from random BGs.

I really like Druid. Tons of CC, escape/mobility/self peels, on the move heals, stealth, not to mention 3 viable PVP specs and tons of comp options. My main complaint is their PVE raid healing is mostly -- Does this square have Rejuv? Yes: Move to next square and return to start; No: Cast rejuv, move to next square, and return to start. Yes, I'm oversimplifying a bit, but that's basically it.

Shaman healing feels more interesting and appeals to me, but I have just had some terrible BG experiences. On the other hand, Tablet of Ghost Wolf in Ashran looks like it could be fun. Enhancement seems pretty decent but only works in 1 comp (Turbo).

Priests need some love in PVP. Paladin or Monk is probably my best choice right now. Not having a ranged DPS option for Ashran kind of stinks.

So I'm pretty conflicted right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    Yes they were gods for the first month of WoD when everyone was still in blues, but Disc feels dull right now and more dull specs being gods is the last thing this game needs, so I'm okay being "meh".

Deleted
    Is Resto Shaman still not any good in pvp?

It is good, but just awful to play w/o any peels. Mobility and defensives aren't great so they can't really escape or avoid being tunneled.

I voted hpriest because I feel bad for them

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    do you want to have a bad time in pvp? this is how you have a bad time in pvp
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Coming from a person who has played holy priest for eight years, do NOT do that to yourself in pvp. I've done it. You will be sad.

I vote resto druid. The cc makes for a lot of outs when you are in danger.